Semiconductor world - CPU/GPU Wars

@phreakv6 You touched on something I have been asking myself for long. I have pondered over why I did not notice AMD as undervalued in mid 2017 when zen1 came in.

The answer I can come up with is - Bulldozer/History. There were a lot of expectations from the Bulldozer architecture, but it did not really go through. Architecture is one thing, but the sales numbers on the ground is a mix of performance + execution by marketing & sales + How smooth is the new arch adoption - There were bios + other issues during zen1. I personally think that for those in the semiconductor world, late 2018 is the time that they should have definitely noticed looking at improving stability. Even then, one could not have seen through intel blunders in fab + the zen architecture scaling so well in the same power envelope (with help from tsmc). Who would have thought, the guys who gave the moore’s law would sit on it trying to disprove it by poor execution?

I personally feel it would be a crime now to not notice the duopoly of AMD & NVDA at play here in GPUs.