Hi greetings! Would like to share a bit about myself , goals and my portfolio journey.
I am an MNC Banker ( Finance & Tech background,early 40s), started from lower middle class and thanks to IT and ITES boom from 2000, found myself travelling all around the world, climbing the corporate ladder in a pretty aggressive manner and can say to myself "not too bad for somebody who started his first salary in 1993 for Rs 2000! per month).
I have divided my Financial Independence goals into 3 themes.
Theme 1: Self and Family Financial Independence ( Basics ) … This money is invested via a Financial Planner mostly in Balanced funds and hopefully the SIP accumulation and the corpus so far should take care of my needs ( assuming they grow at a 10-11% CAGR)
Theme 2: Family ( Beyond Basics needs) . This money is with a registered PMS and I top this amount infrequently ( market corrections, bonus etc.). Money is invested in a concentrated portfolio of 5–6 stocks. The expectations are this money will primarily fund my discretionary spending post my retirement ( international travel, vacations, expensive hobbies like watching F1 and Tennis etc.)
Theme 3 : Self Actualization and Societal Needs
This money is to give back to the society via my passion in studying the markets, apply my intelligence , analytics and create a 15 Crore Corpus to fund/ support education and medical needs in a specific target community
While Theme 1 and 2 investing are actively being managed by the Financial Planner, I spend lot of my free time planning my investments for Theme 3. I run a concentrated portfolio of just 5-6 stocks and SIP in a regular basis . The list are
- Yes Bank ( reasons well known and discussed) . 25% @ cost of 180 … continuing to SIP
- ITC (10%) . Strong FMCG runway ahead with significant value unlocking ahead.in SIP
- Edelweiss ( 20%): Visionary founder with an amazing track record; Bouquet of Finance businesses with significant upside to growth. on SIP . Cost 150
- Syngene ( 20%) Contract High end manufacturing play from the house of BioCon . Cost 550
- Ashok Leyland (10%) Cheap Automobile stock with a secular growth story ahead , Cost 90
- RIL (15%); Better proxy for NIFTY and provides decent 15% growth … unlocking ahead Cost 900
Will be happy to hear your views and feel free to comment ! Thanks