Rico Auto Industries Ltd - ROCE to grow + Auto Cycle revival?

I do apologise beforehand as this is not a super detailed DD. I

I found an interesting company by the name of Rico Autos and decided to write down my first thoughts out.

Rico Auto Industries Ltd.

Website BSE: 520008 NSE : RICOAUTO

Sector - Auto Ancillaries | Gruesome, Cyclical business.

Elevator Pitch - Slump in auto cycle, cheap valuations, depressed margins and ROCE which can turn up disproportionately.

Business Overview

• We manufacture and supply world class high precision and fully machined components & assemblies - both Aluminum and Ferrous - to leading OEMs across the Globe for Electric Vehicles, Electrified Vehicles and ICE Engines.
  • Our multiple, flexible, fully integrated production facilities are equipped to offer a complete spectrum of services from Designing to Development of Tools, Casting and Precision Machining and Assembly of Components. Thus making us a Preferred Supplier to the EV & Hybrid Vehicle Market.
  • Aluminum casting, Ferrous casting, Machine and assembly, Dies and molds, Engineering and R&D.
  • The company began supplying EV businesses in 2019. Well poised to take advantage of the EV trend. From 2021 AR -

Variant Perception

• Currently the autos are in a downcycle, we might be poised for a cyclical uptick, with valuations cheap and market at a trough a clear upside can be capitalized upon.
  • Eventual stabilization in RM prices, leading to better margins
  • Margins should reach 11-12% a 400 bps point increase for about 3-5 quarters out from here.
  • A revenue guidance, on a conservative basis of 2400 crores from 1860 crores from FY22.
  • Valuations at a cyclical low as it trades with a market cap of 711 crores. Once margins hit 11-12%, a 0.5x P/S is not unreasonable.
  • Currently business does a ROCE of 6%(Taking CE of Gross block + NWC) which can rise as per my estimates to 12% on the back of higher sales/capital employed and OPM.

Numbers

The 2nd is my rough estimate of where ROCE’s can head from here.
Business trades 0.3x P/S which I believe is undervalued.

Risks

• Company is suscepitble to RM costs(which is the reason for stressed margins). Commodity prices may remain elevated which can lead to bad margins and low ROCE.
  • Business is highly cyclical in nature as end users are Auto OEMs which are dependent on the auto cycle of India.
  • Company makes most of its revenue from a few big clients such as TVS, Hero etc. Like other auto component suppliers it is susceptible to losing a client which can make visible dent in revenues.
  • It is a small cap business with 0 institutional holding. While this is not a business risk, it does mean that the demand for the stock may be low.
  • Company has a Debt profile of 400+ crores which while can be maintained, still poses a minor risk. Interest and depreciation are large cuts in the P&L here.
  • Low ROCE, gruesome business, if the auto cycle goes worse company will be in tough liquidity position.
  • An element of NPM deleveraging not due to unit econ of the business but moreso due to the high Interest and Depreciation costs, a small drop in OPM can magnify the drop in NPM.

Disc - No holdings.

9 Likes

Had posted this today itself in the 52W high thread and post was up for approval - good to see thread started and putting in my points here now.

Rico Auto - close to 52 week high

• Rico is a manufacturer of Aluminium and Ferrous castings for Auto OEMs with clients such as Maruti, Kia, Tata, Honda, Bajaj
  • It serves the CV, PV and 2W industry, with ~77% revenues coming from India

- Fundamentals look good in my opinion as there could be scope for sales growth + margin expansion + valuation expansion if the auto cycle plays out

**Sales growth and Margin expansion guidance from latest con-call **

• Management guiding in latest concall for 25-26% sales growth with FY 23 revenue at 2400 Cr (1860 Cr revenue in FY 22)
  • Management guiding for margin expansion to 11-12% by FY 24, and at least double digit margins in coming quarters. OPM for FY 22 was 8%

Picture1

Potential valuation upside in case guidance is met?

Market Cap to sales currently is still at range lows of 0.3x.

This is still below 10 year median (0.4x sales) and far below peak of last auto cycle (1.3x sales)

Picture2

Disclosure : I am invested and biased

2 Likes

Some additional points from last concall

1. Contribution from PV (48%) + CV (11%) + Exports (7%) and rest 2W

2. 15% of sales in 2W is towards electric - so growth visibility there. New plant for Suzuki also expected to contribute with electric for PV

3. Management mentioned that current capacity can do revenues up to 3000 Cr

Discl : Invested

4 Likes

Hi…

Can any one share current outlook on Rico auto…any one tracking?

Thank you