Thyrocare : Debt free Asset Light Healthcare Play

He offered to buy it for Rs 194 crores. Your statement of Rs 400 crores is wrong and misleading. Please post accurate figures

1 Like

I have gone through the annual report again.
The actual tax paid in % of PBT is 38.33% in 2019 and 36.11% in 2018.
The figures and there in the AR - please do read it.

Yup i got it wrong it is 194 crore but my message was different anyways i guess you didn’t got it …

3 articles on diagnostic industry and companies

1 Like

Once again i utilized their arogyam service.

As usual not user friendly… Need to be revamped completely. It didnt applied loyalty bonus also.

Chat service :
Excellent. Promtly responded to queries and also informed about loyalty refund processing.

Blood test day (friday)
The lab technician reached by home in chennai on time. Took the samples needed as per package

Test Report (Saturday)
Received in email with all the profile parameters and numbers.

Overall i didnt have any issues in both times and their service excellent. Their website need to revamped completely.

Note:
1.I also looked at lalpaths and metropolis website but felt their cost to be on higher side for similar profile test… This is my opinion and may be wrong as well.

4 Likes

I had my blood test done through Thyrocare. The sample collection and the reports were all fine. The sample collector said when asked how is the business going on in Delhi, business is quite poor for thyrocare compared to Lalpathlabs and there is a plan to even close down the Regional processing centre in New Friends Colony - Delhi and only have PET Scan at this place and its all to bring the cost down. So if the Delhi RPL gets closed, then all the blood samples will have to be shipped to Mumbai which may result in delay in announcement of test results. I gave the sample on Saturday and received the results by Sunday afternoon

we know that Dr Lalpath labs is quite popular in Delhi but i was surprised to hear the business going down for Thyrocare eventhough the cost is quite less in comparison

2 Likes

I first visited Dr Lal Path labs about 20 years ago at Delhi, Rajiv Chowk. I liked the place. It was for a chronically ill relative at AIIMS. The doctors there and elsewhere, for years, only asked for Dr Lals. It was biochemical marker testing only. For such uses cheapness is not a criteria, just think of Tata Nano.

Kickbacks are a big thing in the medical business. Very very big in India. Thyrocare is in B2B mainly so it does not matter to them. The other end party of the business takes care of the bribes.

They are then a cost player, trying to cater to businesses. No wonder the discounted PE.

The B2C is also sort of covered nowadays by many online players such as Medlife, Netmeds etc. They work as aggregators for many labs offering testing.

1 Like

Rs 415 was the bottom on 31 July - will Thyrocare trade at those levels again? It is a shame that many investors have been shaken out of Thyrocare because of the short term issues (PET CT) and the sliding share price. Thyrocare has disappeared from the portfolios of many investors on this site. Also lot of negative commentary by posters without any real understanding of how this business works.

My only real worry is whether there will be impairment of the PET CT business and if yes bottom line (PAT) will go down, but it will have no effect on the cashflow…

Discl - accumulating since IPO, 24% of my portfolio

3 Likes

Many a times focus remains on price action and not business performance so it’s bound to happen … eventually it’s business performance that will decide the prices of company .
Simple one but very difficult to practice .

Continue to hold and added below 500.

2 Likes

True both sort of bias when price goes up we kind of think everything is going alright in the company even though there may be some fundamental things which might not be right like no other promoter of successful company like maruti hul etc are so active on twitter rather they focus on there business , nobody tries to prove them extra honest and do all sort of thing which occurred in PET Business case

When Price goes down we kind of think these things are forever and price will sooner or later be 50% down from current level and so on and business have lot of competition and might not able to survive which is not correct also

So in both extreme people just put there rational as the price goes down or up and it kind of justified also as we are all human being

Little bit trimmed my position after PET instance still 8% of my portfolio

Thanks

2 Likes

Coming on Twitter or media and being active there also don’t make any one dishonest or honest …
Let’s keep monitoring business performance and management actions wrt minority shareholders.
And competitive intensity.

As business has got good economic characteristics and isn’t big enough to attract large players the way they get interested in other industry with wide scale / market like retail ,Telecom , steel , others

2 Likes

Good Q2 results by Thyrocare! Yet to go through their presentation and con-call.

Good to see enhancement in EBITDA margins. Will hear management’s commentary on what lead to increase in margins and how is the diagnostic industry evolving.

7 Likes

Margins have moved towards higher end of the range, would be good to know specifics around this during the Concall. Thanks.

1 Like

old video Dr Velumani is sharing his journey …

2 Likes

Q2 results declared last week. No conference call transcript or details on researchbytes. Does anyone know if the company has stopped doing it?

Dear Sir,
As far as I know, this quarter Thyrocare Tech will not hold any Earnings Concall.
However if it does, I shall share the details with you over here.

CA Rushabh Sharedalal

Thyrocare should have informed the markets about not holding the earnings concall.
They have indicated that there will be no concalls unless the results are significantly different from the expectations.

No problem in not holding concalls by a company, however what I find weird is that Dr. Velumani is otherwise very active on social media, opining on matters and speaking on various forums.

Dr Velumani has mentioned several times during the concalls that his competitors are using concall information to copy their products and I think this is the major reason why he stopped concalls. Good idea I think.

This is a ridiculous argument I would say. He could still conduct concalls without divulging critical info. Also, are they the market leader for others to copy? It is very revealing to think that competitors won’t get info after his concalls are stopped. He probably thinks his employees are loyal for life or other critical partners won’t reveal information. The tantrums are getting too much here.

9 Likes