Was my order executed at wrong price by broker?

Very informative. I generally buy my stock after market hours to save my self from some emotional setbacks. Good to know the way closing price is calculated…

Sorry to put this question in this thread but somehow it is related to wrong execution so I am taking liberty to add here. Admin please let me know if i need to ask this question somewhere else, I would do it.
So question is something like this:-
The market is in lower circuit. There is heavy selling at lower circuit price. I put the sell market-order for 1000 stocks. After sometime it got partially executed (lets say 300 out of 1000). But then I noticed that for rest of the day my order is not further executed. But trading did happen at low circuit price as I could see volume increasing. How is this possible that other people order is executing and mine is stuck. Once my order started executing to it is definitely in top of time-price priority queue. How can other order take precedence. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

Did you set the order to disclose complete quantity? I have noticed that setting disclosed quantity lower makes the undisclosed quantity to join the queue in the end once your disclosed quantity is executed.

3 Likes

Looks like it could be the possible reason. thanks for your reply.