Vikas Ecotech - Chemical Company

Gaurav,
They are definitely importing some of the Chemical compounds with niche players around the world with whom they have contacts. No need to get clarity here.

Their other 2 plants are definitely existent. What do they do in these plants needs to be investigated?

One thing that is strange is that the receivables/sales is typically around 1/6 for major chemical companies. If Vikas Ecotech has such a wide client base (50% export business included), it is not clear if all of them can delay payments to the order of 4.5 months concurrently.

We would have to understand the following w.r.t their operations:

1. When do they declare a sales as done? After the order is received or after the shipment of products?
  2. What is the typical payment cycle for variety of products
  3. Is the delayed payments concentrated over a single customer/Single product or is it happening for all products. With 45% in Trade receivables, it is unclear how all of the products will have such inordinate delays.
  4. Something is amiss that is making both the local and international procurers to delay payments.
  5. Quick glance of the balance sheet of Havells/Liberty shows that they do not keep a lot of “Trade Payables” outstanding
  6. Does Vikas Eco get paid only when products are disposed off the shelf by customers or immediately after shipment?
  7. Is there any agreement to take back unused products from the customers?

If you or Ashish can get these answered while calling up the folks or during concalls, it would put a lot of doubts behind us.

1 Like

This is from Annual report 2015

[quote=“anand_paxonet, post:21, topic:5549”]
They are definitely importing some of the Chemical compounds with niche players around the world with whom they have contacts. No need to get clarity here.
[/quote]

You are right. I missed the following in the annual report.

Looks like Vikas Eco has gotten used to living with high debtors historically

1 Like

Hey Anand and Guarav, I am new to this forum and I have been following this company for a while… the details shared by you are great. My two cents to add on the discussion so far;

About the question of missing plants, it seems that additional two plants are mentioned in the AR2015.

There is also a more descriptive mention of the two plants is also mentioned on Page 17

I also called them to check when FY16 Annual reports will be out and it seems that it would be in 1st week of September.

Disc: Invested to take a tracking position.

2 Likes

Lot of bulk deals have happened in the last few days in this company. Couple of those seem to be interesting;

• Mr. Jayant Chheda, promoter of Prince Pipes and Fittings(one of the clients of Vikas Ecotech) recently acquired 2.5% equity (about 63 lacs).
  • Lakheni Investements (which seems to be connected to the promoters of Navneet Publication) has picked up about 50 Lac shares of the Company.
3 Likes

Some updates after talking to investor relationship team in Vikas Eco:

1. The two plants in Delhi and Uttarakhand are no longer operational. They have been consolidated into Shahjanpur plant
  2. Receivables issue:
    a) Company has added a majority of customers in the last 1-1.5 years. Most of them having business with Vikas Eco first time around, wanted extended payment cycles.
    b) They have a agreed upon 60 days with most customers but since the relationship is new, delays are being accepted
    c) With top ranked customers like Liberty, supreme, Havells management expects the payment cycles to be on time in the future.
    d) Expectation from the management is to have stringent payment cycles of 60 days in 3-4 quarters
    e) Almost zero bad-debts reported in the past. This gives a better indication of the realization rates.
1 Like

Even tough the companies product are in great demand. Any reasons for the Decrease in manufacturing revenue QOQ from 86 Crores to 72 Crores

I would believe that this may be due to re-balancing of inventory. Usually Q4 and Q1’s are the toughest ones to compare due to inventory disposals.

Overall mgmt expects 80-20 in terms of revenues from manufacturing/trading. Since trading carries almost negligible profits, most of the EPS will be reflected by the flow of revenues from manufacturing.

Again i may be wrong, but these are probably fair enough inventory management assumptions and they are not going to be similar over every quarter.

2 Likes

Vikas ecotech has entered into a long term agreement with Prince Pipes for providing raw materials. Also, both companies would be joining hands in research for future applications and solutions.
This agreement would result into 15-20 Cr of revenues in FY 17 and would also ensure sustained business in future.
http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/768E0FEA_531C_4923_87A8_43D420FCBC39_151248.pdf

Note that Mr. Jayant Chheda of Prince pipes recently acquired around 2.5% stake in Vikas Ecotech.

1 Like

The following two screenshots from the annual report of 2015 will put to rest doubt regarding the two missing plants.

But I am surprised by the response of company given to @anand_paxonet

1 Like

Sorry. I am unable to comprehend your statement here. Are you saying that the plants are sold out.
Layman’s language explanation please :blush:

1. No increase in gross block between FY14 & FY15. Erection of two plants will lead to increase in gross block.

2. List of mortgaged properties has no mention of Delhi & Uttrakhand property. Why so?

3. What happened to land of plants at Delhi & Uttarakand? Have they sold it?

You can probably say that both these people (Prince Pipes and Navneet) are people ‘acting in concert’. Since it is a customer who has picked up the shares, one must consider if this is some kind of ‘funding’ deal for the Co.

BOB initiates coverage on Vikas Ecotech.

https://www.bobcapitalmarkets.com/getreport.asp?id=182

2 Likes

Great coverage…thanks for the document…I hold the stock

Detailed analysis… Thanks for sharing @anand_paxonet

This is really helpful. I have better conviction in Vikas Ecotech now. Thanks for the share!

Certain observations

1. The company’s debt is more than its equity(Risk is high) . Most of the debt is short term in nature. However the company has very little cash balance . If the company is asked to pay it’s short term debt, How will they do that ?

2. The net profit margin Is around 9%. To meet the working capital requirement which is around 29 crores, more debt will be required.

3. The raw material cost is almost 75 -80% of the total revenue.

4. The company’s growth is totally attached to their flagship product organotins. However the sales of this product was 50 % of the total current capacity.

5. The receivable days are very high , which is not helping the company.

3 Likes

I could find at least one company which manufacture organo tin stabilizers contrary to BoB report

Gaurav,
Are you sure if VEL was talking about Tin stabilizers?

Next Interesting read from “Unusual Billionaires”. Asian Paints in the early 1970’s had an issue of High receivables and had to take Short term borrowings for working capital requirements. Someone figured out an ingenious idea of incentivizing the customers with a discount of upto 3.5% if they made payments on time. With this the working capital requirements came down, interest outgo went down and Balance sheet started appearing more healthy. Quite intelligent and way too simple.

Not sure how difficult this is to implement in the case of VEL also. Some food for thought.

4 Likes