Ion ex
Pix
Pitti
Racl

2 Likes

Astec life - march 2023 credit rating

Good insights

Hi Pragnesh ji,

Any fresh entries that you would recommend now?

Thanks
Ramanjan

I think these are available at reasonable valuation and we can buy for long term perspective

Astec
Apcotex
Beta
Carysil
Ganesha
Hindware
Ion ex
Pix
Pitti
Racl

2 Likes

@Pragnesh yess…RACL & Beta are at very reasonable price seeing their growth prospects…

What’s your view on Mold Tech Packaging & Vijaya Diagnostics …have you ever thought of taking position in any of them…

I am already invested in moldtek pack.

I dont tract vijaya diagnostics.

Grauer and weil

Patience ,patience and patience

When many stocks were skyrocketing in post covid era, this stock had gone no where.

At that time(2021-2022) ,i had frequent temptations to switch over to other stocks.

Lets see,

I had bought grauer at avg price @Rs 53 in july 2018
In 2021 grauer@ Rs 60
So in 3 yrs it has given 4% cagr retutn

I had bought moldtek pack in july 2019@Rs 250
In 2021 moldtek was@ around 700.

There were plenty of stocks which had given huge return in these 2- 3 yrs.

If i had sold grauer and bought moldtek pack, then i had mediocre return as moldtek rose from 700 to 950 while grauer rose from 60 to 117.

So ,

1…Never sell your stock considering 2-3 yrs result.
Many stocks give flat result for 2-3 yrs

2…Never switch over to other stocks considering price movement.

Switch over to other stock only when you find better opportunity.

(But it is rare ,EVERYONE LOVE RISING STOCKS AND HAT FALLING STOCKS WHEN THE STOCKS ARE SKY ROCKETING IN EUPHORIC BULLISH MARKET)

In april 2023 grauer is Rs 117

So Cagr return is @ 17.50%

Courtesy of 100 baggers book

2 Likes

H Pragnesh…no positive movement in moldtek pack since long…r u adding moldtek pack at current price…

I had added 2 months back

It is in consolidation phase

Stock may not move for years .
But we have to track fundaments , not stock price

In last one and half yrs, i added my own stocks and at present also adding same stocks during this consolidation phase

I consider 2 things while buying my own stocks

1…Mcap (at the time of repeat buy) <5000cr
2…P/E ratio (at the time of repeat buy) @15-35

I dont buy my own stocks whose mcap and P/E ratio dont fullfill these criteria.

Overall, i had added 30-50% same stocks in last one and half yrs.

Overall strategy is

1…To make concentrated portfolio.
(Buying same stocks ,if fundaments are intact) and

2…Dont sell for minor reasons or few bad quarters.

I am hardcore fan of book 100 baggers and book gives idea of investing in same stock for 20- 25 yrs, if fundaments are intact(If i can hold for even 10 yrs, i will be thankful to author, let’s see)

I had finished 6 yrs in market and did not sell 90% of my stocks. This strategy worked very well for me.

I had two advantages from this strategy

A…I am not distracted from my primary profession

-As i dont need to watch daily movement of stocks
-I dont need to study stocks daily. I moitor fundaments and results thrice a year
-I dont need to study 1000 stocks as i m betting my own stocks

B…I think, at the end this simple strategy(concentrated portfolio+lon term investment) gives overall good return

=However, i am giving huge time and study before buying any stock.

7 Likes

When do you exit a stock? What have been those 10% cases where you sold the stock?
Also, if you hold a stock for 20/25 years, chances are that the valuation will run up a lot. Are you comfortable holding a stock that has a PE of ~100 or do you sell when the valuation becomes that high?

1-For me ,it is very difficult to time exit.
When fundaments deteriorate, results are poor for continuous 2-3 yrs, then i will exit

-Franlly speaking ,at present it is big enigma for me

2…If you read my initial posts, i have exited from my few early stocks which were bought by mistakes like 8k mile, dhfl, skipper etc with loss.

3…If you read 100 baggers and book on philip fisher, they advise

"DURING JOURNEY OF STOCK LIFE, THERE WILL BE MULTIPLE TIMES WHEN ITS P/E RATIO WILL BE MUCH MUCH HIGHER AND VALUATION WILL BE VERY HIGH.

But they dont advise for selling stocks on high pe

There are only and only 3 reasons for sell as per these books

1…If fundaments deteriorate
2…If stock was purchased by mistake
3…Good opportunity available.

=But as per these authors, good opportunity may be misnomer or rarely available because most people like rising stock and people hate falling stock.

So people will switchover from their holding stock to rising stock

So, as per these authors High P/e is not reason for selling stock.However, contrary to this approach, Pteter lynch advise for selling on high p/e ratio.

Let’s develop our own investment philosophy

2 Likes

How about doing a mix of the two? Selling the invested capital with some returns and letting the rest be until something goes wrong with the fundamentals.

Many people do like this. They sell and safe their invested capital just for mental satisfaction. So that even market crashes, they have secured their invested capital.

However, no single book which i have read mentioned this strategy.

I think , this formula will significantly affect compounding.I have never tried this technique of selling and securing invested capital.

2 Likes

Selling an investment without a solid reason may not be an optimal strategy, as the capital obtained from the sale can either be :

1. Held in cash and lose value due to inflation, or
  2. Reinvested with potentially lower risk/reward resulting in lower returns on one’s net worth, or
  3. Reinvested with similar or higher risk/reward, but incurring capital gains taxes which can diminish returns.

All options, therefore, are worse than remaining invested. It is therefore far better to remain invested unless there is a good reason to sell.

3 Likes

I may be wrong but at current valuations most stocks seem overpriced or hard to find,I try to maintain a core portfolio stock which i have been holding on for the last 2 to 3 years and also kept a separate swing trading portfolio where i also hold goldbees and sell to take advantage of small correction that has been happening in last 1.5 years.It has worked well till now but i still feel i might be wrong as if and when a bull market or rally happens and forms a strong base i might loose out money i could have kept in the market.

2 Likes

Hi @Pragnesh sir, can we accumulate ASTEC at the current price? What are you views?

Any stock that you recommend we should accumulate now?

Thanks in advance
Ramanjan

I think u can still buy from these companies having PE<30.

Dont buy companies having pe>30-35 at any cost.

Astec
Apcotex
Beta
Carysil
Ganesha
Hindware
Ion ex
Pix
Pitti
Racl

Hi @Pragnesh sir, how is Jubiliant Pharmova stock for buying at this juncture? The chart looks great to me. Your views on fundamentals? Thanks in advance!