Rohit portfolio

Rretrying coz formatting went crazy Posting an update of current portfolio and a note on my recent mistakes/learnings. Sold Kajaria, Unichem, Mayur and HDFC bank. Added more Page, Repco, Avanti, Shilpa and Polymed. Allocation % Average Price Hawkins 27 1960 Page 23 3345 Gruh 13 203 Indusind 20 370 Kaveri 8 1485 Repco 3 251 Poly Medicure 2 170 Avanti Feeds 2 230 Shilpa Med 2 190 Now coming to the biggest mistakes 1). I sold Mayur at 220 (adjusted) just to see it break that range and move above 260. I realize that I should have held on to it from both fundamental AND technical pov. Looking back, my decision came more out of frustration of it not moving for a long time. I sold it thinking that the depreciating rupee will heavily increase the raw material prices. I read that the risk of forex is offset by increasing exports. I wonder if it gets completely offset because the exports are around 20%. Anyway, even if it doesn’t get offset, I should have held on to it and Mayur would have delivered. It is difficult to find companies like Mayur. 2). Recently, I bought Avanti at 240 (and then at 220). I bought it when it went up from 210 to 240 in a few sessions. At 240, I felt that I will miss the bus if I dont buy now. I need to control the emotions in such situations. I am pretty happy with my capital allocation. I am not very good at analysing new companies but I think that all in all the PF has good businesses and it should do well. Although, I have thought of increasing allocations to the last 3 in the list, but I think it may not be a great idea to sell Hawkins, IndusInd, Gruh at this point of time. Hawkins- Remains illusive but I think this will start to deliver sooner or later. TTK reported a flat Q2 so lets see how Hawkins performs. If it doesnt report good numbers, the stock can go down towards 1500. I would add more around those levels. If it does start delivering and price goes up, I will think of booking some profits around 2800 or so. Page- I have full conviction in this one. Page has been the best performer after Mayur. Recently added more at 3850-3900. I would buy with all gunpowder if it goes to 4000. IndusInd- The Management has proved its mettle over the years. Even in Q2, they managed to grow 32%. Earlier, I had bought more HDFC bank around 580, sold today at 655 and bought IndusInd at 405. My decision to sell HDFC Bank and buy more IndusInd can be argued upon. But I think that even though IndusInd may go down sharply on negative news, I think it will bounce back strongly. Kaveri- The excellent results of FY13 and the superb research by Donald drew me to this one. Conviction still not very high. A large chunk comes from cotton seeds and any regulatory decision or farmers choosing other crops can dent it. I checked up on PI, Shilpa and Polymed pretty recently. I might decide to shift parts of Kaveri to Polymed/Shilpa after we get the recco on VP portfolio.

Posting an update of current portfolio Sold Kajaria, Unichem, Mayur and HDFC bank. Added more Page, Repco, Avanti, Shilpa and Polymed. Allocation Average Price Hawkins 27 1960 Page 23 3345 Gruh 13 203 Indusind 20 370 Kaveri 8 1485 Repco 3 251 Poly Medicure 2 170 Avanti Feeds 2 230 Shilpa Med 2 190

Posting an update of current portfolio and a note on my recent mistakes/learnings. Sold Kajaria, Unichem, Mayur and HDFC bank. Added more Page, Repco, Avanti, Shilpa and Polymed. Allocation Hawkins 27 Page 23 Gruh 13 Indusind 20 Kaveri 8 Repco 3 Poly Medicure 2 Avanti Feeds 2 Shilpa Med 2 Now coming to the biggest mistakes 1). I sold Mayur at 220 (adjusted) just to see it break that range and move above 260. I realize that I should have held on to it from both fundamental AND technical pov. Looking back, my decision came more out of frustration of it not moving for a long time. I sold it thinking that the depreciating rupee will heavily increase the raw material prices. I read that the risk of forex is offset by increasing exports. I wonder if it gets completely offset because the exports are around 20%. Anyway, even if it doesn’t get offset, I should have held on to it and Mayur would have delivered. It is difficult to find companies like Mayur. 2). Recently, I bought Avanti at 240 (and then at 220). I bought it when it went up from 210 to 240 in a few sessions. At 240, I felt that I will miss the bus if I dont buy now. I need to control the emotions in such situations.

Its been 2 years since I have been investing and thanks to an early exposure to TED and VP, I have been able to do fairly well. Most of the time has gone into cloning and superficial numbers based investing. I plan to try to research companies in detail. Managed to reduce my urge to check the screen 10 times a day. Also building patience to reduce num of transactions, wait to build conviction and bet as per allocation framework Recent PF Stock Avg Allocation Page 3,345 24% Hawkins 2,015 18% Kaveri 309 10% Gruh 201 10% Polymed 310 10% Repco 287 6% VST til 610 6% Shilpa 273 5% Avanti 234 4% Dhanuka 190 4% PI 228 2% Hawkins has been a big drag because of the high allocations. Had recently sold a bit and moved to Shilpa.

Its been 2 years since I have been investing and thanks to an early exposure to TED and VP, I have been able to do fairly well. Most of the time has gone into cloning and superficial numbers based investing. I plan to try to research companies in detail. Managed to reduce my urge to check the screen 10 times a day. Also building patience to reduce num of transactions, wait to build conviction and bet as per allocation framework Recent PF Stock Avg Allocation Page 3,345 24% Hawkins 2,015 18% Kaveri 309 10% Gruh 201 10% Polymed 310 10% Repco 287 6% VST til 610 6% Shilpa 273 5% Avanti 234 4% Dhanuka 190 4% PI 228 2% Hawkins has been a big drag because of the high allocations. Had recently sold a bit and moved to Shilpa.

I have now given up on formatting of the posts. The posts show up without new paragraphs, tables etc. Can someone help me?

Ha ha…same problem at my end too.

So I manually type "

" which is the command for next line.

oops…i did not realise that the software would ignore the " (inverted commas) and actually insert a line. the command is without the spaces. sorry for this unintended error. (hope it displays this time)

Hello Vinay,

Thanks for the solution. :slight_smile: I might at least be able to make a readable post. Also checking with this post that it works

The best way to overcome this problem is to use the table from the toolbar which is available in the formatting options

Hi All,

I need some advice on my portfolio. Recently sold some Page so have a bit of cash. Struggling to choose where to allocate it. Options- Shilpa, Alembic, PI

Repco 22
Ajanta 13
Granules 12
Avanti 11
Gruh, MPS - 8% each
Page 6
PI, Polymed- 4% each
Torrent Pharma 3%
Alembic 2%
Tracking position in Shilpa
Cash= 8%

PI looks to be at good valuations. Shilpa for sure has an excellent future but it looks very expensive to me. I was hoping for a dip but it has rocketed. Alembic valuation too is on slightly higher side.

I think you almost made your mind based for PI based on valuations.If Shilpa is your preferred bet, have patience (most difficult behavioural aspect) and wait for correction as its result should be lumpy and you might get a chance during results OR overall market correction. Anyways, i am in same boat as you on Shilpa zooming

Thanks for the comments Ashish. You are right about patience for Shilpa. It is extremely difficult to sit with cash. Technically, I think shilpa made multiple tops at 1040 and the recent breakout from these was huge. The earlier tops can now act as a support.