Portfolio for monthly SIP [5 year time horizon]

Hi,

I am planning to stop my mutual fund monthly SIPs and instead start investing directly into a basket of NIFTY50/ Bluechip stocks on a monthly basis keeping in mind a timeframe of minimum 5 years. Please let me know your views on following portfolio and if these set of companies look balanced with a good outlook for next 5-10years.

Reliance - 15%
TCS - 12.5%
Bajaj Finserv - 12.5%
HDFC Bank - 10%
HDFC Life - 10%
HUL - 10%
ITC - 10%
Asian Paints - 10%
Pidilite - 10%

There were a few stocks which I was thinking to add (such as Bajaj Finance, Infosys, Britannia, United Breweries, IRCTC, ICICI Pru Life, Coromandel, Nippon AMC, Amara Raja Batteries) however, didn’t add them because then monthly contribution would get very low given the higher no. of stocks. Hence would be of great help if you could let me know if any of these stocks which I left out are worth replacing the stocks selected.

I have deliberately excluded pharma and auto sector because I feel that recent crisis has turned valuation of most of the pharma companies very expensive and they might not see much growth in next 5years. Auto sector might take some time to recover and many companies in coming years might have to pivot their business model completely to tackle EV and other environmental regulations hence I am not too optimistic here. However, open to suggestions for some good pharma companies or Auto companies with EV focus.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Better you can go for icici direct golden portfolio

Bajaj Finserv already gives u exposure to Bajaj Finance. Nd it comes wid holding co. discount and exposure to nascent but growing Insurance businesses as well.

Not sure how u manage it, but better to assemble and hold a diversified set of IT and Pharma cos. and consider them as a single investment each. These businesses are strengths of Indian industry and vl provide reasonable return and safety to ur portfolio. Maybe a way to go abt it vl be reduce some monthly amount and thn buy set of top IT nd Pharma stocks every 6 months or do