Portfolio Review and suggestions

Hi All

I’m having below stocks in my portfolio for long term (10 years minimum)
Allocation

ITC
Dr Reddy
Bharti Airtel
ICICI Lombard
Hdfc life
Pidilite
Lupin
Biocon
Asian paints
Hcl technologies
Tech Mahindra
ICICI prudential
Titan
Mahindra & Mahindra
UNITED SPIRITS
Syngene international
Icici securities
Cdsl
Cams
Tata consumer
IRCTC
Bata
Tata Motors
Natco pharma
Laurus labs

My aim is to achieve 15%+ cagr. Kindly suggest

1 Like

Dear Pranay,

You have around 25 stocks in your Portfolio, do you have time to monitor quaterly results & happening in these many companies, if yes then Okay, otherwise you can reduce your holding to around 15 stocks. For that , for example you can reduce your pharma holding from 6 to 2. Similarly, for other businesses where expected returns are similar , you can choose few out of them.

Your stock selection is decent, your entry price , allocation percentage & holding period will decide the outcome. Good luck.

1 Like

I think 25 stocks are too much, although your stock selection is decent. I think you can consider exiting Syngene(promoters are reducing stakes), CDSL(government business plus competition from NSDL), CAMS(it would be better to directly buy an AMC firm like HDFC AMC), TATA Consumer(not a frontline FMCG firm, better options available), Bharti(heavy competition from Jio), IRCTC(PSU, operator driven/very volatile stock), M&M(commercial vehicles have less quicker recovery than 4w and 2w). Also, you can consider exiting both HCL Tech and Tech Mahindra and simply buy the leader TCS instead. Also, in case you consider moral ethics as a part of your investment decision you may want to exit ITC and United Spirits. Also, as this appears to be a large cap focused portfolio, it is probably incomplete without HDFC Bank and Nestle. You could also replace Bata with Relaxo. You have too many pharma names-you can probably narrow down and exit a couple of pharma stocks. Lastly, do your own independent research before making any changes. Hope this helps.
Disclosure: holding HDFC Bank, Nestle, Relaxo, HDFC AMC

1 Like