Associated alcholols & breweries ltd

In my view, I think the directors (Kedias) have huge amount of black money, and they are trying to convert it in good money, this is by means of inflating profits and then drawing high salaries.

This pattern is seen after 2014, demonetisation period.

Also, I noticed one more thing, I think they may have 45 MLD capacity well before 2010 (found from old AR), but they showed only 30 MLD in 2014, and by manipulating they increased it to 45 MLD again, and showed investors a different picture that they expanded.

So, in my thinking that money may had came from that 15 MLD capacity which they were hiding before 2014.

In India bad government policies is the biggest reason to incentivise black selling of alcohol, and to be honest I think almost every small alcohol manufacturing company is involved in such kind of activities.

Disclosure: Invested.

13 Likes

Join Zoom Meeting:

Meeting ID: 856 9919 5236
Passcode: 228902

Its live in 2 mins.

Hi Raj,

the discussion was similar to the video posted below. I had shared earlier also on this forum.

1 Like

If they can steal for you one day they will steal from you that is case here

Hello rmehta26!
Good Day!

Thanks for sharing the information.
Company Looks good and we are seeing the strong growth in previous quarter.
For me also only concern is their salary rise. This is too high. I think it will increase year on year.

Regards,
Kathir

2 Likes

Board meeting on 28th May to declare Quarterly results and conference call on 31st May.

Completely agree. otherwise ENA and bottling business does not have much margins . They don’t any strength in branded imfl segment. Country liquor is also not much lucrative . Company can make this kind of profits through seconds business or duty evasion .

1 Like

Again good set of numbers from AABL,

the below is my observation on YoY basis,

1. Overall sales reduced due to pandemic however margin and profit increased.
  2. Cash is increased to 78cr where as no change in inventory and receivables which is a good sign
  3. Looks like 2020-21 Q3 is their topline which could take sometime catchup again
  4. Capacily expansion is a key to monitor. It may take time due to covid.

My long term view is intact in AABL. Concall is scheduled on Monday.

1 Like

Can anybody provide link for last cocall?

Investor Presentation

Civil work for expansion has started it states. Also, equipment procurement is finalized with Praj Industries Ltd and other vendor agreements are also under finalization stage.

Strategy as explained in the Annual Report

2 Likes

Results of Mcdowell-N vs Associated Alcohols & Breweries Ltd.! The Mcap/Sales differs a lot. The profitability also differs.
Disclaimer: Not a buy recommendation, Tracking

5 Likes

Sept 2021 Results
0a0f53b5-4a1d-4ef6-bc20-e1b91392b880.pdf (2.9 MB)

Sales has increased to 120.61 cr from 80.32 cr in June 21 and 103.35 cr in Sept 20
PAT has increased to 14.26 cr from 10.14 cr in June 21 and 13.17 cr in Sept 20

Company has cash reserves of Rs.89 cr as on 30th Sept 2021.

Management is exploring the merger/amalgamation with Mount Everest Breweries Limited. It should also further add to expansion plans. CARE Rating report states it is promoted by Kedia Group.05032021071224_Mount_Everest_Breweries_Limited.pdf (787.0 KB)

1 Like

Company has posted highest Quarterly sales though Margins have been dipped due to increase in raw material cost

Eager to learn from the Investor Presentation and transcripts.

2 Likes

I was going through the quarterly results and found something amusing. Excise duty expenses have been really low in last 9 months compared to previous years. Check the screenshot of the latest quarterly resuIts. If the image is not readable, here is what I’ve highlighted.

9M ending Dec 21 9M ending Dec 20
Revenues 36563 32490
Excise 107.3 1545.9

Has there been such a significant shift in excise policy? Or does this mean there will be a bigger excise expense in coming quarterly results?

Edit: table format

6 Likes

Company is going to merge with Mouth Everest Breweries which is mainly into Beer Manufacturing(B2C and contract for United Brewries).

In the Proposed Merger 1000 Shares of ASALCBR will be converted into 773 Shares of MEBL .
Exchange Filing for Reference.

1 Like

would wait for concall for further clarity: few questions

Q. Why not merge Mount Everest into AABL?
Q. Basis of this ratio?

• Prom Share Holding in MEBL not mentioned
  • MEBL b/s and p&l not shared
    Q. What cost synergies expected
2 Likes

The reverse merger seems to be designed to avoid disclosure requirements about Mount Everest? Also would this entail delisting and relisting?

1 Like

AABL-MEBL Merger.pdf (1.5 MB)

2 Likes

After the merger the new entity
MEBL 3.45 cr shares Promoter holding 82 percent

Now AABL PRICE 445 CONVERSION 77.3 PRICE 560

at this rate what is the market cap approx 2000 cr

The sudden increase shown in the revenue of MEBL in the first quarter of fy23 compared to previous three years raises some concern.

Little worried about whether this is a bad corporate governance or legally valid

Some senior members kindly have a look

Regards
Disc reduced holding

All the details are in AABL website