MMP Industries 1.23% 52%
Kovai Medical 1.13% 2%
Sakar Healthcare 1.11% 17%
Niyogin Fintech 1.06% 3%
RACL Geartech < 1% 84%
Banka Bioloo < 1% -2%
Sparc Electrex < 1% 2%

Long Term Holdings: PPFAS, Greenpanel, L&T, Ion Exchange, RACL Geartech
(These stocks are the ones where my first buying has been over 365 days old. Depending upon the stock, I may or may not have added thereafter)

Rationale for the changes

Short notes on additions

1. Vindhya Telelinks: Can this be a beneficiary of fiberisation capex (or) am I late to the party?

2. Banka Bioloo: Railway capex | Promoter seems okay | Worth researching

3. Niyogin Fintech: The management looks very interesting

4. Sparc Electrex: Yet to have a view

5. Tata Motors: I needed cash so I sold TATA motors and before I could re-enter, the demerger started causing a rally. Nevertheless, I re-entered within a few days. I think I forgot to mention this in the last update

Short Notes on Exits

1. SKF India: Nothing wrong with business but wanted the cash. The valuation didn’t made me worry much before selling.

2. DCM Shriram: I was divided initially - ultimately, I chose to stick to the basics and exited
** Why I wanted to hold: The commentatory (via A.R) is very +ve. I do feel that they can receive orders - there is enough data for me to think in this direction. Secondly, if the sugar cycle kicks in, the business could be re-rated. Lastly, at my buying price there wasn’t much probability to lose big.
** Why I was unsure to hold: Commentary in the A.R. has always been positive for the last few years but where’s the execution/output?!! As an investor, I am unsure of the stage of ongoing defense projects. Defense projects are time-taking, but it’s not like there are no businesses with more transparent management and better execution.

DCM didn’t offer me enough data to increase allocation - not even the clarity of when I could have some clarity. The allocation was going to be insignificant soon. At this point, I had been asking questions to myself - Should I be patient? Do I have conviction in the management? etc.

Ultimately, I realized that a ~1% holding wasn’t worth the trouble - especially since there were enough opportunities and thus, I exited. I was sitting on 60ish% kind of returns with < 1 year of investment - so still happy.

Going forward

Will need to work on the following areas:

1. Backtracking inconsistencies: My lower end of the portfolio has been very inconsistent. I think I have picked up this behavior post Covid but not very sure. In any case, I will be testing out a few strategies to figure out a solution here. Example: Sold SKF → re-entered → Sold again within few months

2. Time constraints: Leisure time continues to be less than before and will be even less over the next few quarters.

Disclaimer: I may be or may not be invested in some of the stock names that I have mentioned here. The information shared here is my personal view and I may be biased/wrong and change my views without informing anyone. This is not a Buy/Sell recommendation. Please do your own research or consult your financial advisor.

1 Like