Rebalancing ideas on my portfolio

Hello everyone, i have been actively investing in direct equity since 2013, while i have been in the process of learning and gaining evaluation skills of my own, i always welcome criticism and contradiction… Today i would like opinions of the wonderful members of valuepicker to share their insights on my portfolio…
1.Kridhan Infra …average buy price 116… 20 percent allocation
2.gnfc … Average buy price 458…16percent allocation
3.jindal saw… Average buy price 86…7percent allocation
4.kalyani steel… Average buy price 74…12percent allocation
5.ptc india… Average buy price 103…7percent allocation
6.tata power… Average buy price 62…31percent
7.bls international…average buy236…7percent

The percentage are based on investment amount and not on the total market value, since scrips like kalyani steel is very old investment, so is tata power, rest are very recent…
I have a longer term view on my investments in excess of 5 years, and i prefer not to exceed more than 8 stocks at any point of time… Present looking for dips to invest in ajmera realty, virinchi, dilip buildcon, sankhya info in descending order of preference…

Please extend your remarks to improve on the current allocations or add on to newer ideas if applicable…
Thanks you all…

1 Like

%age allocation based on current MKT value may be a better measure.

According to current market value…
1.kridhan infra…avg buy…116/cmp122.8…7.65%
2.gnfc…avg buy 458/cmp 497…7.44%
3.jindal saw…86/154…6.64%
4.kalyani steel…74/366…33.88%
5.ptc india…103/111…1.22%
6.tata power…62/89…42.82%
7.bls international…236/236…0.45%

Don’t know if good or bad, anil sardana MD of your largest holding tata power resigned today…any specific reason for such large skew towards tata power

1 Like

Yea i noted mr.sardanas resignation… A fine man which terrific vocational skills and managerial capacity… No reason known except the cause to be personal…
Anyways, in 2016 post demo, i wanted to invest a large some in a large cap with good management and bad state of balance sheet, found out tata power… And all the growth potential possible you must already know of…

Tata power has a strategic division which possibly might work with Indian defense for major upgrades… I am not sure but if it happens than it will be a multi billion dollar

1 Like