Smallcap momentum portfolio

Thank you so much Sir

Hi @visuarchie ,
One small correction,
12 month price change formula for NUVAMA(FV427) will be “=(FV422/FV271)-1” instead of “=(FV422/FV272)-1”. Thanks.

1 Like

@SaurabhVj Corrected the cell reference. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hi @visuarchie ,
Created the sheet for Nifty 500 stocks got below stocks
JAIBALAJI
ANANDRATHI
SCHNEIDER
CUMMINSIND
TATAMTRDVR
INOXWIND
TRENT
HAL
HINDCOPPER
COCHINSHIP
BHEL
HUDCO
ZOMATO
SWSOLAR
DIXON
TATAMOTORS
BAJAJ-AUTO
SIGNATURE
SIEMENS
IRFC
HBLPOWER
MOTILALOFS
EIHOTEL
RECLTD
SOBHA.

Hello @Anand_Jain, I have not created a list for Nifty 500. So, I will not be able to reconfirm. If you have followed the same procedure, it must be fine.

1 Like

How to enter/ exit highly illiquid stocks like Jaibalaji? It is either in 5% upper circuit or lower circuit.

Just keep a GTT till it’s not triggered.

Perhaps here, some discretion is not wrong. It is possible that we may never get a chance to buy, particularly with stocks that have small market cap, and it is also possible that some of these are operator driven, so they hit both UC and LC regularly. So we may feel to omit it completely if we look at the chart, or we can buy if we get a chance, but then it may hit a few LC after we buy, or by the time we buy, it may lose its place by another stock.

So, applying discretion of letting a stock go and replacing it with the immediate next one can be an option, or going ahead as per the rules is another.

I am not investing in the list, just sharing some thoughts and little experience with circuit stocks.

3 Likes

Hi @visuarchie
Do you consider a special trading session for calculating momentum stocks?

Hello @Anand_Jain I have not been considering special sessions. I close the week on Friday. Whatever changes are there will be captured, in any case, next week.

1 Like

@visuarchie Sir,

Based on the workings below are the stocks i am getting this week.

50DMA (14977) > 200DMA (13528)

Based On Ranking:
JAIBALAJI
SCHNEIDER
ANANDRATHI
INOXWIND
COCHINSHIP
SWSOLAR
HUDCO
POWERINDIA
HINDCOPPER
MOTILALOFS
HBLPOWER
SIGNATURE
SOBHA
BLUESTARCO
EIHOTEL
JWL
MEDANTA
NATIONALUM
KPIL
NBCC
CENTURYTEX
EXIDEIND
GODFRYPHLP

Based on A → Z for easy tracking:

ANANDRATHI
BLUESTARCO
CENTURYTEX
COCHINSHIP
EIHOTEL
EXIDEIND
GODFRYPHLP
HBLPOWER
HINDCOPPER
HUDCO
INOXWIND
JAIBALAJI
JWL
KPIL
MEDANTA
MOTILALOFS
MRPL
NATIONALUM
NBCC
POWERINDIA
SCHNEIDER
SIGNATURE
SOBHA
SWSOLAR
TATAINVEST

Thank you for your reply, please confirm the date considering for calculation. I have posted the dates in midcap thread.

Same dates considered similar to Microcap
12 months date :19/05/2023
06 months date: 17/11/2023

Hi @visuarchie , really appreciate your efforts to share your knowledge and work with the community here…and also members trying the methodology on their own by putting it into practice…
I am a big fan of this non-discretionary momentum strategies, which I came to know from Alok Jain of weekend investing… they work very well with minimal effort in trending markets… I tried to figure out a way to sit out non-trending markets

Now I see that you seem to have MA cross over to guide on that… do u use MA of respective index or Nifty? And does it trigger 100% exit and entry? Sorry if it’s already explained in ur session… I still need to watch it
Once again thanks a bunch for your efforts

@hariharancj Same dates considered for look back.

1 Like

Thank you for the same. Is the ranking / order mentioned above is correct or is it different in your list?

@hariharancj Actually there are differences. Will post mine.

Update for entry on 21st May 2024

50DMA (14977) > 200DMA (13527); hence, we can continue without any change.

Based on ranking:

1. JAIBALAJI
  2. SCHNEIDER
  3. ANANDRATHI
  4. INOXWIND
  5. COCHINSHIP
  6. HUDCO
  7. SWSOLAR
  8. HINDCOPPER
  9. POWERINDIA
  10. MOTILALOFS
  11. SIGNATURE
  12. HBLPOWER
  13. SOBHA
  14. EIHOTEL
  15. BLUESTARCO
  16. JWL
  17. MEDANTA
  18. KPIL
  19. NATIONALUM
  20. NBCC

Based on A → Z for easy tracking:

• ANANDRATHI
  • BLUESTARCO*
  • COCHINSHIP
  • EIHOTEL
  • HBLPOWER
  • HINDCOPPER
  • HUDCO
  • INOXWIND
  • JAIBALAJI
  • JWL*
  • KPIL
  • MEDANTA
  • MOTILALOFS
  • NATIONALUM*
  • NBCC*
  • POWERINDIA
  • SCHNEIDER
  • SIGNATURE
  • SOBHA
  • SWSOLAR

Exits:
MRPL and TATAINVEST exit.
CENTURYTEX and EXIDEIND stay within the top 25 and hence remain.

Entry:
BLUESTARCO and JWL make an entry.
NATIONALUM and NBCC cannot enter as there is no vacancy.

With a variation of 70% weightage for 6m performance, we see small changes in pf.
TATAINVEST exits. CENTURYTEX and EXIDEIND remain within the top 25 and hence remain.
BLUESTARCO enters. NATIONALUM and NBCC cannot enter as there is no vacancy.

1 Like

@narayans79 You have mentioned 2 points very eloquently.

1. I am happy that people are trying this methodology on their own.
  2. Non-discretionary investing is good for people doing direct equity who do not have time to do fundamental investing.

I wrote about DMAs earlier. When people raised concerns about momentum investing suffering more during a market crash or trending lower market, one suggestion I offered was to look at 50 and 200DMA. If there are any other indicators that can signal bull / bear phase of market, we can look at that also.

I use the MA of the respective indices here.

This DMA study was launched maybe a month or so ago only. No exits have been triggered as of now. When the crossover happens, we could move 50% to Liquidbees or Goldbees and if the trend continues for one or two more weeks, we could move the remaining 50% also. This was the thought process.

3 Likes

Mine is the same as yours @visuarchie sir. Thank you!