Vedant Fashions (Manyavar) - Niche Branded Retail

By top 5 franchisees does it mean top 5 stores or greater number of stores under those top 5 franchisees? I think it’s a huge difference between both….

I have been interested in this company, one small observation…saw some of Manyavar apparel’s I think in Pantaloon or similar MBO and utterly disappointed by the shelf space, positioning within the store and quality of apparel’s placed there….felt the brand was hugely depressed by that presence….making me not wanting to pay huge premium for the stock valuation….

Could it be desperation to grow by accepting such merchandise placement?

Regarding competition…not sure what exactly RIL is planning by buying so many brands….maybe they will eventually launch a brand of such brands to house all ethnic offerings….Tata also in there now via Utsaa etc.
Personally Soch seems very strong brand and products in women ethnic.
Winning in women ethnic must be closely watched and I strongly feel a new leader will emerge in that space with Tata having strong background via Tanishq and now Utsaa….

Disc. Strongly interested. No position yet. Post only for academic purposes and I can be wrong in all my assessments.

2 Likes