Renaissance Jewellery

Buddy, you are too naive to be investing in equity markets. I don’t belong to the camp of desktop and excel-sheet investors, which to my mind looks like you are. Would urge you to go out and talk to unorganised dealers and understand the impact of GST on their business. I have been speaking to many unorganised jewellers in multiple cities and the unanimous view is that market share shift is towards Organised players. While I do understand that being a retail investor you might not have access to the management of listed companies, the least you can do is attend the conference calls of listed jewellery players. This has been an often repeated observation in multiple conference calls that the market share will shift decisively due to obvious reasons. I don’t see any reason for depending on “noises/ chatter” here. Get going to the real markets mate to come up with your own independent observation. Lazy investing will not lead you anywhere.

On a side note, I have had the privilege of meeting the managements of a couple of very large south Indian jewellery players and both agreed that the shift to organised is going to only accelerate going forward. The anticipated market share gains is one of the primary reasons for the expanding valuation multiples of these guys in the last 1 year.
I have categorically mentioned in my post that I am not casting any allegations on this company. Would request to re-read my post carefully. But this is a very large trend I see in the market currently and if you know how this business is done on the ground, you will understand what I am alluding to.

Hi, Since you have more on the ground experience with respect to this sector, can you throw some light on Lypsa gems, if you track that and if yes what is your take on that.

I was looking at Lypsa gems for sometime. The reason why I got interested was the way they were cutting down the debt and it is available at P/E <4. I was inspired by Mohnish Pabrai’s low P/E stocks with high uncertainty. Also when the BSE filings showed that in November and first week of Decemeber the promoters bought 5000 and 5000 shares, I was more curious.
Their website didn’t even have AR or investor presentation. I had to get all of these from the BSE website. When I read their annual report. I cannot seem to understand what they are doing. They are focussed on becoming debt free which is a good idea. But then how are they repaying the debt is a mystery. For e.g. last year their CFO is only 2.35 Cr where as they have repaid close to 8 Cr. The last 2 Qtrs they seem to have done well. PAT is ~14Cr. But then last year also they had 20Cr PAT but only 2.35 Cr CFO

There is no growth visibility from whatever I could understand most of their revenue is trading Diamonds (65%). They are getting few orders from UAE. They are focussing on moving toward high margin business, which is good but they have been ignoring the top line growth. Plan is to be more retail focussed by opening 1 store and expand to 5 stores. Domestic business they want to be in two segments : a high end with Oropel and low end with Atelier brands. For opening stores they have estimated a 10Cr capex.

How well they execute is the biggest question. How they are repaying debt is a mystery. I tried calling their Investor relationship cell and nobody picked.

Only one broker Joindre Capital has published a report. The company has sent it to BSE. To me that is a red flag. May be they are paying the broker to write the report

Thanks vjames for highlighting crucial points, would writing an email to the company should help.
The silver lining in my opinion is the promoters buying shares since last qtr on a regular basis.

Disc : Invested in Lypsa

Completely agree with this point. Jewellery, RE and any other business dealing with “black economy” are slowly trying to bring the hidden part on their books. Many in SME sector are under this process currently.

Regards,
Suhag

Hi @vjames, I hv been trying to get their ARs, if you have it in soft form, can you please share ?

http://www.bseindia.com/stock-share-price/stockreach_annualreports.aspx?scripcode=534532&expandable=0

2 Likes

Company has a Rs. 213crs contingent liability from customs department, of which nothing has been provided for. Couldn’t find any provisions for this in the FY17 AR

Is any one tracking this company?
Not much information seems to be available on internet for this company.

Key Highlights from Sharekhan:
Renaissance Global (RGL) is aiming to transform itself into a high-margin branded
business by growing contribution of licensed brands and increasing sales through D2C
model. The company’s OPM would rise to 9-10% by FY2024 from 5-6% earlier. Further
higher contribution from D2C and retail branded sales would help working capital
improve, thereby boosting cash flow generation and substantially improve the return
profile. The company expects to turn net cash positive by FY23.
Š Transforming into branded play through strategic initiative: Launch of new brands and
the rising trend of online shopping have led to a large shift towards branded jewellery
globally. Sensing this as an opportunity, RGL plans to increase the contribution of its
branded business through higher sales of licensed brands and increase sales through
the direct-to-customer (D2C) channel. In line with its strategy, it added six licensed
brands in FY21 and will add more brands in near future, entered into tie up with the
second-largest Chinese retailer – Lao Feng Xiang and the recently-acquired USbased jewellery company Everyday Elegance to scale-up its D2C business.
Š Margin expansion to boost earnings growth: Business to business (B2B) sales of
licensed brands and sales through D2C channel are expected to clock a CAGR of 32%
and 67%, respectively over FY2021-24. An increase in contribution of high-margin
businesses would help OPM improve to 9-10% in FY2024 from 5-6% earlier. This along
with reduction in debt would help earnings to post a CAGR of 51% over FY2021-24.
Š Balance sheet to strengthen; return profile to improve: Higher sales of licensed
brands through retail channel and D2C channel require lesser working capital, which
will help company to generate cumulative free cash flows of Rs. 478 crore over
FY2021-24. RoE and RoCE will improve to 14.2% and 16.1% respectively in FY2024.

