Point & Figure Charting

Hi Tony,

What is your view on Gruh Finance. The stock, after making an all time high, has fallen more than 10% of its high. Is it the right time to accumulate or should we wait for some more time.

Rgds

Vijay

Hi Tony, could you please provide TA on Titan - a good entry point perspective. Thanks!

Hello Tony

I am a newbie here can u plz explain how to determine a good entry point (p&f chart)in general and say Somany ceramics ,Resistance is at 155Support 134.124 should i wait till the price hits 155 .

thanks again

should i wait for double top breakout.

Hello Jagbir,

Nice question although I see you for the first time. I too had a similar query of my own. My answer to this is simple. If you are interested in any stock, note down the closing reading of CCI every day. From that you will know if CCI is rising or falling. Example, If P I Industries’ CCI yesterday was -205 and today it is -175, it shows that the trend of CCI is changing. When it nears -100, that is the time to enter the stock. You may not get the best price, but your entry will always be better than what it would have been.

Tony

You can see the CCI has fallen to -205. As soon as the CCI begins to reverse, you may begin your purchases if you are a BUYER in the stock.

Hi Vijay,

Gruh Finance (260)

On the PnF charts, the stock made a double top at 280 and now is on a pull back. This is the time to evaluate whether you want to BUY the stock or not. If the fundamentals have not change then one can initiate a BUY if you are comfortable with the price. On the chart the stock has support at 240-230. It has resistance at 280.

On the candle sticks the RSI is falling and at 48 and CCI is at -22 but showing a slight sign of turning. It has support at 259-250-230.

Good stocks are always good on dips.

Tony

Dear Tony

I know it is too late in the day and kind of silly to ask now. But from the link I could find in your thread, I am not able to find out the RSI and CCI of the stock. Where do I find that? Please bear with me for asking!!

Regards

Titan (218)

On the Point and Figure chart the stock has given a Sell signal and in the O column. There is support at 215-210-205. Resistance is at 235 and 270.

On the candle sticks, the stock has support at 218. The RSI is 21 and in oversold territory. The CCI too is oversold at -104. The chances are for the stock to take support here and bounce back again. As the stock is trading below the 200 day EMA, the stock is weak.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Could you TA- Bluestar, Symphony & NIIT Tech

thanks

Hi Tony,

Inspired from your posts on forum, I have started learning technical analysis. Could you please clarify on how tointerpretthe RSI/CCI indicators at breakpoints.As seen from attachment, Naukri stock has given bumper returns froom break at sub 400 levels, but at this point RSI=81.34 and CCI=331.46.

Somany (127)

The stock is in the O column and on a Sell signal. It will make a Double Bottom at 118 where it made a Double Top earlier or at 110 where another Double Bottom will be made. At this point the Bullish Support Line is located. Any fall below this will weaken the stock. Entry points could be between 110-118.

On 11th December 2013 CCI cut -100 from below. The closing price was 94. This was the time to BUY the stock. On 17 January the CCI cut the +100 from top. The closing price was 129. This was the time to SELL the stock if you were a trader. Now the CCI is at 52 and trending lower. Stock is trading above 25 Day EMA since September 2013. Therefore the stock should get good support at around 118.

Tony

,Resistance is at 155Support

Dear Ashwin,

It is better not to pretend you know something. As for me it is not at all a silly question but a very relevant question. Every query is relevant and important.

As for RSI and CCI you have to go to the top left hand corner of the chart. Go to Lower Indicators and scroll down. Mark a tick in the box against RSI and Commodity Channel Index and update your chart in candle sticks.

Hope this solves your problem.

Tony

Hi Hardtoget,

BLUESTAR (159)

The stock made a double bottom at 155 earlier and is on a Sell signal. It now has support at 136-132. Below 145 the stock will be weak with change in trend. Resistance is at 180.

On the candle sticks, the RSI is at 52 and CCI is -5. On CCI it is oversold and hence a slight bounce back can be expected. It will have resistance at 159 where it is currently placed. Support exists in the range of 156-159.

