BLS International

I have been interested in this stock for a while. I may be wrong on this but I think Visa outsourcing is a brilliant business. It is a big headache for most government embassies to deal with visa applications. There is a big moat as a lot of trust is required on the part of embassies to outsource their visa process. It can affect the revenues of a country in a drastic way related to travel. BLS has been winning contracts slowly and there is a lot of room to grow. Every year BLS survives increases the trust they have.

VFS is the giant here. It has cornered most of the market. BLS is a tiny fish. It holds a 4% market share as of now. But as trust develops over a period of time, even winning a few contracts will make a big difference. Gaining a few percentage points in market share can be a gamechanger.

The company did not lose any money during the pandemic and does not require much-fixed assets. Also, I would respectfully disagree that visa processes will shift online or get automated as feared by some people in this thread. Developed countries do like to control the kind of people that enter their land. A country like India can give online e-visa applications to developed countries but vice versa won’t happen. They need documents and biometrics where outsourcing is more efficient. Also, dealing with embassies often leads to fewer applications as it is not much consumer-friendly. A travel agent told me that the lowest applications in the whole of Europe are with the countries that have not outsourced its visa services. Going to embassies for visa applications is a headache for both the consumer and the embassy. It is not cost-efficient and dealing with all kinds of people is not the forte of embassies.

There were certain issues regarding this company which was highlighted a couple of years ago. And they were pretty much valid. Most of them were related to corporate governance. Large debt and large receivables was a major issue. Earlier, it was a little tough to believe that management was being sincere regarding this. Now, since both debt and receivables have been cleared, it is much easier to believe that. Also, governments are famous for withholding payments. Cash being held in a subsidiary outside may be an issue but it is understandable as UAE is more tax efficient.

The managing director was an ex-CEO of KEC International(Harsh Goenka group) and it seems the family owners have decided to seek help from certain professional CEO. The promoter is still in a position of Joint MD. This is a positive sign I believe. The interviews of the promoter seemed good and he refrained from giving any future guidance. Also, I think it is highly unlikely that a company may win contracts with foreign governments and be of below-average corporate governance simultaneously. Given, that they have received many contracts from the Canadian government recently is reassuring and has created a different revenue stream apart from visa outsourcing.

There are certain risks regarding this. Firstly, it is difficult to judge the quality of services they are providing. Spain tourism has increased under their contract which is positive but the way Sopra Steria removed them out of their contract can be problematic. As someone rightly pointed out in this thread that low bidding can decrease the quality of services they provide. Also, there are low net margins but simultaneously high entry barriers as it takes a lot of time to develop trust which makes it extremely difficult for new players to enter but also tough for BLS to gain new contracts from VFS clients.
The other issue that can cause downside is the potential of losing business from one of their top clients i.e. Spain and the inability to gain any new client. But I am willing to bet against this possibility for the time being.

The valuation isn’t high enough. It is available below 850 Cr market cap and has huge room to grow. It is cheap as per a cash flow basis and return ratios will improve as this business does not require a huge capital outlay to expand. An increase in revenue will most likely increase ROCE and ROE. Management has a 75% stake which is positive. They have around 270 crores of cash plus 100 crores in receivables with zero debt. These factors do give some margin of safety.

I would be grateful for some counter views.

Disclaimer: Invested tracking amount

6 Likes

BLS International signs contract with Embassy of Brazil in China

I think most facets of the company have been captured on this thread. I like most things about the business but have two broad concerns that I would like to hear the members’ views on

1. What is the true Value of the Cash. If it is indeed that cash is in other jurisdictions and it is inefficient tax wise to bring it to India, what is the company’s planned use of Cash ? It does not seem like it is a Capital intensive business. Also eventually (may be in some distant future), the cash has to be distributed to shareholders. So, what is the extent of leakage we should expect while moving cash across countries is my biggest query

2. Secondly, I have not yet see the exact percentage of revenues being contributed by the Spain Business to the company. How much is it. Given that the contract expires in Dec 2021 (or some other time it is extended), How likely is it to get new contracts to keep up the revenue numbers

3. Not a query, but some people on this thread have mentioned losing US business to Cox and Kings in 2017. What exactly happened then ?

Insider Trade done on 17th Feb.

1 Like
1 Like

This seems like a very strange move - Agent to Amazon. Seems not able to get enough clients.

But will be a beginners with least competition.

1 Like

They already signed a 3 year contract. Let see how its contribute the revenue

1 Like

3 Likes

BLS International Services AR 21 Main Points!

Disclaimer: Invested

1 Like

Any questions for BLS?

by questions you mean ?

