Yes bank

The more recent report would be much more informative.

The author’s thesis seems to be that Yes Bank’s NPAs were less than peers, so something is up. Nothing in the 2015 report came to pass - steel, power and construction are not the issues presently; JayPee, Essar, GMR also are also not (yet) the source of problems. I think it is erroneous to believe that Yes Bank’s current issues are of the same nature of ICICI Bank’s and Axis Bank’s several years ago.

Given that the RBI gave the bank a ‘clean chit’ upto FY2018, the stressed asset book comprises mostly of companies affected by the events of FY2019. Sure there may be some previously evergreened accounts that are now showing stress, but I wouldn’t bet on these.

People generally get united to oppose /fight something. Why is the board getting united? What is the threat?

Hardly, people get united to progress or do something good.

Former RBI Deputy governor is also attending their board meetings so if really something very serious issues can’t he complaint to RBI immediately ??

6 Likes
1 Like

Indian promoters keep teaching new lessons every day. But we need to stop learning the hard way and start learning from other people mistakes or we can never be ahead of the game in India. It’s very hard to unlearn bad habits but I am staying away from questionable management in the name of diversification. It’s much better to have 10 stocks than to have 15 with an Yes Bank and Indiabulls in the portfolio!

5 Likes

Indiabulls housing fin releases pledged shares (with Yes Bank) worth more than 500 crore. Will it have any material impact on share price or NPA situation of Yes Bank?

I think yesbank got much needed capital I guess before the huge capital raising which they announced

2 Likes

Shares would have been pledged to borrow money from bank, so release of pledge wouldnt mean that borrowed money has come back? Also, the document filed to exchange, image of which I posted earlier, mentions that release is resulted after full payment of loan.

Whether Bank lends to NBFC or NBFC lends to a Bank everyone knows in this forum. Post clearly mentioned IndiaBulls promoter entity repaid said loans fully and hence pledged was released. People spreading rumors shouldn’t be in this forum. Moderators should note.

3 Likes

The bet is only on Ravneeth assuming he walks the talk( No more NPA’s apart from 10K CR in the watch list, 1B$ capital raising plan intact and hoping this happens in next few weeks, ROA target of 1% which has fallen to 0.5% from 1.6% ). on the downside if the slide continues by 30 to 50% from here on, Yes could be a sure shot acquisition candidate.

1 Like

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought the opposite.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Nirmal Bang(detailed report at trendlyne): Whats not to like now:

2 Likes

page not found…can you pls attach the same?

This is the report which Raman Tiwari posted above
Nirmal Bang Report

Hello @deevee, @Yogesh_s

I think both of you are invested in Yes Bank and hence have studied this company in detail. I would like to seek your opinion about this stock. Is the damage more structural in nature due to promoter issues and dodgy lending practices or you feel with new leadership in place, it can be overcome…

I respect your knowledge in this area and hence would love to hear back from you

Discl - invested in last 2 months

As per above slide, 20k cr has taken place of 10kcr!!!

1 Like

Sorry to take the liberty of jumping in but ultimately its the PE investors putting in fresh money who will decide the near term fate of this stock. Anyone putting in half of a billion to one billion will do a thorough due diligence. I see no other trigger for the stock for now. Also given that the last QIP happened at 300 per share about 2 years back, the current QIP should happen at a minimum of 150 if not more.

20K is the sub-investment grade book. 10K is the watch-list out of that. Not every loan out of the 20K book is on the watch-list. Nothing has changed

1 Like