Sahil's Portfolio

not yet. For fresh buying it makes sense to wait for price to correct as much as one can wait, and then add some. But yes i am watching closely. ARV phenomenon is one-off, short term, will normalize by Q4. Also, ARV is not the investment thesis for laurus, in fact its the least attractive part of the business.

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts.
My view is that while ARV decline is one off for now, there is a risk of a structural move away from ARV given the developments on the HIV vaccine front. In my mind it reduces the terminal value of the ARV byusiness, which while udesirable, still is a significant part of Laurus’ total value presently.

Point taken on waiting as long as possible before adding, based on price action. Are you following a similar strategy with Kilpest as well? It is now trading at an enterprise value of under 250cr which looks reasonably attractive again.

Also, congratulations on your wedding and wish you the best. Life only gets better after marriage :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hiv vaccine has been under development for probably 3 decades.

Another way to think about it is, if we do have an HIV vaccine after 10 years, Given Laurus’s deep understanding of LMIC & the therapeutics, given that they have set up Laurus Bio, given the innovation shown in generating lowest cost production of ARV therapeutics, my bet would be on laurus going into HIV vaccine whenever they can (of course off patent or BIO CDMO 10 years from now). the innovative adapt, they dont get disrupted.

yes :smiley:
Yes, the valuation is fair now in kilpest IMO. But price can keep reducing as PE expands optically due to absence of covid revenues. Good for a long term investor.

thanks, agreed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My picks.

1. Titan
  2. ICICI Prud Life
  3. Jubilant Ingrevia
1 Like

My picks.

1. Titan
  2. Olectra Greentech
  3. Nazara Technologies

Waitlist is Avenue Supermarts

Disc - Invested in all

1 Like

My bet is on

1. Clean science
  2. NELCO ( a TATA group company)
  3. Happiest Minds. (Maybe Jubilant Foodworks as well if 4th one is allowed :stuck_out_tongue: )

Would be nice to know your thoughts on Sequent with recent results, changes happening in Turkey, their execution & valuation cooling off somewhat (I am aware no where close to what you like to buy, but still better than before)…Thnx

im not tracking it any more. sequent growth will resume from fy23. in no hurry to track it. Too many cos to track :smiley:

2 Likes

Cannot agree more, its getting crazy with too many companies to track…we need to focus on what we need and not what we want :slight_smile:

1 Like

@sahil_vi keen to know your position on Laurus Labs & Mastek now…you have added/trimmed or just watching…

1 Like

Added along with all portfolio cos.

4 Likes

One can look at Tejas Network (A TATA group company)

This is yet to start its performance
Fundamentally a strong player in 5G space
Through this company Tata will expand its presence in 5G related field.

If you are curious to know, I would recommend you to read more about why it hasn’t been successful so far and what are the new approaches evolving now to overcome the past challenges.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/ebiom/article/PIIS2352-3964(21)00472-2/fulltext

Laurus doesn’t have expertise on CRISPR/ Gene editing tech. It is much more complex than fermentation for food proteins.

11 Likes

Hi sahil, what’s your view on laurus labs share holding modifications?

1 Like

Noise and not worth thinking about.

2 Likes

Such noises can be good for long term investors :wink:

2 Likes

Can you please share your updated portfolio list

1 Like

Hi Sahil,
What’s your take on current Pix transmission results? And what do you think about growth prospects?

Hi Sahil,
What’s your view on RACL geartech results?

Hi Sahil,

What’s your view on increasing debt to equity ratio of RACL :

Sept’20 : 0.84
March’21 : 1.01
Sept’21 : 1.24

Please rationalize.

Regards.