Meeting the management

Please update the findings after meeting

yes sure,

Give me time till weekend, will summarise and share

2 Likes

hey buddy

waiting for your answers and inputs!

BLS international note :

Business vertical : all businesses are in range of 12-15% EBITDA.

Visa business : 30%

Visa, Value added services and passport renewal (in India, we do it, passport renewal, all over world).

E-governance : 10-11% revenue.

Punjab birth certificate, exclusive to us. Only we provide. We have won in UP (got about 12000 centres in 5 districts, operations will start now). Rajasthan we got 5 districts, they have made e Mitra software.

We have done in Nigeria similar services. Similar to Aadhar card.

Others : Business correspondent, ecommerce reseller.

Competition :

VFS has 60% market share.

Growth Potential :

Our growth : Outsourcing market grows + Renewals where we are fighting with VFS.

Government doesn’t want to create monopolistic business, hence split the entire contract with 2 vendors. It creates risk : VFS concern is transparency, in case something happens to VFS entire visa handling takes a backseat.

Cluster : Some regions with VFS and some with Bls.

In next 2 years, 1.5billion$ up for renewal. Some contracts are in final stages.

Tender process is in 3 parts :

Eligibility

Technical

Commercial : It is not L1, in Europe, 30% weight.

Indian contracts are more on relation and pricing.

5-6 years, we were not eligible, this time, we are geared up since we are eligible for all contracts coming for renewal, case for us being able to get contract is very high vs 5 years ago.

How are we different from spicemony in our BC vertical?

We are doing the same thing. However, we have exclusive tie-up with SBI.

Visa processing barriers to entry ? Why can Tata and reliance get in and burn money initially and try to knock us out.

Elgibility criteria : difficult to fulfill.

E.g. In Europe, eligibility is to have 2 Schengen countries only then you can apply.

Company there in the business, will get bigger.

Any ROCE threshold for bidding the contract?

Minimum 20% threshold. WC is negative, and asset light model, we get back investment in 6-9 months.

ROCE without cash, it will be > 20%. Cash is in Dubai, at 1% FD rate.

Spain 5 year contract. 175millioj euros contract.

Brazil, Russia also we got, We got their in ME, testing outsourcing model and then going full way.

Traveller pays us visa fee and processing charges. Visa fee goes to ministry, processing charges with us. Processing charges in Europe : 16-30 euros.

E visas risk?

As a concept, yes, but certain countries are only comfortable with E visa or visa on arrival. Most countries want to scrutinize and hence only small % can be in E Visa.

Receivables in books :

Receivable from punjab close to 70 crores, once that comes, it will be < 20 crores.

TATA AIG and HDFC forex on our site, what is revenue arrangement?

We have centres across India. We try to cross sell. Clean profit.

VISA : Insurance and Forex card where we get commission. Cash cow business.

Punjab : IRCTC booking, we get commission.

Rajasthan : We have tied up with E commerce sites.

Once infra is built, we try to sweat is a lot better.

Good potential : Visa Business : 50:50 (50 visa fee and 50 ancillary services). E.g. Courier pay Blue-dart 200 and collect 650 to deliver Visa at home.

Bottomline will come through these services.

Tax rate is low ?

BLS international is mother company and 100% subsidiary Dubai FTZ. 46 countries we have presence through FZE. Visa business revenue generation/profit gets pooled in FZE. FZE is tax free.

In India, we do BC/E-governance, we pay tax.

I did wanted to convey the message of cash sitting outside and not actually coming to the shareholders. Also EPS is artificially inflated, EPS should be discounted by 30%. Management is hence looking for acquisitions so that it can deploy cash. ROCE will improve since businesses we buy will be value accretive and street concerns will be cleared.

This will help in growth of the company.

Also wanted to understand, just to use cash, we dont overpay. Management is very cognizant of value accretive deal. We are clear on profit making ventures and EPS accretive deals. < EBITDA multiple.

75% investor is promoter.

We were on closure of one deal, and Covid struck and Visa was shut.

They can do 100 crores EBITDA this year.

Management has plans to professionalize and hence CFO Amit is live example in that direction.

Why did VFS lose Spain?

VFS lost Spain : We were competitive. Also, We have Local high end consultant in UK, we are spending money there, they sell us well there to the ministry. Earlier, we used to work when tender used to float, now we already work when tender is about to be announced. We have done changes in the team.

9 Likes

On the securiy deposit :

The offices are of promoter, and rentals are very low 15-20k per month for say 2500 Sq. feet in Connaught Place. Promoters didnt want income. however to compensate on TP basis, security deposit.

so whats the view on the company. I am tempted to buy some. Any comment on valuation