Where to Find Annual Report of Companies?

Like Charlie Munger , Warren Buffet Business Partner Says,

“If you get interested in a company and you read the annual report, believe me, you will have done more than 98% of the people in the stock market,And if you read the notes and schedules accompanying the financial statements in the annual report, you will have done more than 99% of the people in the stock market”.

My simple question is ,

Where I can find Annual Report of Company ??

I had tried &succeededmost of time finding Annual report of company on their official website , sometime on BSE / NSE official webpage ,

But its great difficulty to find Annual Report of MAYUR UNIQUOTERS All last five years, MAZDA Annual report of 2011-2012, & MANJUSHREE TECHNOPACK LTD Annual report of 2011-2012.

Views invited for trusted and free source of Annual Report of companies who don’t publish on their official webpage.

Regards,

KIRAN.

On the BSE website, search for the company name. On the “Filling & Other Info” tab, you should be able to find the latest Annual reports of the company.

market,And &succeededmost

Dear Atul ,

Thanks for your input but already mention in question itself , I had already taken pain of browsing BSE/NSE website to find annual report but they don’t have latest Annual Report of 2011-2012 companies likeMAYUR UNIQUOTERS , MAZDA & MANJUSHREE TECHNOPACK LTD.

As these companies widely discussed in valuepickr. I am keen to find its free cash flow from latest annual report so that it will help in DCF calculations to find outIntrinsic Value .

Regards,

KIRAN.

On the BSE website, search for the company name. On the “Filling & Other Info” tab, you should be able to find the latest Annual reports of the company.

market,And &succeededmost

Regards,

KIRAN.

Hi Kiran & others interested,

I have uploaded Mayur ARs from 2003 to 2009 at ValuePickr shared workspace at www.acrobat.com.

Also can selectively upload for other companies.

Kiran - you should be sent an invite shortly. Pls follow instructions to access.

Any Others interested - Please send a mail to editor at ValuePickr dot com for invites.

-Donald

Dear Donald ,

I got invitation of acrobat & downloaded ARs of Mayur from 2003 to 2009. Today I noticed

BSE also uploaded 2012 annual report in filling & other info of stock reach, link for the same is follow,

http://beta.bseindia.com/bseplus/StockReach/StockQuote/Equity/Mayur%20Uniquoters%20Ltd/MAYURUN/522249/Textiles Link: http://beta.bseindia.com/bseplus/StockReach/StockQuote/Equity/Mayur%20Uniquoters%20Ltd/MAYURUN/522249/Textiles

& have 2010 & 2011 annual report also .

Donald thanks for such wonderful effort , keep doing good work.

Regards,

KIRAN .

But its great difficulty to find Annual Report of MAYUR UNIQUOTERS All last five years, MAZDA Annual report of 2011-2012, & MANJUSHREE TECHNOPACK LTD Annual report of 2011-2012.

Views invited for trusted and free source of Annual Report of companies who don’t publish on their official webpage.

Regards,

KIRAN.

Regarding the opportunity size, I have a basic question for quite some time now. Getting the opportunity size, the growth rate in the industry and other industry specific statistics is some information, I am struggling to find. Other than some basic information available in the ARs of the company (Might not always be the case. La-opala eg.) and some googling, I couldn’t find some reliable source of this information.

Will appreciate if seniors can share some pointers and how they have solved this issue.

Thanks,

Atul

Hi Atul,

The best sources are from trade/industry bodies. Some of these industry bodies are prompt in collating and publishing even monthly figures. The best example is perhaps SIAM - Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers. You get every category details 2 wheelers, 3wheelers, LCVs, etc etc.

Obviously not every industry is as proactive or needs to be as SIAM. But mostly you are able to get some details from these industry bodies and their publications.

But most times it doesn’t really need absolute figures - it needs us to think about the opportunity more clearly; how often do we see these products used, does every household/individual need to use these products (if that’s the case, its one of those businesses where we can get a better handle on, unlike say chemical oligopolies like Vinati’s ATBS or Balaji’s NMP just to cite the difference in scale); what are the competing technologies here…and they give us a rough size of one opportunity versus another. Among our kind of companies it must be very clear that someone supplying artificial leather to Automotive seat assemblers, footwear and furnishers may have a large size of market. And similarly somebody manufacturing PVC/CPVC plumbing pipes/systems should also have a very big market size

You can search for industry bodies (global, or US market) that will have some data, you can search for the biggest companies in the space and look at their data/investor presentations; You can set google alerts; you can read trade magazines, interviews of Management;;;

point is, if you are focused about getting more educated on the industry issues, competitors, size, entry barriers, etc - and go about this with dedication - in today’s information age, sooner or later you will get enough references to details, if not the details itself.

and then you need to evaluate other things like the competitive ability, drive and ambition, stated goals, ability to fund the growth by conservative means, etc, etc, etc.