Vivek Gautam Portfolio

Lockin of anchor investors of Gland pharma recently got over on 17 Dec 20 .

So may have corrected anticipating possible selling by some anchor investors. giving opp to add with 3-5 year POV…

Next triggers could be coming qtr results.

Gland shud benefit from global shortage of injectibles, reasonable valns n superb compliance track record,imminent entry in lucrative China mkt under growth hungry and good executioner Fosun the Chinese giant.

DISCL-INVESTED

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 24 hours.

Good article though paid on Gland pharma in Outlook Business.

Gland pharma mgmt also meeting some reputed fund houses like FT,Axis AMC,Aarohi, Stewart capital,First principles, Ambit recently. A positive sign.

FPI limit also nearing 74% max limit for FPIs as per NSDL redflag which may lead to rush of FPIs buying.

2 Likes

Guys, let us avoid personal boasting/blaming game and stick to sharing & learning.

18 Likes

Gland pharma interview.

Anyone tracking Bector food listing tomorrow ? Havent studied it much .Enclish oven brand is good among breads . sector too seems to be good.

need to double homework for Punjab based cos which I haventt done.

How is mktcap vs opp size

Views invited

1 Like

Company tried to IPO in 2015. Gave strong guidance of sales by 2020. When you see IPO prospectus you see it has missed numbers by 25%. The company will deliver slow growth sub 10% over next 3 years.

4 Likes

thanks varun for asking this question about ipo pre open and bigger thanks to vivek for replying about pre open

i myself was unaware about ipo pre open process

your reply helped me a lot in bector listing today
once again sincere thanks. i managed to get it at 500

your swashbuckling style of (ears to the ground, go big, look at growth hungry promoters) investing is top class in my opinion!!

Also do you have an view on the renewables sector especially borosil renewables
stock seems to be on a tear

Disclaimer : i am invested in borosil renewables

2 Likes

Great to know that u n other VPers too may have benefited from buying in pre open.

Whats your view on Bector ? 500 seems a good entry price. Tks to ample liquidity it zoomed to 600 soon.

Run up seems quite sharp but need to watch coming qtr results closely.If its able to show the same growth as shown in H1 it may move to next orbit.

bector was more of a trading bet for me.
i have exited it.

needed your view about renewable sector and borosil renewables in particular?

my view is borosil promoters seem decent
and solar glass manufacturing might be benefited in the same way in the next 5 years similar to electronic contract manufacturers like dixon due to favourable govt policies

Disclaimer : i am invested in borosil renewables, this is not investment advice and i am not a sebi registered advisor.

2 Likes

A good interview. are we moving to a giant bubble?

2 Likes
1 Like

An old but precious interview of RJ on his trading strategies. He reveals that all capital he has made with an initial capital of 1 lac rs.only.

2 Likes

A good interview

3 Likes

A insightful and pleasant discussion on learning of life and not on stocks in specifics

Harish Bhat an outstanding personality. Wish had heard or read him more n invested in Titan

5 Likes

Huge wealth creation by Laurus albeit with time lag

Best money is made in 4th & 5th year of investing so lot of patience needed .

Bet on promoter who is a technocrat first generation with growth mindset and in a sector where opp size keeps on increasing also helps.

But return comes when tailwinds re appear for sector like it did in Pharma in 2020 after 4-5 years.

Next few years look good for Laurus as operating leverage plays out and sector tailwinds also remains strong.
Discl- Invested .

8 Likes

A good discussion

This is an incorrect inference.RJ said that while trading his personal capital is only 1 lk,rest all is leverage.Regarding initial capital,he started with 5k but got great help from clients of his CA brother. They lent him huge sum of money at high rates which RJ was able to make via trading much before they were due and thus was able to pocket the excess profits for himself.

4 Likes

Hi Vivek and all

Could you help me on the below query ?

IPO - It is hard to get the allotment if it is oversubscribed. What is the strategy one should take to buy on the listing day ?

Another one - there is a stock that one is tracking and one fine day decided to enter based on a positive news, for sure one knows it is going to open very high, place (AMO) After market order with 5% more than the previous days closing price . Is this the right approach ? In this approach can I place more than one AMO order with different price range ? My cash margin will allow ? ( I am using zerodha and I can place only cash - delivery orders only )

Many Thanks
Rafi

1 Like