1 Like

This company for me is a dark horse.i really like the management .they are really focusing on the branded business in usa and acuiring new branding licences.one key aspect to watch is their debt.i would like the company to lower it’s debt which they plan to after fy23.

RENAISSANCE GLOBAL LIMITED AND NETFLIX ANNOUNCE STRATEGIC LICENSING
AGREEMENT TO OFFER NETFLIX’S SERIES INSPIRED BRANDED FINE JEWELLERY

Microsoft Word - RGL CORRESPONDENCE - 2022 (renaissanceglobal.com)

Interesting article from Cognsegic Business intelligence on global online Jewellery market, it’s expected to grow from 40 Billion USD in 2022 to 113 Billion USD in 2030 with CAGR of 13.8%.

The Renaissance is also one the player in the space:

=============================================================

My Observations:

The Company is changing , the management is restructuring the business, they are now focusing more on high-margin D2C segment (direct to customers) and branded jewellery.
They are able to achieve 92% CAGR over last two years in the D2C segment,
The branded jewellery segment is heling in achieving high D2C growth which will eventually lead to improvement in the OPM.
They are trying to improve the position in global branded jewellery by partnering with Marvel, Disney and NFL (National Football League, USA).
RGL acquired the the rights of Enchanted Disney Fine Jewelry in 2019 and then the company signed agreements with Hallmark, Star Wars and Disney Treasures.

In January 2022, RGL announced a licensing agreement with the US National Football League - NFL. Through this agreement, Renaissance and the NFL will collaborate to design a unique branded jewellery collection using NFL intellectual property.
With the success of licensed jewellery on their online portals, RGL is poised to become a leader in the Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) business.

The D2C growth in the recent past:

By tying-up with global brands like Disney, NFL, Netflix they are trying to attract the younger generation of the consumer. for example, the management said, ‘villain jewellery’ contributes about 40% of sales, these designs are inspired by inspired by drama, magic, and mystery of Disney’s most glamorous villains. Consumers seek products that connect with them on an emotional as well as aesthetic level. For instance, the black rose in the Maleficent Disney Villain ring that we have crafted, symbolises rebirth and new beginnings. There is a strong preference for established brands because of the trust factor.
During the pandemic time to reachout to customers, the company has launched five D2C websites for in the international markets: Enchanted Disney Fine Jewelry (www.enchantedfinejewelry.com); Star Wars Fine Jewelry (www.starwarsfinejewelry.com); Hallmark Fine Jewelry (www.hallmarkfinejewelry.com); Made For You (www.diamondsmadeforyou.com); and Jewelili (www.jewelili.com).

For the period April to December 2021, the D2C business more than doubled (+123%) to ₹ 94.3 crore compared to ₹ 42.3 crore a year earlier.

Company also says they are getting more demand on customised jewellery segment. The customers can create their own digital designs using the options and tools available through the company’s website. This also lead to reduced working capital and reduced inventory as it’s made on the order basis.

IRASVA:
This brand is launched in India, it’s online and store, provides omni-channel experince service. The stores are opened in Mumbai and hydrabad.

Over the 25 years the company has transformed from pure B2B player to integrated branded jewellery player with licenses from iconic global brands along with online and physical store

Some of threats:

1. Higher inflation rate, reduced consumer demand in developed market where the company has major presence (though company says it affects only certain segment in the business - high affluent class section may not affected)

2. Risk of concentration on single market USA.

3. B2B vertical depends on the strategies of the partners/B2B customers.

4. Capital intensive business.

Financial Summery:

Balance Sheet:

Valuation:
Valuation looks good: trading at P/E of 10.8
P/B of 0.93

disclosure:
Not Invested, started tracking.

3 Likes

Anyone holding this stock would like to connect with u .

Q3 FY24 concall
Price Increase of 20-25% for D2C Biz
High demand of Lab grown Diamond in US Market
96% Export Biz linked to US Inflation data.
Going to open new stores in india.
Management confidence about 20-25% cager growth.

2 Likes