Request for Information on Indian Companies Involved in Accounting Fraud

Dear ValuePickr Members,

I trust this message finds you well. I am currently conducting research on listed Indian companies suspected of engaging in accounting fraud, specifically financial shenanigans. I am reaching out to seek your valuable insights and recommendations regarding such companies.

If any of you have knowledge about Indian companies that have been involved in accounting fraud, I kindly request you to provide the names of the companies, along with the year in which the incidents occurred. Additionally, if available, please share details on the methods employed or the extent of the fraudulent activities.

Your cooperation in this matter would be greatly appreciated, and your input will contribute significantly to the research. I look forward to receiving your responses and thank you in advance for your assistance.

Note - I already have complied a list of companies that did accounting fraud, please let me know if you have any more companies in addition to this list.

1. Satyam Computer - INE275A01028
  2. Cox and Kings - INE391Z01012
  3. Ricoh India - INE291B01015
  4. IL&FS - INE871D04048
  5. Yes Bank - INE528G01035
  6. C G Power - INE067A01029
  7. DHFL - INE202B01012
  8. Jet Airways - INE802G01018
  9. Bhushan Steel - INE824B01021
  10. Cafe Coffee Day - INE335K01011
  11. RELIGARE - INE621H01010
  12. Kwality - INE775B01025
  13. Manpasand Beverages - INE122R01018
  14. PC Jewelers - INE785M01013 .
  15. Punjab National Bank - INE160A01022
  16. Jaypee Infratech - INE099J01015
  17. Amtek Auto - INE130C01021
  18. DECCAN CHRONICLE HOLDINGS - INE137G01027
  19. Eros International Media Ltd - INE416L01017
  20. Brightcom - INE425B01027

Regards,
Fawaaz.

7 Likes

Rajesh exports
Eki energy
Vedanta
Lanco infra
Vodafone
IVRCL

1 Like

@FawaazTheInvestor
Could you brief us the purpose? Why you are looking for such information? Also give some brief about you on your education / experience etc?

Would you tell us the details of frauds pertaining to Rajesh exports ?

1 Like

@FawaazTheInvestor

Any such study on creative accounting will help investors look for red flags.

I can suggest some sources for more details

1. Within this forum search for firms listed in this topic Forensics and the Art of Triangulation

2. Look at SEBI website on detailed orders, not all related to accounting but you may find some with the benefit of detailed investigation SEBI Orders

3. Look at audit frauds under NFRA NFRA orders

4. Look for Indian reports by Veritas / Nitin Mangal (I have old Veritas reports…Nitin’s reports may have to be bought)

5. Many firms may now no longer be listed and that would also be a great subject of study. From memory I know Geodesic Ltd overplayed its hand (sources all over, I can supply some details), 8K Miles, later renamed Sekure Kloud…there have been discussion on this forum here 8K Miles and a link to an article I had written. There used to be a bank called Global Trust Bank promoted by Ramesh Gelli (if you can find info and share, that would be great)

6. Please go through Moneylife.in, Sucheta Dalal has done yeoman work in talking about many ‘shady’ companies.

All the best and hope we get to see your research once it’s done!

6 Likes

Just went through the video linked by @sudhakar_maradana which analyses Rajesh Exports. The analyst in the video never mentions Rajesh Exports as a fraud company nor does he strongly suggest any wrongdoing. He mostly gives his reasons for not investing in the company with a skin deep analysis of the last annual report. Does not even attempt to analyze the business model or the management quality in detail.

On a lighter note, definitely needs to add a few more colors in his presentation (he only catches the red flags at the moment).

Disc: invested.

What is your rationale for investing in Rajesh exports. ? What according to you is the thing that makes it a good investment opportunity?

1 Like

You can watch you tube video of sahil bhadviya

1 Like

My apologies if I gave the impression that I was recommending Rajesh Exports. I simply disclosed a holding that I had bought almost a decade back. I rarely sell so it’s still there (currently less than 1% of my portfolio). It’s kind of an experiment to see what happens if you simply forget to sell for a long time.

I was simply commenting on the shallowness of a content creator on YouTube. I can put out similar stuff about Tata Motors from their annual reports, but for what use? You never have a perfect company. Everyone is free to believe what they analyze and make decisions based on that.

You need something more to suggest accounting fraud, say a SEBI notice/investigation, directors/auditors resigning, etc.

Let us not hijack this thread. We can take this discussion on the company thread, if there is one.

1 Like

“The term of Mr. Y. Venu Madhava Reddy as independent director was expired on March 31, 2020 and the Company considered appointment Ms. Asha Mehta as independent director in the board meeting held on May 09, 2020. Disclosures of the said expiry of term and appointment were required to be made within 24 hours of happening of events, however the disclosures of said expiry of terms and appointment were made with considerable delay on October 06, 2021.”
They changed independent director and informed exchange after 1year and were disclosing financials regularly.

Check the thread on other irregularities related to Rajesh Exports.

https://twitter.com/BeatTheStreet10/status/1751905681199005991

Varanium cloud is also suspected of these. You can check that

1 Like