Shriram Pistons & Rings Ltd(SPR)

Shriram Pistons & Rings Ltd is incorporated in 1963 and primarily engaged in the manufacturing of pistons, piston pins, piston rings ,engine valves, Electric Motors, Electric Motor controllers and Precision injection moulded parts for original equipment manufacturers in the domestic and export markets. SPR’s auto component products are used by passenger vehicle, two wheeler, commercial vehicle/engine, tractor, and industrial engine manufacturers in India, Europe, North America, Asia, Australia, and South Africa and in many other countries.
SPR has technical collaboration with KS KOLBENSCHMIDT GMBH GERMANY, HONDA FOUNDRY CO. LTD. JAPAN, RIKEN CORPORATION JAPAN and FUJI OOZX INC. JAPAN. KS Kolbenschmidt GmbH holds 20.32% and Riken Corporation Japan holds 21.30% equity shares in SPR.

Recent Key developments:
i. Acquisition of 51% stake in EMF Innovations Private Limited (“EMFI”) The Company through its wholly owned subsidiary SPR Engenious Ltd. acquired 51% stake in the share capital (on a fully diluted basis) of EMFI, for a total consideration of INR 780.03 Mn. EMFI is a Singapore backed electric motor design and manufacturing Company. EMFI is a young Technology company co-founded by engineering entrepreneurs with substantial R&D and operations in India and Singapore thereby providing localized cost effective e-mobility solutions to customers in India and abroad. EMFI has been leveraging on its strong power electronics & motors research base and extensive semi-automated manufacturing eco-system to deliver reliable EV Motors and Controllers for green mobility solutions and various other applications.

ii. Definitive Agreement to acquire 75% stake in Takahata Precision India Private Limited (TPIPL) The Company through its wholly owned subsidiary SPR Engenious Ltd. has entered into definitive agreement to acquire 75% stake in the share capital (on a fully diluted basis) of TPIPL, at an Enterprise Value of INR 2,220 Mn. with adjustments for debt, debt like items and working capital to be calculated as on closing date subject to satisfactory completion of all conditions precedent. TPIPL’s existing portfolio of precision moulded parts, precision metal moulds parts, assembled parts having a variety of functional products for the automotive and other Industrial applications, fits into the Company’s strategy of inorganic growth alongside de-risking its current business model.

Manufacturing and Assembly Plant Locations
i. Industrial Area, Meerut Road, Ghaziabad (U.P.).
ii. Industrial Area, Pathredi, District Alwar (Rajasthan)
iii. Industrial Area, Bulandshahr Road, Ghaziabad (U.P.).
iv. Assembly units are located at Gurugram, Pune, Hosur, Becharji (Gujarat) and Sahibabad.

Share holding pattern as on March-2023
ig1

I Request you all to pay good attention to this opportunity and take the discussion forward.

Disclosure : Invested

6 Likes

The free float is about 2% only. IMHO this adds further risk for investment
Disclosure: not invested. Not a recommendation for or gainst buying.

1 Like

I totally agree with your stance on the skewed float, however it is presently a decently sized allocation in my portfolio.
Reasoning: Given the ‘Growing Euphoria’ in the markets, I took a bet on this particular aspect, further the co also has history of paying dividends consistently, and relatively very cheap in the current environment.
Thank you

2 Likes