The Anti-Portfolio

Hi Harsha,

It would clutter that thread, so not right place to have this discussion!

1. I have given up on Avantel, was invested for about 2 years, like I said it can be difficult to grow the business.
  2. KEI I like very much, stopped tracking it coz of covid, which can slow down the use of cables in construction.
  3. Netco - I think you mean Natco, I like pharma, had invested in this one among few others (Alembic, Abbott, Aurobindo, Sun) in 2017-18 but the USFDA was still disrupting the industry then. Not been following it.
  4. Elgi - not much idea.
  5. TCNS Clothing - no clue.

Overall I have not followed the govt policy sector-wise for preferences post-covid, except I know of some incentives to Pharma etc.

Telecom yes, will be hit with anti-China policy for govt orders etc. but already BSNL is complaining that it is useless to give them a bail-out and then kill them again by forcing to buy only from Indian vendors! So, basically in telecom we do not have any company worth talking about, except maybe Tejas, and it is now quite cheap, so downside may be limited, but size of BSNL orders may just keep it alive, this one also has problems growing!

Also, heard about the ban on electrical gear, so power generation/transmission eqpt., but nothing great for this sector which overall has been struggling, some market share maybe saved, that’s all.

All Govt. tenders are avoiding China but there are other competitors for most such orders.
Textiles, no clue!

1 Like