Virinchi... A bet not to be missed

I have been invested in Virinchi because it seemed to hold value amongst the Ambit capit picks of coffee can investing

I revisited my decision just now pondering on whether to average down my buying price or exit.

This link here helped me gather wits as to why virinchi is no longer a wise bet

Manan,

If you do basic checks around cashflows and jugglery with subsidiary, you will understand the story. Subsidiary financials can be obtained from RoC and that will give you full picture. All the best.

2 Likes

Request you to please share your findings as your comment is very high-level. This will help all investors.

Please DM me, some grey areas canā€™t be discussed in public forum unless factually verified. Hope you understand.

1 Like

Virnchi offering first UPI based credit card.for this they have tie up with RBL Bank and product name is vcard.they are promoting this product online below is the link. Dont understand why IT company diversified to Hospital.

Disclaimer - Holding few shares

Appreciate your candor and frankness. Hopefully exit opportunity coming soon

1 Like

Virinchi has raised 525cr capital through convertible warrants to strategic investors at an issue price of 150. This, when the current market cap is 537cr and CMP is 142.
Management has so far not released any capex plans but my guess is that they might expand the hospital business to outside Hyderabad.

Just noticed Virinchi is on the radar again and want to warn new investors about this stock. As a novice, Iā€™d invested heavily based on the hospitals story and ended up burning my fingers badly. This is an extremely shady/fraudulent company with continuous promoter dilution, dressed up numbers and weak management. I exited at a loss a while back and wouldnā€™t touch it with a barge pole - sharing some notes from calls I had with their ex employees who are IIM grads - these helped me make up my mind to book my losses.

The recent announcement of 525 cr warrant issuance to unknown entities is exactly what Virinchi and other junk caps did in the 2017 small cap bubbleā€¦ Spin a story and announce warrants at significant premium to current price, Retail jumps in, money never really comes in, and insiders exit at the top. Look at the equity history of Virinchi and you will see that promoters have issued warrants to themselves every year with no clear use of funds, never bought a single share from the market even when it fell to sub 20 levels, and sold in the market when it suited them.

Re their hospitals business, it has been banned multiple times from treating Covid patients for medical negligence, surplus billing etc.

disc. No position

14 Likes

Thanks for the caution. Was going to research given that the money they are raising is almost equal to be current market cap and got me interested.

2 Likes

Echo the same sentiments. Request newbies to stay away from this company.

I met the management multiple times when I was invested. They are always nice and answer the questions but no improvement translates to results.

A lesson in opportunity cost.

2 Likes