Portfolio- Abhiraj

Dear Boarder’s,

I have been a silent member here for quite a while now and have been following few distinct threads and fellow boarders. No doubt these have helped me to gain perspective, conviction and develop instinct to sail the turbulent times.
With quite a correction in the markets recently, I have taken out quite a bit of money and looking for correct the opportunity-time. I would like views from fellow boarders on my portfolio (with allocation %).

EDELWEISS FINANCIAL SERVICES L 1%
GENERAL INSURANCE CORP INDIA 1%
RBL BANK LIMITED 2%
SBI LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LTD 4%
ASIAN GRANITO INDIA LIMITED 2%
SHANKARA BUILDING PRODUCTS LTD 1%
TITAN COMPANY LIMITED 1%
WONDERLA HOLIDAYS LTD 2%
HEXAWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD 1%
INTELLECT DESIGN ARENA LIMITED 5%
TATA ELXSI LIMITED 10%
PVR LIMITED 4%
COAL INDIA LIMITED 7%
TATA STEEL LIMITED 7%
CAPACITE INFRAPROJECTS LTD 1%
AUROBINDO PHARMA LTD 4%
GRANULES INDIA LIMITED 13%
HEALTHCARE GLOBAL ENTP LTD 4%
LUPIN LIMITED 6%
SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES 12%
SNOWMAN LOGISTICS LIMITED 5%
ADITYA BIRLA FASHION & RTL LTD 5%

Being a novice in the market would request how to develop long term portfolio with conviction.

Hi, most stocks seem fine but allocation dont.
A stock with a 13% allocation in a downtrend cycle aand many decent ones at 1%.
1% bets show lack of confidence and i have done it for 2 years. It wont create wealth. Its better to not put money than putting 1-2% as it gives false confidence on upmoves but in actual sense yu hardly make money.
Yu may ustd it with experience, i myslef struggle with it a lot.
As i learnt try to list ur stocks in descending order of conviction. Allocate max in the top 10 or 15. Avoid rest. If yu want to track buy 1-2 stocks but not 1-2%.
Hope it helps
PS : i own RBL BANK in small quantity.
All the best

I feel like ur portfolio has very high exposure to pharma 30% where there are all kind of issues

1. Pricing pressure in USA due to increase in competition
  2. USFDA issues
    Even I also started my initial portfolio with a very high exposure to pharma and I reduced it. Once I understood the business models of pharma I felt more like this is a commodity business as most of Indian pharma offer generic products and one can survive only if ur a low cost manufacturer and maintain quality standards as per FDA Norms
1 Like

Better u buy mutual fund than this portfolio.

2 Likes

Put up your investment thesis for each of your portfolio picks. Till then the thread remains locked.