PI Industries - Superior Business Model

Abhishek and Kiran,

If you focus too much on specifics (like you seem to be) in PI’s case, you are likely to miss the woods for the trees:). Rather you should turn the focus on understanding clearly - what has changed for PI now than say a couple of years back - and is it material enough to change the fortunes of the company.

I firmly believe, yes - that turnaround point is on us NOW. I have tried to draw attention to it, as has Hitesh. I would like you guys to think hard on this crucial aspect and come back with affirmations/or effective rebuts.

Having said that, I will point to how I look at these things, for a well-rounded perspective to emerge from your rebuttals/affirmations

a) I used to be pretty disappointed with PI’s up&down performances in the past - & unable to reconcile that with the very convincing discussions I have always had with Management - when questioned on why something did/or did not happen

b) After watching over 2 seasons - I realised the obvious - Agri-Inputs segment’s fortunes are more under Monsoon-vagaries effect than what a very capable Management can handle - the same understanding I reached on BKT or GRP - no matter how good a management there are business cycles you can never be on top of.

c) So we have one segment that can spoil the party for PI every other year and another segment which has lot of lot of Intellectual property, can compound steadily, and there is none like PI as a partner for Innovator agro-chemical companies. Its an edge that will keep growing stronger over time - relationships and volumes - and commercial success.

d) If you can’t see the great long term value in PI’s CSM segment - then the irritations over agri-inputs volatility may indeed overwhelm you, and you may dismiss this as that one other business. Its very important to make this differentiation in your head if you can - else forget PI - this is not your high-conviction business:)

e) I grant all the crib about non-performance/not walking the talk is FAIR - if restricted to Agri-Inputs. But if you are a fair observer of business you will grant the occasional CSM skips should be overlooked - and rather focus should be on how that segment has finally scaled up - and can I see anybody nearby - who can dislodge PI from this perch??

f)The timing of Management Talk has not come off on many occasions - but any fair business observer will have to grant that Management talk on Business direction has not wavered and that steady progress has been maintained. Leadership status has only strengthened over the years!

g) Agri Inputs pronouncements by Management - I do take with a healthy pinch of salt, yes. But now that we have a somewhat better understanding of Monsoon/vs Agri business in India (thanks to Kaveri seed and others and talks with farmers and other stakeholders) I also know when NOT TO IGNORE - what I see happening before me clearly. Great monsoons - leading to great Sowing of all kind of crops this year in India (there is no disconnect on that right?) - will lead first to great sales of top herbicides and later in the season top insecticides.

h) Which means this year there are very good things in store both on CSM and Agri-inputs for PI and from current run rate we see CSM segment getting the better of Agri-Inputs. One can have different views on projections for the year - that is not an exact science - an optimist like me will take the robust picture side and I do want to get corrected by skeptics on that.

But that is hardly the moot point. The moot point is has the Business profile for PI changed decisively? I believe it has and am very keen to question Management hard on just this aspect. What can go wrong form here and establish for ourselves if it is still a NO-BRAINER opportunity like it seems to me now:)

I am going to such lengths to give a clear glimpse of the promise I see in PI- only to enlist the best of questioning skeptic minds at ValuePickr!

So guys focus and give me the real hard questions to ask.

1 Like

Mahesh

We have edited -removed spaces basically - in your recent posts.

Can you please ensure you are extra careful about spacing between lines/paras in your posts - makes for better reading and economy of space! We have seen this usually happens when one copy-pastes say from existing docs/notes made -notepad or other such. Just make sure after you copy-paste that you care to remove extra spaces, etc and proper formatting.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hi Ilyas,

Great to see your enthusiasm in attending PI AGM. Hope you get more folks joining in.

I haven’t attended PI’s AGM before - but just be aware that AGMs in India are mostly damp squibs - unless there is a very progressive Management like Hawkins, Mayur etc that take pains to accommodate investor queries seriously. and I think we small investors are more responsible for that culture - of focusing on gift-grabbing and/or creating trouble by nit-picking from AR notes - why is this not explained or this should have been here rather than there as we saw recently in Swelect Energy.

Having said that its good to go and attend and see what happens - you may be just lucky to find management spending some time to educate/layout strategic or broad business directions. You do get the opportunity to shake hands with Management, ask 1 or 2 key questions, exchange business cards etc …even establish a mechanism/contact-point for addressal of genuine investor queries.

As far as queries to ask Management - Mahesh has already pointed to some good stuff. Pick and choose what you want to throw at Management - better to choose specifics - so you can get quick answers. Over the next few days, I am hopeful of members contributing much more.

Sony R&D benefits to the topline or bottomline is quite far away at this moment. My view is not to factor that in, in any forward projections - whatever comes is a bonus!

