Sud's Longterm Portfolio - Feedback appreciated!

Dear All,

This is my first post in the world of knowledgeable investors and getting inspired from all the people in this forum.

I started investing from 2010 back but Liquidated all the portfolio during buying my House in 2015. Now from last a year again started investing little by little. 50% of my investments are into Mutual Fund SIPs as I have very little experience to research stocks and very low conviction on my ideas.

Looking forward to build the Portfolio considering my Childs future and I want to realize my goal in next 10 years to create wealth.

Kindly go through it and feel free to guide me.

Looking forward to have a healthy discussion on it.

Thank u

2 Likes

Interesting portfolio. Some observations:

1. Top 3 account for 44% of pf
  2. BFSI account for 32% of pf
  3. Very little allocated to IT sector with strong tailwinds barring Wipro,
  4. Hardly anything allocated to pharma again with very strong tailwinds in the sector.
1 Like

@sougataG thank you very much for your observations.

Will sure look into increasing allocation into IT & Pharma space. I feel the valuation of all pharma companies is very high currently.

Currently Monitoring Laurus Lab,Alembic Pharma ,Cipla in Pharma space.

thank you @Vijay_Kiran , I agree with you. Actually i am at loss and waited so that at least it comes to Cost Price. However yes as long term investment it is better to get rid from it.

Looking forward to study & select few IT & Pharma stocks to fine tune my portfolio.

Today bought Laurus Labs with small quantities.

Thank you

I see you have decent allocation to icici pru in life insurance. Is cheaper than hdfc life the only reason to invest here? What’s ur investment horizon and triggers to sell or add more?

1 Like

@Investor_No_1 . As icicipru is moving from ULIP to Pure Term Plans considering the future & they are targeting to Double the value of New Business in coming 3-4 years.
this are some the key highlights.

Also my time horizon for investment is 10 years from now, i feel the current Insurance Business in India will grow manyfold in future.

However we need to review the performance on Quarterly basis and see whether the company direction is in line with what they are projecting.

thank you

1 Like

Please be careful when putting up research done by other entities. The VP forum had gotten into real trouble recently and the site was offline because of this.

Very strangely, am not able to see my above post. It seems someone flagged it mischievously without any valid reasons.

By the way coming to the point, it is not wise in some case to wait for cost price to come because you will lose time as well as current prevailing opportunities. Better to evaluate and do what if analysis and get rid of extreme laggards and wealth destroyer like ONGC and psus.

Happy investing.
VK

1 Like

yes @Vijay_Kiran , i exited from ONGC today. currently i am tracking some pharma and IT stocks. would like to increase the exposure there considering the future growth.

Thank you

1 Like

Dear All,

Thank you for your feedbacks.

Please find my Current PF details.

Stock % in PF
Reliance 24.1%
HDFC Bank 12.1%
ICICI Prudentia 8.0%
ITC 7.3%
Laurus Labs 6.9%
Firstsource Sol 6.5%
Jubilant Ingrev 5.9%
Larsen 5.9%
Tata Motors 4.3%
IDFC 3.8%
SBI 3.8%
GSFC 3.7%
Wipro 3.7%
LT Foods 2.7%
RIL Partly Paid 0.7%
Yes Bank 0.4%

Based on the various feedbacks and my study in this forum exited ONGC completely.

Entered Laurus Labs Post Result when it was down and added Jubilant Ingrev more.

Will keep on studying the the quarterly results to decide next action.

thank you

1 Like