Yes bank

Its turning out to be too bad. Few days back, Mr Agarwal was there and now spitting like disgruntled employee. If his allegations turn out to be true then its a cause of major worry for investors.

www.moneylife.in/article/yes-bank-uttam-agarwal-alleges-insider-trading-seeks-sebi-probe/59150.html

Time to review SHP as last quarter had lot of action… although YES is in action for quite a long term but none of the actions have resulted in providing good hope for retail investors. The analysis returns interesting point that Retail Investors have almost matched FIIs on each step (quarter on quarter). Only time will tell if Retailers caught FIIs on wrong foot

Mode detailed look shows that MF holding has decreased despite recent fund raising of 1900 Cr at 83.55

2 Likes

Shubhada Rao (chief economist of yes bank) as well as other group presidents are selling their shares.
The chief economist has liquidated all her holdings except for 235 shares.

https://www.bseindia.com/stock-share-price/yes-bank-ltd/yesbank/532648/disclosures-insider-trading-2015/

3 Likes

I think even if they survive by raising sizable capital in that case too recovery in stock price will take sometime .
Not sure why they not able to raise capital when we have seen Airtel raising 3 billion dollar in a matter of few days/weeks.

Clock is ticking fast after Vodafone /telcos AGR dues case as Yes bank is one of the biggest lender to Vodafone too.

If they don’t come out with any solid plan by mid Feb in that case they will end up breaching the capital ratio requirement for sure it seems

Voda-Idea is not mentioned in this list against Yes bank (was shared before here)

Recovery of risk appetite in the market may result in Yes Bank getting some investor. Even right issue may get adequately subscribed. With recovery in markets, some of the stressed asset may also become good. Thus, possibility of YES Bank surviving is improving.
What should be its value if it survives, after possible equity dilution at a very low price?

Here you can see Yes Bank exposure as 5K crores.

2 Likes

State Bank chairman says YES Bank ‘will not be allowed to fail’

when is the q3 results expected. bank has not yet disclosed the dates for q3 results. Isnt it too late?? isnt it an indicator of bad results??

1 Like

It surely going to be bad results …only question is how bad it will be ?
May be they waiting for announcing some thing positive on capital raise front before they declare results.
May be they will declare it after EGM scheduled on 7th of Feb.

They need to refute allegations of Independent Director who resigned on Jan 10 strongly. My guess is they may have got someone to investigate on their behalf but not declaring results date is even surprising. Not having third refute these allegations will surely dent image of board.

1 Like

Any one planing to attend EGM ?
Please guide me how do I register for it if required or how to go about it ?
I wish to attend but have no idea as have never attended any AGM or EGM before so please guide .

If you are a shareholder, you must HV received an invitation or can download the attendance slip from yes bank website,fill it with you folio no etc and Carry a copy to the venue.

I have been a shareholder from last few years but unfortunately have not received anything.
From where can I find that slip ? As part of announcement of EGM ?

I too checked yes bank website for any notice for EGM but could not find anything there. I too was a shareholder till v recently but I also have not received any mail regarding the same.

He appointment on board has happened during Rana kapoors tenure I believe .
It’s like criminals ( not calling him criminal ) can fire bullets anytime on any one but police can’t do same .
I believe if he would not have resigned before board meeting in that case board any would have asked him to do so in last board meeting .
So personally I am not reading too much into it as I shared earlier ,may be they wish to announce some positive stuff before declaring results which is expected to be muted as they may not be disbursing any big tickets loans and hence NPA may look higher due to denominator effect .

My 2 cents .

Invested

3 Likes

Here is th link to egm notice :
https://www.yesbank.in/pdf/notice_of_extraordinary_general_meeting_pdf

I attended EGM. Here are my views

1. A reputed third party firm will investigate these things. I couldn’t understand whether they already hired or going to hire. My guess is they already hired and waiting for the report.

2. Many investors are waiting for the things to settle down so they know what to expect. They are coming back. I will not give much importance to these statements unless money comes in

3. The loan book cannot be changed in overnight and will take times to settle down. Only solution is Capital to overcome this. This statement should have being made before so every one’s expectation should have being set accordingly

4. Ravneet Gill has all the qualities of CEO. His last speech was good in assuring investors.

5. Brahm Dutt - Chairman also handled very well

6. Once capital comes in, large investors will ask for board representation. So, I feel board will see few additions and deletions.

7. Employees were cheerful which is a good sign.

8. Around 50% speakers looked like paid ones :slight_smile:

9. One investor (real) suggested buy back. :slight_smile:

10. Another investor (real) was asking a HNI to buy large quantities so that it will help bank :slight_smile:

Disclosure: Invested so views are biased

6 Likes

What was the outcome of egm guys…what is way ahead…did they indicate anything about fund raising…or anything about when the results will be out?..its already feb 8 and results date is also not announced.