Sridhar's Portfolio

Below is my portfolio. Inviting feedback from seniors. I want to cut the list to around 20. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Stock Percent
HERITGFOOD 9%
KOVAI 5%
FINCABLES 4%
TECHM 4%
SYMPHONY 4%
HAWKINS 4%
POLYMED 4%
KSCL 4%
UNICHEMLAB 3%
SHILPAMED 3%
DHFL 3%
SOMANYCERA 3%
CERA 3%
EMAMILTD 3%
YESBANK 3%
TITAN 2%
J&KBANK 2%
HDFCBANK 2%
REPCOHOME 2%
PIIND 2%
DHANUKA 2%
FDC 2%
WIMPLAST 2%
TATAELXSI 2%
PAGEIND 2%
AJANTPHARM 2%
VSTTILLERS 1%
HMVL 1%
VMART 1%
ZICOM 1%
MAYURUNIQ 1%
JBCHEPHARM 1%
8KMILES 1%
ASTRAL 1%
TREEHOUSE 1%
APLLTD 1%
TALWALKARS 1%
MUTHCAPS 1%
ZENSARTECH 1%
GOODYEAR 1%
THANGAMAYL 1%
ADMANUM 1%
MAKLABS 1%
ANILLTD 1%
SABERORGAN 1%
RUCHIRA 1%
MIRZAINT 1%
GRUH 1%

There are two many stocks in the portfolio .You can cut down all the one and two percents stocks and increase allocation in the others .
Heritage is your top allocated stock but the retail arm of it has been bleeding and the company plans to add more retail stores .So the pain is not going to stop in near future .
These are some of the best stocks in your portfolio .I guess you may increase allocation in them .

Gruh
REPCOHOME
2%
PIIND 2%
DHANUKA 2%
FDC 2%
WIMPLAST 2%
TATAELXSI 2%
PAGEIND 2%
AJANTPHARM 2%
VSTTILLERS 1
MAYURUNIQ
1%
JBCHEPHARM 1%
ASTRAL 1%
TECHM 4%
SYMPHONY 4%
HAWKINS 4%
POLYMED 4%
KSCL 4%

it would be more valuable if people start giving the size of the portfolio along with allocation %age

hi sridhar

The list contains some good stocks…

I think the main aim should be to concentrate the portfolio so that the top four five stocks represent more than 50-60% of portfolio…

With the recent correction in some stocks, I think stocks like gruh, polymed, hdfc bank, indusind bank, etc have become more attractive due to price correction.

Corrections offer a good chance to structure the portfolio by getting in to high quality companies which have undergone sufficient correction.

regards

hitesh.

Thanks Hitesh. I will use this correction to follow your steps. Everything is looking attractive that is my problem :frowning: Need to do more research I guess and control my self.

Thanks Sourabh for The list… Definitely i need to cut down and look into your list.

Hi Vicky, for confidentiality purpose people may not give size of the portfolio.

At the best we can get their portfolio of stocks as % of total Investments.

Mine is 10% of savings from my own earnings.

Hi All, Latest Portfolio based on CMP.

CANFINHOME 11%
AJANTPHARM 9%
REPCOHOME 9%
KSCL 9%
VSTTILLERS 8%
APLLTD 8%
SHILPAMED 7%
DHFL 7%
JBCHEPHARM 6%
SYMPHONY 5%
HERITGFOOD 4%
KOVAI 4%
PAGEIND 4%
DEEPAKFERT 3%
PIIND 3%
HAWKINS 3%
MINDTREE 1%
RSYSTEMS 1%
BANCOINDIA 1%
AVANTI 1%

Seniors, please comment.

