Saregama India Ltd: India’s premier music publishing label

2 Likes

Any fundamental reason for the correction in stock price. Is it consolidation/profit booking considering the sharp run up OR something else which is leading to this ? The correction in high PE stocks seems to be a strong reason to me which is impacting this as well

Intimation of Stock Split

Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Company is scheduled to be
held on Thursday, February 24, 2022

Looks like timed to prevent further slide in stock price.

7 Likes

Seems quite interesting. Looks like a REIT equivalent of the music industry.

If the players do this, they can raise funds for new acquisitions by monetising older catalogs. Shareholder equity dilution could be avoided.

6 Likes

This was coming given the low float and liquidity…

One large investor Malabar has been selling the stock to book profits which has triggered the collapse given the stock is illiquid. Malabar used to own 736,269 shares end Sep 2021. This came down to 710,769 shares end of Dec 2021.

Malabar continued selling in January 2022 also. I would not be suprised if it has continued post that. So this is triggered by profit booking rather than anything fundamentally changing

19 Likes

This is a fantastic look into the future! Thanks for sharing. I wonder if the management of Saregama would be looking at such optionalities, if at all.

Disc: Invested

1 Like

Zombivli has got good reviews from critics and a good IMDB rating of 8.7 (Still early days though).

Gives good confidence in Yoodlee’s selection. This was high risk in terms of concept but seems like the team pulled it off.

5 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Udayan brings Saregma topic as wealth creator, First thing Sanjiv talks about is Carvaan.

Vikram has always called out no Marketing spends on Carvaan till normalcy, at the end of day its Promoters call. There was a quarter just before Corona time when Saregama made 1 cr profit when they decided to push Carvaan and stock price fell from cliff.( would be worth listening earlier Qtr calls).

May be wrong here but IPL investment, Pride in creating brands ( Too Yum) seems a explicit desire, most of their businesses are not in top leaders in sectors given conservative history.

Saregama is an opprtunistic theme that happened to do very well with Vikram running the show and Carvaan off the back, wonder what would be market reaction if Vikram were to move.

8 Likes

Good article where leader UMG to develop collectible NFT in deal with Curio platform.

Where I was tracking this development for saregama, saregama put NFT section on their website.
Though it is difficult to clearly for see in future, NFT can be choice of investment for young generation. When I was asking my son, where you will invest, he said NFT ( he is teenager). :grinning:

Disclosure invested.

5 Likes

As I pointed out earlier, I am interested in a new verticle of artist management. The below article points out that the company is looking for Qyuki, a talent management company.
On the sideline, their new release of Gangubai Kathiawadi and Maheshbabu song is trending on Youtube.

Saregama looking for Qyuki
Disclosure: Invested

3 Likes

First of all I am new to the forum. Pardon me for any mistake I commit unintentionally.

I have a couple of doubts.

1. There was a massive jump of loans being given to employees. When checked, Loan given to Mr. Vikram Mehra was ~8.95cr. However, there was no mention of the interest rate of the loan. So is it a interest free loan? And also, is this a part of his salary compensation to get a loan of such value? Anyone knowing anything about this?

1. Also, when I read the AR21, in the expenses, there is a massive payment increase of ~4x termed as “Royalty expenses for brand usage”. Can someone explain me which brand logo has been used? is it for the RPSG group logo? and how come this has increase to ~4x in just 1 financial year?

edit*, disclaimer: tracking position.

9 Likes

India has become one of the top 10 engagement markets for Swedish music streaming service Spotify, with the number of paid subscribers doubling in 2021, according to a top company executive. Gustav Gyllenhammar,VP of markets and subscriber growth for Spotify Technology SA, said India has entered sort of the “top echelon” of company’s global markets.

6 Likes

Digital Music Study 2021

Some Great Insights

9 Likes

Experts said the price of rights for an individual song can range between ₹25 and ₹30 lakh and featuring them on a show can further lead to renewed interest and spike in listenership on streaming platforms or YouTube.

4 Likes

How are we treating contingent liabilities of this stock?
Almost 50% of yearly PAT, 8% of Net reserves…
Do we have more details of property related case thats mentioned?
Are we also treating this 8cr loan to MD as interest free Loan? or do we have details about terms and conditions?

2 Likes
2 Likes