Tar's Portfolio and Information Attic

Kuvera platform uses Vested for US stock investing.

Indmoney and vested helps to invest in US using exactly the same way but indmoney UI is cluttered and they are focusing on lot of things at the same time.
In terms of complaince, they provided the documents and the P&L statement to file ITR and FA schedule at the last moment.

Vested is better as they are focused and their UI is not cluttered. Also they provided those document much earlier for last financial year.

I don’t personally use vested and I am not aware about their charges and other features.

Also, by investing directly in usa and facing a lot of issues for compliance, new money that get invested in US by me is through navi nasdaq 100.

These are the reasons according to me for investing in usa through nasdaq 100(prefably navi acc to my experience) mutual fund

1. You need to file the FA schedule in ITR even if your income is non taxable if you do direct us stocks investing. Even if you did not invest in us stocks in that financial year but you hold stocks in us directly, then you need to declare it every year till you sell it all.
  2. To declare dividend from usa stocks to income tax department, their is totally different method. I don’t invest in dividend paying stocks therefore.
  3. As I have seen, I am not able to beat nasdaq 100 mostly in bull run.
  4. Cleartax and other similar sites don’t support declaring capital gain through direct integration with any of the website like Indmoney or vested. Moreover, they also not support uploading excel of P&L for us stocks. It gets too hectic and repetitive to file ITR. I file my ITR through cleartax.
  5. Investing in nasdaq 100 indian mutual fund is simple and through cleartax direct integration with groww, it gets automatically picked up.
5 Likes

Before restriction on investing in us stocks on indian mutual fund and before its AUM became big I used to invest in us stocks mostly through parag parikh flexi cap due to tax structure and my belief on their management.

Also, if I wanted to invest directly in nasdaq 100, my preferred choice used to be motilal oswal nasdaq 100 fof.

As all the avenues got closed, I found navi nasdaq 100 to have least charges and tracking error. Therefore shifted to it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your elaborate answer. It is helpful.

1 Like

Please make the judgement if you are making any after your own research. I have been doing mistakes as I am little new in the market.

One more reason to consider,
Once I deleted my Indmoney account after investing some money in them and some money was in transfer to the broker(drivewealth) from sbm bank account.
These are the things that happended

1. I was not able to see my us stocks account after login again to indmoney.
  2. Somehow I was able to login into driveweath account but there was no option to buy and sell on drivewealth. Also even after a month my money in transfer was not being shown in drivewealth account. Though I can see my stocks.
  3. It took Indmoney more than 1 month to bring back my account and show the amount in transfer.
  4. All the rewards that they give when opening account got lost and was not retrieved.

I also found we can shift from indmoney to vested by filling the one page form. Our investment will get shifted from indmoney to vested or vice versa if broker is same, here driveweath. Check vested FAQ to know more.

We can also shift non fractional share from one broker like drivewealth to other broker. You need to research more as I never did this.

1 Like

The investment in direct stocks of US companies become LTCG after 2 years but for FoF like MOS and Navi it is 3 years.
Unlike Indian cos where LTCG is 10% and STCG is 15%, for US companies/fof LTCG is 20% with indexation benefits and STCG is taxed at peak income tax slab of the investor.

2 Likes
1 Like

@Tar Do you have any thesis for All cargo?

both of you very nice…

As per today’s announcement, MovieMax now is operational in 35 screens across 12 properties in 6 cities in India.

Latest 4 screen multiplex started functioning today going up from 31 to 35 screens.

Dear @Tar, do you still hold this and how do you view cineline now. It corrected a lot about 30% from July levels and trading around 100 now.

4 Likes

Aggressive expansion continues. As per 14th dec announcement .".With this launch, MovieMax has now augmented its presence in the city of Hyderabad with 7 screens
and with a total of 49 operational screens across 15 properties in 8 cities in India. "

1 Like

Wondering Tar if you get time to explain what this mean?
Source: Page 10 of qtr results of cineline.

Really appreciate your response and Thanks in advance…

The company is making the Hotel Unit a direct subsidiary with these investments so that the proceeds from the Hotel monetization could be used for further expansion.

1 Like

Hi Tariq , r u still holding Cineline. What is ur opinion on dismal quarter after quarter performance of company ?

5 Likes

Meanwhile Cineline is showing signs of base formation and reversal. I had exited in loss and looking to re-enter. microcaps have high volatility and as of now it is 282 crore company. Markets are not bound to go by @Tar s or anybody else’s wish. Occassionally we need to bow down to market.

Just to compare at 120 levels Shivalik Bimetals was liked by many seniors in this forum. Later it corrected to 20 levels when everyone was fearful. Now it is 20 or 25X of the lower price point. So nano/microcap investing we should be willing to stomach volatility, exit on our own if we are not comfortable. This being a voluntary forum no one is at obligation to inform their sale or purchase. Now we don’t see him posting anything for long time. So chill guys.

Disclosure - I am again taken a tracking position of 1% of PF to see if the technical trend reversal sustaining. It can again correct and form double bottom or even go below previous levels. So manage your risk yourself.

Earlier I invested 5% gradually, but started reducing when long term support around 100 (psychological support too) breached and exited below 90. Now took position at an average 90 again. The discussion here brought my attention back to this amidst of so many small/micro/nano caps vying for attention. So thank you folks.

14 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 8 hours.

This slide talking about the monetiztion of the hotel business is missing from the recent investor presentation. Does this point to the management not being interested in monetizing the hotel anymore?

How can we ask these questions to management in absence of concalls? Does shooting a mail to their investor relations team work or is there any other way?