Welcome to ValuePickr Investing Forums

I just joined. Read your query. Very APT. Generally it is seen people talking about multi-baggers WHEN THEY HAD already BAGGED!!
Retrospection no good.
By the way, have you received any response to your query as yet!?

1 Like

Without getting being philosophical let me try to help you if I can. My attempt to answer is around your query…

It’s not necessary who writes good are good investors, some are and some don’t make the cut. People write well because they like to, they associate pleasure with act of writing. A great example is a number of Trading Coaches have educated billionaire traders but seldom traded by themselves. It doesn’t mean they cant trade, it’s just they love to coach.

Being an investment entrepreneur as you have put across also to do with an act where you derive pleasure, very little to do with financial security and future. Same way millions and billions end up having full time employment career enjoying their jobs and life. They never became Buffett! Had they jumped to act of investment dreamt of becoming Buffett would have actually backfired. In reality Warren Buffett (not the person alone) is a culmination of sequential acts with single minded objective. Imagine a 10 year old Buffett was picking up race tickets to see in case they are not expired. Had he not been 72 Billion worth today, he would have been doing something similar to speculation, investing or associate acts what is he doing now.

Coming back to your financial security question depends a lot on your lifestyle than income. Most scandalous bankruptcy happened due to lavishing lifestyle than income.

To summarise yes you can dream of becoming an investor (full time) anytime anywhere. But make sure you love the work of investment. Money or financial security is outcome of plan, not a plan to achieve objective.

But again loving and doing an act of investment is a significant step which requires enormous self less efforts. It’s not necessary for everyone to achieve financial security through investing.

7 Likes

I would suggest you to read the book “The Richest Man in Babylon”.

1 Like

That is a wonderful idea. every post accompanied by the mr market price at that moment or of the opening price, trading range and closing price for the day. If possible it should also be able to keep up with splits, bonuses and if possible dividends.
@admins @Donald @hitesh2710 @ayushmit. This will take the product where it becomes comprehensive and then we can all contribute to make it better from there. A one stop shop for “all info” and then no need to browse 5 places to complete the pieces of each puzzle.
Also, a voluntary financial contribution to make this more fair, people who can contribute, use the contribute option; for others, not even a pressure to contribute. A wikipedia type sincere effort for those can support it.

Thank you. Its an excellent forum.

Ahhh… A fantastic learning forum. Thanks to the team

Thank you. It’s a nice compilation of information. Thanks to the team.

Hi. First of all, thank you all for adding me to this amazing forum. I will try to contribute as much as possible and share my knowledge & experience. Thank you!

1 Like

Abhishek ji…welcome
do you recognized me ?

1 Like

Yes. Hello Rama Murthy Sir.

Moderators.
Is startimg a new thread on a stock allowed when there is another thread already?
I want to present orient bell with a new approach and the current thread is old and is inactive with mo updated info…

Hi Admin,
I am trying to login to site but when I click on signin button on upper left corner…I always get database connection error.

Is there anything changed? Or any other way to login.

Not sure what I am missing on this. Are there any other member faced the same problem?

Thanks
Milind

Thanks for adding me to the forum. This seems to be a great place to learn.

If i understood correctly what you mean; i think you would like to invest in share markets and are asking can people with limited resources (salaries) do it?? One was is to invest larger chunks of money into strong fundamental stocks for long periods (10-15). 2nd way; which most people with either limited market knowledge or lack of time to devote to markets use is a MF (mutual fund route) via monthly SIP(systematic investment plan). Or you can identify good stocks (5-8) (members on VP are more than well equipped to help you out with that). do your own SIP. i.e, do not depend on MF route and identify your own stocks. Then put whatever amount/month that is comfortable for you each month into those stocks distributing equal amount to each stock. Say 10k allotment for SIP can be divided at 2k for 5 stocks. Continuing this will ensure wealth creation. Please note it will depend on your age also and how much can be put as SIP each month. you can use following link to play around with numbers to calculate. Starting SIP at an early age with lesser amount per month is advisable. As age catches up, so does need to amplify monthly amount

https://sipcalculator.in/

Hey all, thank you for adding me to the forum, will try and share my knowledge here.

Hi All,

Just wondering, anyone in this forum in usa or dallas? just curious to know about others.
I am in dallas.

Regards,
Milind

please any one from moderator. i want to change my email from vsnl in my profile. vsnl has closed email services.
i didnt find any link to edit email in my profile in my valuepicker login
thanks

Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum, thank you moderators for the permit to log in this platform. Thanks for the information.

Thanks

Thanks for inviting me to this forum. Looking forward to learning from here and contributing back.

1 Like

I need help pl. For last few days I have not been getting any mail of new posting in my e mail. This has happened for the first time in last 5 years. Pl advise what can I do to get the mails. Thanks