Report problems in the new platform here

In old VP composing, was able to directly paste table from word file exactly as it is, but that seems to be absent in new compose…is there a way out for this ???

Hi,

For the comments posted, in the old forum, we use the see the date. The new forum only gives the number of days old. Can we have the date of the post too. Thank You.

There was forum for cyclicals which covered about sugar sector. I am unable to find it. Could you help?

Roberto

@vinayca Yeah, the option of changing the username is disabled. The new platform uses a couple of different services which are tightly integrated through the username.

In rare cases where the user needs to change the username, such as in cases where username has been renamed during migration, they may request the @adminph2 for the change. Admin may manually change the username in that case.

Hope that helps.

New platform doesn’t handle the raw html and tables. This is due to prevent the high security XSS attacks. As an alternative you can attach the word/excel document. In case of Excel, the table data is automagically converted to an image on pasting the data in the compose box.

The number of days is shown only in case of recent replies (upto 1 week). For older replies, the date is shown. You can still get the exact date and time of the post by bringing the mouse over the 3h or 1d text.

The post is available here: Sugar Cycles: 7-8 years of losses followed by 2-3 years of super gains!

Anyone knows how to take print out OR make PDF of the posts ?

Hi Sandriano,

It will take some time for Admin to add the sub-categories under main categories.

In the meanwhile, anyone who can’t see any earlier thread readily, just click on search icon ( top right near profile thumbnail. Just typing “sugar” or “cyclical” will show up posts that are tagged with sugar or has sugar as a keyword in thread title, etc.

Search function works beautifully. Its quick and effective.

You said

does this also work of Libreoffice Spreadsheet.

Thanks @pratyushmittal. That really helps.

Hi
Thanks for making this site very user friendly , Great Job.
However ,The email nottifications have suddenly stopped working though its maintained in user preferences . Can you please look into this.

No Gaurav, it might not work with Libreoffice as it does not provide the image itself. In that case the best option would be to attache the file through upload button or insert the copied text as quote (by pressing ctrl+k).

It should be working fine now. We went over the server limits of the outbound emails :).

the mobile version doesnt properly work on opera classic mobile, Uc browser. the layout gets disrupted. can u please look into it. i am using android 2.3

I changed my email in my profile twice but didn’t receive the email as suggested…

@pratyushmittal-the mobile version doesnt properly work on opera classic mobile, Uc browser. the layout gets disrupted. can u please look into it. i am using android 2.3

I use Chrome on Windows 8; the logout button doesn’t work for me. Not a big problem though!

Kudos for such an amazing platform…

One quick suggestion : Whenever there is an external link to be opened, the link open in the same tab rather than opening in a new tab. Although we have an option via right click and open in new tab but due to old habits one ends up making a left click.

This results into new link opening in the same tab and one need to then scroll among the threads…This becomes cumbersome especially if you are accessing old threads

Hi @pratyushmittal,

I changed my email id in the profile twice but didn’t receive the email as suggested so effectively I’m not able to change my email id. Could you please look into the issue?

Thanks.

My first post… Request for an enhancement in the platform…Would it better if the latest posts for a forum topic is shown on top as the first post and then one can scroll down to see older ones ?

With current format, especially for topics with hundreds of replies, one needs to scroll down pages together to look for the latest updates (when in 3G, we end up downloading all the older replies before reaching to the latest one ;-))

This would be a great feature to have if its feasible to implement with minimal changes to the wonderful platform you folks have created.

Jumping to latest post:
Just press the End button after clicking on a new thread. This does not load all the posts, but skips ahead. Similarly, if you are already at the last post, the Home will take you quickly to the first post. We could improve this later through plugins and user preferences