29th Thisâd Donât

Donald,

Firstly, I do hold PI, so it is not that I do not like or understand what they are doing.

For me most (99% probably) businesses are cyclical, it is the time of the cycle which varies (some have a very long cycle and others a much shorter one). So, in that respect PI is no different.

I am not inclined to see PI as 2 separate businesses when it comes to management competence. I fail to understand why a “competent” management would be able to “forecast” CSM growth and then equally fail to do the same for agri-inputs. If I was the CEO, I would be trying to make more conservative pronouncements to the market instead of trying to drum up confidence in my stock! Even in the CSM space, they have more often than not given overly optimistic guidances. I also don’t like the fact that in the year when PI has done so well, promoters have reduced their holding by 5% (down from 63.65% in FY12 to 58.85% in FY13)

Is there a structural shift? We will have to wait and watch. As I mentioned in a separate mail to Kiran, PI is a long term story. So, it is good to be clued in. Do I want to o overboard with it and allocate 10% of my portfolio to it? At this time - No way.

Agree on what you said DonaldJi.

Yes, this year should be really good for PI due to bumper monsoon. But the key question is-

PI looks a no-brainer to you for this year or for 2-3 years?

And

**45% of PI revenues is highly dependent on something no one can control, so in that light can PI become a High conviction bet for anyone for long term? **

@Abhishek

I also don’t like the fact that in the year when PI has done so well, promoters have reduced their holding by 5% (down from 63.65% in FY12 to 58.85% in FY13)

I think this is owing to the QIP they have done in Jan’13. In fact the decline in promoters’ holding over past 3-3.5 years is entirely because of equity dilution in favour of PE and institutional investors (StanChart and others)

@Donald thanks for your encouraging words, will try my best

How was Vivek Singhal associated with PI Industires.

He has passed away yesterday . What impact could it have on co?

This may have impact on PI as well.

http://www.livemint.com/Money/JPWsJzXfRCPl4Jn7n0700J/Incessant-rains-threaten-to-weigh-on-agrochemical-sales.html

Guys,

1). Hold your horses. No one has asked you to bet 10% of your Portfolio on PI

2). We are asking you AGAIN to focus on the big picture with an OPEN mind

3). If you can be open, you will have the ability to ASK the right questions to Management - and help me test my Hypothesis very strongly- is PI at an inflection point currently? - see what they come up with - and then decide what to allocate, exit allocations, or ramp up!I would think that would be the proper course of action - for anyone who has seen any promise in PI

4). However, if you have already written PI off - that it will remain a monsoon-led cyclical - and that nothing significant in CSM has happened to take note of - Management has failed to walk the talk )- well…I rest my case…no debate there:)

Beyond a point, we should always agree to disagree. The conviction of a direct one-on-one with Management is not easily transferred, so I can understand the unease. But I always consider it my job to try and transfer what I felt at the interaction - by first preparing very hard to leave no angles tossed-up/unchecked - and secondly by painstakingly reproducing it for everyone’s benefit.

Those who can help with raising specific questions to throw at Management, please contribute and help the cause!

Re-QIP dilution

If Management is able to dilute at higher valuations thru QIP/other route - and the dilutions are not too frequent - in my book that’s not necessarily a negative, depending on premium valuations it can very well be a positive too. Will look at this issue, and thanks its another question added.

Jatin,

1). Did PI look a no-brainer in 2011, why?

PI looked a no-brainer to me in 2011 middle (the value of the CSM business was very apparent to me then - the picture has only strengthened since then, and yesfrankly I didn’t understand the Monsoon effect vagaries then, was sort of blind to it), so I had allocated significantly ~400± pre-split prices.

I wish I had the sense to look at PI when Mahesh first started writing or atleast immediately when Hitesh had also noticed, and started flagging it. If only Mahesh had held on, as on date it’s a 58% annualised return since last 2.5 years. Now who can complain with that:)

I had enough conviction to hold on - even with the monsoon-led vagaries the business encountered - just for the very deep conviction I had of the value for the CSM side of the business. I reckoned that if an acquirer would look at buying PI out then, he will be willing to pay atleast 15x+ earnings. And I had the benefit of the Management’s strategic thinking on why the business will get de-risked over time as CSM scales up significantly - sure the timing on that (was uncertain I got to know with hindsight), but given that CSM business was at nascent stages and low volumes, mostly R&D stage molecules, and low commercial scale molecules, it was a no-brainer call (for me) that eventually this is likely to come about - if the Innovator agri-molecules do well, PI CSM has to do very well! Over time for an acquirer of this business, it is going to become more and more costly to acquire, I had no doubts at all.

