The Complete Portfolio - SM

Hello Everyone, I am sharing my portfolio for the first time. I shall be sharing further detailed analysis of XIRR, sector analysis as well on the thread I would request for advise, rationals on my portfolio.

1. Long Term 60% of Total Portfolio
Asian Paints 8.76%
Astral Poly 7.45%
Bajaj Finance
Bajaj Finserv 10.98%
DIVIS LAB 8.89%
HDFC Bank 11.14%
HDFC Life 5.07%
ICICI Lombard 3.32%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 3.77%
Lal Path Labs 8.99%
Nestle 3.68%
Page Industries 7.92%
Pidilite 3.68%
Titan 9.13%
Trent 7.21%
  1. Mid Cap 20% of total Portfolio
Alkyl Amines 9.94%
Cholamandalam 11.07%
Clean Science 8.66%
Garware Technical Fibres 4.19%
HOMEFIRST 1.67%
Larsen & Toubro Tech 6.76%
Mold Tek Pack 14.49%
Nykaa 1.68%
Paushak 4.08%
RAINBOW 3.63%
RHI Magnestia 2.23%
Fine organicS 2.85%
Tata Elxsi (SIP) 25.88%
Cera 2.84%
  1. Wealth@40 - 10% of Total Portfolio
EQUITASBNK 3.79%
Ganesha Ecosphere 7.43%
GLAND 0.82%
IEX 29.52%
KAYNES 4.90%
KEI 2.51%
KPITTECH 3.11%
LAURUSLABS 2.00%
Policybazaar 1.20%
Sona Comstar 19.38%
JASH 5.38%
VBL 3.41%
Paramount 3.53%
  1. Only Small Caps 5% of total Portfolio
ACE 5.35%
Ador Welding 3.17%
Arvind Fashion 4.32%
Borosil 5.48%
Centum Electronice 6.11%
Control Printers 5.66%
Elecon Engineering 3.87%
Good Luck 5.55%
garware hi tech films 4.52%
Gokul Das Exports 3.28%
HBL Power 6.76%
AGI GREEN PACK 4.99%
KDDL Ltd 5.92%
PSP Projects 4.10%
Shivalik 7.22%
Technoe Engin 3.63%
Usha Martin 3.45%
TRIL 5.56%
ICIL 5.00%
Shanti Gear 6.06%
  1. Very Long Term 5% of total Portfolio
AIA Engineering 20.00%
Great Eastern Shipping 18.00%
Supreme Industries 20.00%
Amarraja 18.00%
Voltamp 1.00%
Ratnamani Metals 1.00%
Jyothy Lab 1.00%
BERGER 15.00%
Ahluwalia 10.00%
4 Likes

Sector wise summary

Top themes

Financials - Including NBFCs, Banks
Building Material Theme - Paints, Pipes, Sanitary ware, Construction companies

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 10.36.35 AM

A cursory look at the list suggests it has more than 50+ scrips. How do you track so many? What kind of returns has the PF generated if you can share?

I am relatively new investor - say I am investing for past 3 years with major mistakes of adding stocks like Clean Science at higher valuation. I returns are approx around 18pc CAGR

I track the same with the google sheet - google finance on a weekly basis as I am not full time investor.

Also, my portfolio of small cap (Stocks which are ancillary to PSUs) and very long term portfolio ( primarily Nalanda Stocks) are the entry in last 3 months.

I like staying away from PSUs

A few observations
-ves

1. Too many no. of stocks
  2. Relatively knows stocks. So, the valuations for these cos are expensive relative to the market
    +ves
  3. The allocation to Longterm portfolio is good (60%)
  4. The stocks selected are kind of like Coffee Can stocks. Consistent growth but high valuation

Thanks, Praveen
Intent here is having too many stocks here with keeping in mind the time horizon also in place,

Like in small and mid cap , wealth@40 , portfolio, I keep booking profit and idea is to allocate profits to Nalanda Portfolio which I recently discovered after I read Pulak Prasad’s book. It’s a portfolio for very long term and e ter then only at fair valuation rather than adding more money to Coffee Can Portfolio which is as obscene valuations. However, I have been able to get decent CAGR 22pc as I actively do allocation changes.

But still there are too many stocks. I am slowly trying to reduce them.

Hi Shashank, as Sonacomstar has consistently decreased its shareholding, isn’t it a red flag?

The decrease in promoter holding of Sonacom star is reflecting at FII holding so it seems fine. One of the reason could be addition of stocks in tax free SPV. So, it isn’t a worry.

Exited Homefirst finance, policybazaar, gland, laurus (may enter laurus if it falls to 300 levels), nykaa, rhi magnestia, and Garware technical fibres.

Increased the allocation of Kotak bank considering valuations and TRIL recently.

Entered West Coast Papers again after 3 years. Shouldn’t have exited it. I still feel Bangur family (promoter of West Coast) is managing it extremely well.

Added Bajaj Finance today

Can you share the reason to add this?
What is the percentage of allocation in your portfolio?

Hi @parthiban91

The allocation is approximate mentioned above.

I still feel that it is strong franchise and is going through consolidation because of Jio finance entry.
Just like the large banks, Bajaj Finance has been able to reduce its cost to income ratio (from 45% to 35% over the past decade). However, as a relatively late entrant and with the handicap of not having a readymade customer base, Bajaj did this by creating a cross sell customer franchise which can be sold multiple products over and over again. Additionally, its performance-oriented culture has meant that 90%+ employees are on monthly/ quarterly target oriented variable pay thus linking a large part of costs directly to revenues.

1 Like

Chola looks lucrative at CMP
Exited Nestle
added Narayan Hrudalaya and increased allocation to Rainbow considering a correction in hospital stocks