ValueQuest moat fund portfolio

Can you please provide the source of his exit from vaibhav global

Check the latest AR. He’s not in the top 10 investors. (And now the list includes anyone below 1% holding too). He could be holding a tiny part. That we would not get to know of course.

When did VQ Moat Fund ever appear in the shareholding pattern filing to suggest that they have sold it off now? I searched since June 2014. Their name does not appear in any of them.

So their holding had always been something under the radar and never got published in official filings.

You are probably right. Its just that before this year’s new mandate, investors below 1% were never mentioned. But now they are.
So, your search in June 2014 wouldn’t have offered any results even if he held say 1 share less than 1%. But with the new rules (someone with even 0.6% can also be mentioned now, as long as you are in the top 10).
Which is why I said ‘mostly out of vaibhav’. No one can be 100% sure. Either ways. Unless you have invested in valuequest

VQM owns 0.78 % of accelya kale - saw it in AR - built the position during FY 2015. I hold and am bullish too on it

4 Likes

Exited from Wonderla Holidays and entered Narayana Hrudayalaya ?

1 Like

Exited Poddar developers as per latest bulk deal.

What is the latest portfolio status of Prof. Sanjay Bakshi’s fund? Also can anyone suggest a credible online source where I can check the updates that is atleast 3-6 months current? Thanks

Portfolio of Valuequest at the end of September 2018.

3 Likes

Portfolio of Valuequest where they hold more than 1% shareholding, at the end of September 2018.

Thank you @inxs_22in and @bhaskarjain.

I’m aware of the 1%+ shareholding public info limitation. Sanjay Bakshi has got Kitex wrong. So I’ll not be blindly following him but will be using it as a good starting point for further research.

BTW, is there a way or a best practice that can be used to monitor celebrity fund managers and investment funds?

Currently I track them using http://www.moneynext.in/ which sums up the big deals of the day via email.

Thanks again for sharing.

Try Stock Edge app…Its amazing…u can get all the stocks of all the celebrity investors at one place.

Looks promising @siyaram7. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi. Even I had a look into the company and the product seems to be interesting which is difficult to replicate. However I am not getting the visibility on growth because I have not seen them launching new products which can increase the topline . Any thoughts on this ?

check https://www.bajaar.me and https://phreakonomics.in/

1 Like

Thank you for this @MHS!

The type of VQ Moat fund given on SEC filing website is “pooled investment hedge fund”. Is VQ moat fund a discretionary type PMS ? PMS experts please confirm

1.Discretionary PMS – Where the investment is at discretion of the fund manager & client has no intervention in the investment process.

1. Non-Discretionary PMS – Under this service, the portfolio manager only suggests the investment ideas. The choice as well as the timings of the investment decisions rest solely with the investor. However the execution of the trade is done by the portfolio manager.
1 Like

In the Ashoka university lecture professor Bakshi beautifully explained Bayes theorem and how posterior odds could be impacted with new information. He gave example of how odds changed in 9/11 terror attacks one aircraft after the other. He showed a video of Julia Galef and she does a wonderful job of explaining it too with examples. Prof gave example of a company in which he was invested and he didnt name the company or the promoter, but he did mention that the promoter inducted his wife as a board of director with no related qualification and promised to Prof that there was no compensation, she is retired lady etc etc. But later after a couple of years the wife started getting compensation. This act impacted his posterior odds and Prof exited the company immediately as it turned out to be a lie. Checked some of his past holdings where a retired lady is on the board. Could it be Vaibhav Global.? . I could be wrong though. Just sharing my correlation.
Disc : No position, not tracking

The lady is promoter’s mother and doesn’t get a salary. Being a non-exec dir she gets about 3 lacs fees.

Rgds
RR

My guess is Poddar Housing

2 Likes