Saregama India Ltd: India’s premier music publishing label

Will there be pricee discovery kind of mechanism followed tomorrow for Saregama? Any details around timing etc?

Edit: price discovery from 9.00 am to 9.45 am

2 Likes

Demerged entity is a negative 12 crore EBIT business which has been loss making for years…

Some demergers create value at the parent company more vs demerged one.

14 Likes

Good Morning all,
What will the price of Demerged share? When it will get listed?
In the Q1 result degrowth is there…Is it due to demerger ??

I am a novice investor. Can anyone please explain why cashflows from operations are not good for the company?

Due to the Saregama accounting method, the acquisition cost is paid in the same quarter; however, in the profit & loss account, the acquisition cost is spread over a period of 10 years.

4 Likes

Now, that’s the MOAT that music label companies benefit from :notes:

10 Likes

Results for Q1and Q4- FY2023 are reclassified considering demerger.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Any idea when the demerged shares will start trading?

2 Likes

in the recent concall, it was confirmed somewhere in the last week of August.

Is the profit from Youtube twitter insta etc monetization is shown in the result or not ???

I would like to know, how this monetization works. Does youtube need to tell Saregama that they are buying the copyrights? Or, they pay Saregama for every time the song is downloaded/used/reused in social media?basically how it is tracked?

The profit from YouTube and other social media platform is not shown separately under any heading. I am trying to find that too since long now. I hope they will soon start mentioning it explicitly.

1 Like

Every streaming app pay SAREGAMA on every single stream. The royalty differs app-to-app and whether it is free for users or paid

Typically royalty for a paid customer is much higher than royalty for a free customer.

Is there something wrong with saregama? Why is the share price dropping drastically? Am I Missing something?

2 Likes

Acquisition news
Pocket aces
But looks good deal 4 future

1 Like

Saregama acquired Pocket aces

1 Like

I’ve watched content from a few of their channels and can understand why Saregama must have acquired the company, probably to connect with the youth audience who enjoy consuming short-form content or web series that might be more relatable to a younger audience.

But when it comes to purely capital allocation point of view are they not moving away from their high-margin business, which is music licensing? :slightly_smiling_face:

Disc. Invested

5 Likes