Santosh Sinha Portfolio

Thanks, Hitesh. I am used to buy and hold approach and this is something I will add to my toolkit.

1 Like

Thanks Hitesh Bhai for sharing your wisdom.
For investors like me and many on VP, we will not learn these high quality stuff from anywhere else except here.
This has been the best part of VP community. People like you are others have been kind enough to reply to many of us, to even our silly thoughts, to nurture several new Hitesh Patels and Ayush Mittals ( although it is not really possible :smiley:). It also depends on us as to how much we can learn and implement these learnings.

I really like your thought on enjoying the process ( be being a sportsman also can easily relate to it) and the results will follow automatically. I also think some of us and insecure and less confident of our abilities and hence continuously look at our PF return and many times it affects our game/process adversely, esp if one is not winning in short term.

I have read and re read your document in which you have shared sometimes peace of mind is more important than returns. so its a trade off between buy and hold and continuously evaluating bets. But if mkt demands this strategy we have to adopt to it.
INVESTMENT JOURNEY - HItesh Patel - VP CHINTAN BAITHAK - GOA 2015.pdf (347.5 KB)

Thanks again for sharing and mentoring some of us during this journey, who are also very keen go a long way in achieving success in investing over a long period of time :relaxed:

Best regards
Santosh

5 Likes

Hi Santhosh,

You are an inspiration for a budding investor like me. I donā€™t know what your investment style was before your first post here in this thread. But I can definitely say that you have improved a lot in your investment philosophy which is evident from the quality and humility in all of your subsequent posts.

On another noteā€¦ need your opinion on torrent pharma in terms of the business and management quality.

Thanks a ton for the inspiration!!

1 Like

Sandeep,

Thanks for your kind words.
Yes, joining this forum helped me immensely. I was always very keen to learn and have passion for equity investing, I started in college days itself. Had several costly learnings and experiences. But I guess the journey has just started, and has long way to go. Important for me to keep learning and remain focussed and enjoy the process/game.

VP has everything documented, if one really wants to read and implement. Some new members may not be aware where to search. Some of us are mostly interested in only reading the last few posts in all threads. But older threads have real wisdom.

Re Torrent, there is a thread which has every details, to me it has earnings momentum for next few Quarters, absolutely zero downside probability, v low trailing PE, but on forward PE looks ok.
In these turbulent times, these kind of stocks are excellent parking stocks and if Nifty goes to say 7200, one can made a good switch to some high quality small cap which will be down by 30-40 % from peak by then, So torrent is that kind of bet for me.

regards

1 Like

Hi Folks,

In the last few weeks, I have been selling on rallies, esp low quality mid caps or my loser stocks or those having higher valuations. So, I have exited all except two stocks - Can fin and Torrent pharma both close to 30 % each, I am 40 % cash now and waiting patiently for panic at lower levels to buy the bargains or panic lows in high quality stocks.

Now It is almost given that we are in bear market after hitting lower highs and lower lows. It is important to deploy cash at lower level irrespective of bottom, if one is just close to bottom. I know mkt timing is a futile exercise, but if one is clear of strategy buying anything one always wanted to buy which is 30-40 % low does give lots of comfort and margin of safety. Mkt is everyday giving such fantastic opportunities, if one has cash to deploy, recent examples are Alembic at 515 or Avanti at 330 levels were amazing discounts. Looking forward to many such opportunities to deploy my cash.
I also feel the music for low quality small caps and mid caps have completely stopped, those who are stuck and hoping against hope and it is hurting most the first time investor as always. I think it is very important to preserve the bumper gains of last 2/3 years, even if it is a flat or 10 % year. We should remember after 2008, 2009 was again a bumper year, so one needs to be prepared and be patient while sitting on cash.

I would love to hear what other strategies you guys are adopting in these challenging times.

Cheers

Santoshji:

Have you exited Omkar specialty?

Except for rationale for concentration pf, what is your reason to exit?

Dear Santosh ,

I have been following your thread and must it looks very impressive. Sir i want to hear it from you what all factors you consider while exiting from stocks. You said that you exited most of the stocks, just wanted to know your conviction on selling decision.

Thanks.

@mayekar. yes I have exited Omkar, The main reason for exit was many high quality businesses are available at mouth watering valuations, so cash was raised at high levels, by selling not so high quality stock to deploy cash at lower levels in other my high conviction bets. This strategy worked, esp when mkt went below 7000 levels last week.

@sunnysachdeva, Thanks, As explained above , as we entered bear mkt, the main rational was to get rid of my low conviction, lower quality and high valuations stocks to raise some cash to reploy at lowerlevels in much better stocks, getting hammered these days in mkt panics and fears.

1 Like

can we share screener of stocks with all of u for ur suggetions.

@sinha124 You mention high quality businesses are available at mouth watering valuations? Can you please share the names of some of them?

out of the two textile stocks premco global and nitin spinners which is more fundamentally strong story.
hope the favorable thank you.

Considering everything I guess premco is better than Nitin - this is not a recommendation pls do your own research as well !

@vnktshb sorry for late reply , I missed your msg, I said this when nifty was below 7000 around 6800, now most of them have recovered so no point in discussing now

1 Like

dear sinha,
thank you for your opinion. have you got any idea of CONTROL PRINTā€¦
IF YES PLEASE SHARE SOME.

Hi @smbapat6791

I dont track control print, apologies for late reply

Rgds

BHAI no update for last 3 years ? What happened ? which hv been your picks in past n present ? learnings for benefit of VPers?

sir ,

update kiya karo