Tata Power Limited

A very informative interview on future growth of Tata power

2 Likes
3 Likes

The shares of Tata Power continue to rally. The stock has risen 13.12% in the last six trading sessions compared with the BSE Sensex’s 1.59% gain. So far this year, the company’s scrip has advanced 220%, while the benchmark jumped 26.21%, according to Bloomberg data. A possible trigger could be the likelihood of the stock being included in the MSCI Standard Index. An Edelweiss report suggests a formal announcement on the inclusion could come on Nov. 12.

The company’s chief executive last week told BloombergQuint that it plans to improve operating profit in the next few quarters through higher tariffs and sustained generation from its power plant at Mundra, among others.

Read more at: Bloomberg

https://liverpoolstudentmedia.com/news/101555/huge-demand-of-rooftop-solar-pv-market-by-2028-with-top-key-players-jinko-solar-tata-power-yingli-green-energy/

rating Upgrade.pdf (72.8 KB)

1 Like

Implications of being a part of MSCI
A brief note from Kotak Securities

And for the current constituents and their respective weights
https://app2.msci.com/eqb/custom_indexes/india_performance.html

3 Likes

2 Likes

PLI scheme limit increases by multifold this will benefit Tata power

2 Likes

Tata Power’s wholly owned Singapore based subsidiary TERPL(Trust Energy Resources Pte Ltd), holds 26% in another Singapore based joint venture RPVPL(Resurgent Power Ventures Pte Ltd.). Balance 74% held by ICICI Power Platform Ltd and Kuwait Inv. Auth. Tata Power had earlier bid for acquiring an under stress power transmission project spread across Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand (NRSS XXXVI Transmission Project) through RPVPL. PTC India Financial Services being the lender for the said under stress project selects RPVPL as the successful bidder. This acquisition shall bring synergies for the Tata Power.

5 Likes

Significant investment

Tata Group to set up 4,000 Mw solar panel manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu - tata: Tata Group to set up 4,000 Mw solar panel manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu, Energy News, ET EnergyWorld

4 Likes

The Electricity Amendment bill 2021 which was earlier going to be introduced in the winter session of parliament, may be not going to be introduced. I tried to search the Bills List but i could not find the Electricity Bill. I think the Govt. has changed its mind.
Any expert @Tar view about what is the status that we are missing.

2 Likes

I think they are holding it back after seeing farmer protest…

Already several opposition parties started demanding not to implement the electricity amendment bill…

To add…the more it gets consumer centric in terms of the Business model, further strengthens its Balance Sheet, the better it will get. Also, think, the Tata group synergies playing out more meaningfully across the group companies seem to be still under-appreciated…

1 Like

To just add to the synergies point - here is a screen grab from a Tata Motors presentation -

I am beginning to think that we are all missing out on something that’s quietly going on within the Tata group.

6 Likes

This was also talked about during the discussion with TPG when they invested. Tata group has been working internally to build the ecosystem needed for EVs.

TATA POWER WINS LARGEST ORDER EVER WORTH 950 CRS
Disc - Invested.

2bc682bf-560d-404e-99bf-c630e1b8601b.pdf (bseindia.com)

2bc682bf-560d-404e-99bf-c630e1b8601b.pdf (186.4 KB)

1 Like