Tony

SYMPHONY (418)

The stock is in the X column and on a BUY signal. Resistance is at 440 and 470. Support is at 390-350-340.

On the candle sticks, the RSI which is at 64 and CCI at 81 are trending upwards. Expect the price to move up further in the coming days. It has supports at 412-409-400 and 364.

Tony

NIIT TECH (402)

The stock is on a BUY signal and in X column. It made a double top at 390 and gave a break out to touch 420. Currently on a pull back. It has support at 390-360 and strong support at 320. Resistance is at 420.

On the candle sticks, it has support at 375-354-303. RSI is at 60 and CCI at 134 but falling downwards. Expect some lower prices in the short term till CCI starts moving up once again.

Tony

Thanks tony

Vishal,

I interpret the RSI as below:

When RSI is below 30 it is in oversold territory, and when it exceeds 70 or more it is in overbought territory. So one should buy when it is oversold and sell when it is in overbought territory.

As for CCI, when the CCI line cuts the -100 blue line from below it is time to BUY and when the CCI line cuts the +100 red line from top it is time to sell.

Example:

http://chartink.com/stocks/naukri.html Link: http://chartink.com/stocks/naukri.html

Take your cursor to 2nd September 2013. On this day the CCI cut the -100 line from below. At this point, the price of the stock was 297. If you would have continued to hold the stock till 24th January 2014, when the CCI cut the +100 from top, you would have noticed that the closing price was 524. Just in less than 5 months a gain of 227.

Now if you are an investor, you can make good entry and exits by closing studying the CCI along with the RSI. You will also notice that the RSI was in oversold and overbought territories on the dates mentioned above.

The CCI is the better indicator, because it gives you an advance warning while the RSI gives similar warning but a little later.

Hope I am able to help you.

Tony

tointerpretthe breakpoints.As

Dear Tony

I am just about getting a grasp of Point and Finger charting and levels. I still can’t figure out the “CCI cut -100 under from below and +100 from top” jargon. Is there any literature you can send to ashpat592@gmail.com if it is required? Or you can explain a PI industries or Aurobindo pharma chart as if you are explaining to a dummy.Basically there is bar chart and a couple of graphs with markers and lots of colored boxes and indicators and parameters (may be you don’t need most of them) and I just got lost somewhere.I may not asked a lots of guys this question, but I looked through this thread to see if I can spot anything remotely sounding like rude or impatient from your side and and I hope this won’t be a first ?!!

Hi Tony,

i am trying to understand charts.

in this example, on Oct 4th, CCI touched red line at 320, that is sell signal i suppose?

had we sold on that day, we might have missed the peak. how to handle this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

http://chartink.com/stocks/naukri.html Link: http://chartink.com/stocks/naukri.html

Hi Tony,

Thanks for detailed reply. I will study more examples & make my understanding better.

Vishal,

I interpret the RSI as below:

When RSI is below 30 it is in oversold territory, and when it exceeds 70 or more it is in overbought territory. So one should buy when it is oversold and sell when it is in overbought territory.

As for CCI, when the CCI line cuts the -100 blue line from below it is time to BUY and when the CCI line cuts the +100 red line from top it is time to sell.

Example:

Take your cursor to 2nd September 2013. On this day the CCI cut the -100 line from below. At this point, the price of the stock was 297. If you would have continued to hold the stock till 24th January 2014, when the CCI cut the +100 from top, you would have noticed that the closing price was 524. Just in less than 5 months a gain of 227.

Now if you are an investor, you can make good entry and exits by closing studying the CCI along with the RSI. You will also notice that the RSI was in oversold and overbought territories on the dates mentioned above.

The CCI is the better indicator, because it gives you an advance warning while the RSI gives similar warning but a little later.

Hope I am able to help you.

Tony

Hi Tony,

tointerpretthe breakpoints.As