Thyrocare : Debt free Asset Light Healthcare Play

I like to think in simple terms. I have trust in this new management - Sidharth Shah has articulated clearly why they chose thyrocare - pan-India reach, lowest cost operator, technologically advanced etc. Thyrocare fits perfectly in their business model - online consultations, online pharmacy, online test ordering. The only thing missing is radiology - may be they are in the lookout for radiology business.

PE investors invested are most likely not calling the shots - the 4-5 Gujju youngsters are surely in charge and backed by the money from PE investors. Dr V also has done the same by investing in them - he was sure and confident of their ability…

I am very optimistic that thyrocare business will grow even faster via pharmeasy and this should drive the share price growth.

Thyrocare is 1/4 of pharmeasy - 1 billion out of 4 billion valuation. It is in their interest that Thyrocare does well - if thyrocare performs poorly in the future who will be blamed?? I think one needs to think from an owners angle.

I am excited about their next phase under the new management - the new management will surely look at the mistakes made in the past (Nueclear). The board also will change for good I hope - previously it was all Dr V show. Board directors were paid peanuts…

Discl - very biased

7 Likes

Dr V has invested in private equity venture.
New mob will take this company private via an open offer at par or higher than what was offered to Dr. V.
Thats what I think.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Very interesting discussion. I see most of the discussion is centered around the financial aspect of the deal but nothing much on the technology aspect.I’m a novice investor but have some experience in working with data and I feel the most important aspect here is that Pharmaeasy would now have access to 360 degree view of a patient. Imagine you had access to the prescription data, medicine buying behavior data of a patient and now you get access to diagnostics data over time (longitudinal data). This opens up new possibilities in terms of application of AI/ML or even monetizing this data in other different ways.

I’m sure the Pharmaeasy team has considered this apart from the obvious synergies of the two businesses. I read some interevew of Siddharth Shah where he mentioned “digitization” of the healthcare ecosystem. Obviously this won’t happen overnight and would take some time. There are of course risks like those mentioned above but to me this merger signals exciting times ahead.

Discl: No position but actively considering.

4 Likes

Indeed the times would be exciting & digitization theme, the above discussion is more on benefits of those progress to Thyrocare shareholders, if at all…benefits to Pharmeasy shareholders is certain though.
Disc: Tracking position. Added in last 30 days as well near Open offer price

1 Like

Anyone aware of latest on open offer and delisting plans? There is no further relevant information I could see or find in this aspect over last week… thanks

2 Likes

I have a very basic question. I have never participated in any open offer. Can someone pls tell me how to do that through our DP? I see no place for Open offer…all I see is OFS and Buybacks…would Open offer come under Buy backs?
Also, currently Thyrocare Open offer is not visible anywhere in my DP…
When will it open and be visible & where will it be visible? Is there any eligibility criteria?

Not that I have decided to tender shares in open offer but thought need to know in case I decide…Thanks

1 Like

Read this:

all details mentioned

4 Likes
1 Like

excellent growth QoQ

1 Like
5 Likes

Thyrocare - Details of Share Acquisition under Open Offer.pdf (190.2 KB)

5.07% of share acquisition from the open offer which ended on 24th August 2021, means that the new promoters will hold approx. 72% of Thyrocare.

With Pharmeasy gearing up for their IPO this fiscal, it would be interesting to see how things play out from here.

Disc: Invested.

1 Like

Hi, During the open offer I checked my DP online website where I hold thyrocare and could not see any place where this open offer was visible…neither in buyback section nor OFS/IPO etc. and there is no dedicated open offer section. (Maybe I dont know where exactly to look)
Can someone let me know where exactly is usually open offers visible for tendering in online brokers/DPs? OR where, under which section you could see in your respective brokers/DP this open offer? Thanks

1 Like

This is the reply I received from Zerodha support:

This e-voting is just to know the decision of all the shareholders, for takeover you will have to later come back to us to place the order. This e-voting is only to check the assent of the shareholders.

1 Like

Interesting Numbers
Does the report say… number of shares wanted to acquire 1,37,55,077 and Actually acquired 26,83,093?
If yes, what happens now?

2 Likes

Pharmeasy seems to be going full steam ahead of its IPO. It has purchased Aknamed a cloud based hospital supply chain management start up, for $180 - $190 Mn.

Interestingly, this deal involves very less cash and all founders of Aknamed will get shares in API holdings, the parent company of Pharmeasy.

Any expert opinion on what could be the likely road ahead for Thyrocare, in light of recent developments?

Thanks

1 Like

New promoters have pledged 66% of their stake to various banks/financial institutions. Interesting…
I am not worried and I am continuing to accumulate

Disc - hold a significant parcel and accumulating since IPO

1 Like

Buyback is over already.