- Sridhar

Hi Sridhar, The portfolio looks much better now and has been worked upon from an Capital Allocation/Portfolio Concentration perspective as well. A diversified portfolio for an expert investor may be a concentrated portfolio for an amateur investor in early days. Therefore, I think you have done well in trimming down the number of stocks and trying to concentrate the portfolio. Personally, I would have done couple of things differently as below: 1) Mindtree - 1% allocation. Mindtree is kind of a larger cap company (not theoritically but in relative terms to the companies that are mostly discussed at valupickr). Therefore, may be I would not give 1% allocation to a larger cap company. Personally the minimum allocation that I give to a stock is 2.5%. And this would be to a micro cap company (below 100crs of Mkt. Cap. for me). 2.5% because I try not to give more than 10% allocation to such micro cap companies and within this 10% I divide it between maximum of 4 companies and hence we get 2.5% Therefore, I would not give 1% allocation to a bigger company as I don’t see that benefitting my overall portfolio much. 2)Avanti- 1% allocation. Personally I would give a bit more allocation to Avanti. I had given 5% allocation to this company. It is well discussed stock at valuepickr. The fundamentals have looked very good. But, at these prices may be I would wait for it to correct and consolidate and then only add further. I had bought it at lower levels when it was consolidating after an upmove. I don’t have much idea about R-systems. The allocation to stocks is good. However, I would advice that, if you have just started to create the portfolio recently then try to ensure that you don’t buy them at very high levels . Try to follow the Valupickr Scorecard recommendations to get an idea about what would be the right valuations to buy few of the above stocks. This is my limited understanding. Seniors would be in a better position to comment further. Cheers, Hitesh.

Apologies on the formatting part. Just can’t ever get it right. May be it is because of the use of internet explorer. Will try to move to Google chrome to see if this problem gets soughted out.

Hi Hitesh, Thanks for the comments andAgree with most of them.

Yes, since Jan I started increasing portfolio size. Currently the one i am bleeding is in Page with recent correction. May be a good time to add more?

1-3%, allocations will try to consolidate in 2 or 3 stocks.

Exited Alembic, PI Ind Hawkins, Avanti, banco.

Added, PTC Fin, TV Today, South ind bank.

Tracking positions in Nilkamal, Morganite crucible

Hi Sridhar,

Would you update the story behind South Indian Bank. Is there something changed in the bank’s operational efficiency or general upbeat about the banking sector.

Thanks,

Hi Sajit,

I would say general upbeat, aided by improving CASA, Margins. And Low PE.

Hi Seniors and friends, My latest Portfolio based on CMP.

Please provide your views.

PFS 14%
CANFINHOME 10%
VSTTILLERS 10%
AJANTPHARM 8%
DHFL 6%
KSCL 6%
REPCOHOME 6%
TVTODAY 5%
DEEPAKFERT 4%
JBCHEPHARM 4%
SHILPAMED 4%
SYMPHONY 4%
PAGEIND 3%
KOVAI 3%
SOUTHBANK 3%
HERITGFOOD 3%
RSSOFTWARE 2%
RSYSTEMS 1%
MINDTREE 1%
ORIENTBELL 1%
NILKAMAL 1%
GREAVMRG 1%

Thanks
Sridhar

PFS doesnt seem a stock to lead a portfolio. Its no where a dominant theme based company.

Page, Symphony, Kaveri etc are what can be considered dominant themes. Although these have run up, they can be kept in watchlist to add on opportune times.

Hi Hiteshbhai, thanks for the valuable comments.

can you please help how to differentiate dominant themes from rest?

I understand Symphony, Kaveri, page are great businesses, and I love them. I missed opportunity to ride.

But how to identify future ones? And how Repco, VSTT, PTC Fin are not considered as dominant themes?

TIA

Sridhar

Hi All,

Latest portfolio. Please let me know your comments/suggestions.

TVTODAY 13%
PFS 12%
CANFINHOME 9%
KSCL 6%
RSSOFTWARE 6%
AJANTPHARM 5%
DHFL 4%
HERITGFOOD 4%
JBCHEPHARM 4%
KOVAI 3%
REPCOHOME 3%
SYMPHONY 3%
DEEPAKFERT 3%
LICHSGFIN 3%
SHILPAMED 3%
GATI 3%
PAGEIND 2%
MPSLTD 2%
NILKAMAL 2%
ASIANTILES 2%
SOUTHBANK 2%
MUTHCAPS 2%

added Lincoln pharma as opportunistic bet.

Sridhar

Good picks .Congrats.

Could you give the reasoning n logic behind Lincoln Pharma picks n the other picks u like most from your portfolio?