Tanla Platforms ~ Leading player in the fast-growing CPaaS market

Very positive quarter investor prestation.pdf (695.4 KB) by tanla. Lets hope it will rally from here as well.

1 Like

Ravi Dharamshi At Indian Investing Conclave – 2020 presentation on CPaaS:

https://www.valuequest.in/ravi-dharamshi-at-indian-investing-conclave-2020/

6 Likes

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 11.29.06 AM

Got this on my twitter feed. Why is company promoting its twitter account to be followed. Rather they shd have promoted a particular product / services.

Disc : Not invested.

IMO, there is nothing wrong. Twitter is one of the world’s most popular social media platforms with over 335 million users. Many businesses use Twitter to reach and connect with large audience.

1 Like

Promoter stake in December quarter was 41.18% and in March quarter it increased to 41.22%. Whereas FIIs holding increased from 11.09% to 11.76% during the same period

Tanla Platforms has appointed Aravind Viswanathan as Chief Financial Officer effective 1st June 2021. Aravind joins the company from Wipro Limited, where he served as Senior Vice President and CFO – iDEAS Global Business Line.

Company will report results today.

I think Tanla had posted very impressive Q4 results. Whilst Y-O-Y growth is expectedly outstanding, I have actually looked at their sequential Q-O-Q growth and compared it to Route mobile, the closest newly listed peer.

The revenue growth on sequential Q-o-Q basis has been flat (a dip by 0.9%), however PAT rose to 9.6% and EPS increased by 9.7%. Whereas Route mobile, the story is actually appears opposite for the same period, wherein the revenues dropped by 8.7%, PAT drop by 6% and EPS drop by 7.9%. So it sounds Tanla is growing faster than Route mobile ?

Also I am very optimistic on the future growth potential of Tanla’s products, Trubloq and Wisely in the coming quarters.

Discl: Invested and my views may be biased.

Q4 Press report.pdf (306.4 KB)
Q4 FY21 Investor ppt.pdf (3.5 MB)

3 Likes

What I have read on the Twitter that Tanla is not transparent with their concall and don’t take any questions. Investors in past also had issue with them which is why investors are sceptical about them. So do you have any input on it ? Apart from that numbers do seems better than Route mobile and future prospects also seems bright from the Q4 results.

1 Like

To my knowledge company is not doing any investor con calls except investor presentations. The last investor call I think was sometime back in 2018 ? As long as company is doing right things for the business growth with timely disclosures to exchanges, I wouldn’t be worried.

2 Likes

From their investor’s presentation, platform business will get more margins as sales increases… Their platform bussiness is in starting stage only… So leverage will playout. Long term client base is there… Also they are recruiting experienced players to the management…

Amansa capital bought 3% stake in Dec 20 quarter but exited in the next quarter which is a little unusual given that Amansa owns many mid cap IT companies and normally stays invested for many years. Early exit by an investor who has an excellent track record is a Red flag for me.

2 Likes

Promoters are quietly buying the company shares from the open market and other means.

Promoter stake increase.pdf (183.9 KB)

Total acquisition in the last 2-3 days is 4,36,000 + 4930 + 10,07,210.

It is interesting that QOQ promoters are kept buying the shares.

1 Like

Karix Mobile, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tanla Platforms, Indias largest CPaaS provider, announced the deployment of a conversational banking solution- WhatsApp Business- for Indias third largest private sector bank, Axis Bank. Using the solution, Axis Bank customers can now start a WhatsApp chat with the bank to conduct frequent banking activities on-the-go. A gamut of financial services - both transactional and informational - such as checking account balance, checking of credit card bill amount, knowing nearest branch or ATM location and the like can be availed by customers through this solution.

It is to be seen what it means in terms of top and bottom line in the coming quarters.

1 Like

I could not understood the continuous selling by Employees (almost daily basis), even Banyan Investment Limited also sold some part recently , here link Tanla Platforms Ltd. - Disclosures under Insider Trades & Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers.

Company is sitting on good cash, with almost zero debt, profits of 415 cr shown in 2021 with ROCE of 52% and debtors days going down is good sign, still stock in 20% down in 3 months.

A part of the shares sold by Banyan Investment Ltd were I think picked up by the Promoter Group. See this → https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachHis/4986904a-2905-468f-b0bf-9574bb9d812d.pdf

As for the employees, selling the shares gradually on a daily basis, it is only 3 employees who are doing this and with very less quantities. It should be too immaterial to consider this as a warning sign. From the link you had shared you can also see that the post transaction holdings are more than the quantity sold.

Anyways, the main thing is they are hosting an Investor Day event on June 23, 2021 which could prove to be a game changer since they haven’t done such an event in a very long time. It would also give us clarity on what the company’s growth and expansion plans are.

Link for announcement and to register → https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachHis/3b6a54f1-0201-4bd0-9aaf-feb122cbce5c.pdf

1 Like

In July 2020, company did buyback without promoter participation at Rs. 81/share. Original IPO price in 2006 was Rs. 133/share.

This increased promoter stake significantly. In Q1 FY21(results declared in Aug 20), the company for the first time in many quarters posted a profit, after which the shares shot up.

Furthermore, if you observe the price chart and compare vs buyback and results date from that time period, it raises very serious questions about the company. There was significant price rise from when the buyback ended and just before the great results were announced. I have also seen the company promoting ads of their results on Twitter.

Hopefully this helps someone avoid a landmine.

5 Likes

Yes I will be joining it definitely as I am eager to know future plans of TS after implementation of DLT (Trubloq).

Disc: Invested for last 10 Yrs now.

I cant imagine an economy without below A2P & P2A services particularly when everything is getting digitized and online across the globe.

1. One Time Passwords or OTPs received through messages while using net banking or online payment gateways for online transactions;
  2. Message updates related to change in flight schedule or boarding gate from airlines to passengers;
  3. Transaction confirmation and delivery update message for ecommerce transactions; and
  4. Soliciting missed calls for supporting a cause and polling for television shows.

All above have become almost our daily needs and nothing moves without them.

Also I believe their Trubloq and Wisely, appears to have immense potential and could be game changer for the company, given some unique product features.

IMO, as these services / products are poised to only increase in the coming years across the world coupled with good tailwinds, one have to wait and see how Tanla grab these opportunities and establish its market leadership.

3 Likes

Alert: Another publicly listed company launched a CPaaS solution: koreroplatforms.com under Digispice Technologies.

2 Likes

Any investor here planning to join the 4 PM (today) investor meet announced by the company?

1 Like