Spreadsheet Model for Valuation of a Company

can i reach you over phone or you can call me on 9071211777

If you are able to open the xls file just do ā€œsave asā€ from the file tab. There should be a drop down option in file type, choose xlsx. Hope it helps.

1 Like

if i change the file name it says it will unusable!

i have enabled macros and tried deleting the XIRR. A pop up message says cannot save document while debugging

You can delete formula in cell Q44 which refers to XIRR function. You can use rest of the spreadsheet.

Equity Valuation.xls (172 KB)

I have removed the formula and the macro so you should be able to use the attached one wihtout any macros. This will not give you the expected returns over the high growth period, but you can still calculate the intrinsic value.

2 Likes

Thanks Yogeshji now i am able to open the file but getting stuck at last

This is some unrelated error. Valuation spreadsheet is not linked to Screener. @pratyushmittal can help you with errors related to Screener.

Thank you very much for your quick responseā€¦i will get this fixed and will get back for any clarification.

Great Work Yogesh! Highly appreciated your spreadsheet.

Yogesh ji did the final version is in place. File is not getting uploaded error says file not supportive.
Thanks

Sorry. Pl. ignore my reply. I got slution

Hi Yogesh,

Thank you for sharing this exceptional model for valuation. I am learning how to apply this model with my first example, which is continuation of the HDFC sheet. I was able to get the data elements of ERP, but for the Beta sheet, I could not see - how you established the Stock returns and the BSE 200 returns. I dont see a formula in the .xlsm file for these columns (D & F). Can you please clarify!

Thanks a lot in advance.

3 Likes

Better we use P/E or P/B to just have a roughly idea of what weā€™re paying to buy that business, whether the stock is at skyhigh prices, over or undervalued,

Just work to understand the business, if itā€™s able to grow itā€™s earnings with a decent rate or not, thatā€™s what we need!
you and weā€™ll definitely earn some handsome amount returns by just doing this.

Again: Just look for earningsā€™ growth!
-Ak

Hello everyone. Iā€™m not sure if this is the right thread, but I am looking to make an excel template for screener.in 's export to excel feature. I want to add advanced features like conditional formatting (e.g. 5% RoCE will appear red but 25% RoCE will appear green), charts (of margins, debt-equity, profit growth etc.) will be automated and so on. I am looking for someone to collaborate with on this, so if anyone is interested please message me. Thanks

Dear Yogesh Sir, I am a new to this entire concept of valuations (non-finance but engineering background) and would like to study it. Any books or materials that you would like to suggest from where to start ?

Thanks

Why you shouldnā€™t rely on PE and PB alone is explained here.

2 Likes