Then all I had to look at is do I have enough Margin of Safety to allocate a significant portion. Fortunately that entry price in mid 2011 has ensured the business has delivered a 31% annualised return for me over the last 2+years, even with all the vagaries:)

As we can see others may have had different experiences with PI dependent on time of entry and the price one paid for it. This is something that many of us ignore - citing CONVICTION say - in cases like Ajanta, Astral or other well-discovered stocks and justify paying higher premium valuations say as of now. End of the day - Portfolio performance - is first and foremost very dependent on Entry Price, and only then on getting allocations right. I don’t know how the purists view it and they may well differ, but this is my practical experience and I know no other way.

2). Is PI a no-brainer for this year or 2-3 years?

My projections show me PI is available at 11-12x one year forward, and that’s a very attractive price for me - given my views and conviction about that business.

So yes its a NO-BRAINER for me even now. Depending on what view emerges after the latest Management Q&A (have the dynamics changed for the better decisively), my allocations can go up 2x form current levels.

PI is not an Opportunistic Portfolio bet for me, it is a long-term Portfolio bet for me, so horizons for every fresh allocation is 2-3 years, at the minimum. Hope Some of the above helps in explaining my take on the value of a business like PI’s - even if Agri-Inputs segment plays spoilsport every other year. So far the numbers -and market valuations - have justified keeping my faith in PI:)

3.45% of PI revenues is highly dependent on something no one can control?

Hey, its not as if PI has been making losses because of this segment:). The right way to look at even this segment is what it has delivered since 2011 on an annualised basis -15% Sales CAGR vs CSM 55% CAGR. My FY14 projections shows me a 18% CAGR Agri-Inputs performance, and 48% for CSM - and I am very happy to take that!

Frankly, I don’t know what the hulla-baloo is about. PI’s agri inputs segement is NOT a mediocre business by any stretch of imagination. That it manages these numbers for the volatile Agri-Inputs segment is testimony to a capable management - maintaining leadership position on par with competition - a point Mahesh has many many times tried to bring out by painstaking pointing to Competitor performances.

I will rest the case here. I AM positively biased for PI. My views should be taken salt.I normally do not aggressively defend my point of view - as I am a high calculated risk taker. I feel PI is not a story that is understood well by many (just like Mayur and Astral weren’t at some time for a number of years) - hence this uncharacteristic burst from me - to give some food for thought for those who like to think about businesses differently - thanks to Jatin’s pointed queries. I reserve my right to maintain silence, hence:)

Disc: PI is a significant portion of my Portfolio. I am adding regularly, at current levels. Will add significantly and/or desist depending on latest Management Q&A planned.

** PI

** years?

And

45% **

This I would entirely agree with you - I would prefer a Management who made conservative pronouncements.Having said that - I will not let that preference of mine overshadow facts/developments on the ground that point to competitive position getting significantly strengthened.

I am completely pragmatic that way - I know Management has a propensity for talking big - but I would discount that (being aware of that) but focus rather on 25% CAGR business performance visbility/sustainability)- and work hard on establishing that either way. End of the day, that is what matters.

For that matter - Yes Bank management is also known to talk big - talk up the stock! But where do we focus on?

Donald paaji

P.I is into manufacturing but not into retailing. Have they any plans to come out with their own brand/products (non agri) ?. Haven’t gone through the entire thread. Seeing seniors conviction in PI and the recent addition in valuepickr public portfolio, couldn’t wait and i don’t want to miss the potential returns. Hence chipped in midway

Will markets value PI highly considering they lack retail presence on their own and their CSM revenues are somewhat uncertain for me to predict

Hi Mallikarjun

Where did you find P.I. getting added in the valuepickr public portfolio. & can u send the link for the valuepickr public portfolio.

Rajeev,

Here is the list to the thread of Valuepickr Portfolio.

http://www.valuepickr.com/forum/site-navigation-some-pointers/valuepickr-scorecard-aug-2011/678943340/

Some data points on PI :

Last 5 Years' CAGR in Revenues, EBITDA, PAT, Debt, Assets, OCF as well as Share Price of PI v/s all comparable peers :

PI Industries

Rallis

Dhanuka

Insecticides

Divis

Hikal

5 yrs.' CAGR in

Revenues

25.45 %

16.66 %

18.59 %

25.58 %

15.91 %

6.62 %

EBITDA

38.22 %

28.92 %

21.20 %

28.69 %

15.22 %

13.01 %

PAT

72.65 %

27.01 %

30.66 %

19.88 %

11.61 %

- (11.79) %

Net Assets

23.64 %

16.46 %

21.39 %

55.99 %

16.69 %

26.03 %

Debt

1.05 %

2.97 %

- (7.08) %

67.99 %

- (17.64) %

1.75 %

Cash Generated from Operations

39.76 %

51.63 %

56.25 %

Negative

9.70 %

9.37 %

Share Price

44.27 %

35.69 %

27.94 %

54.27 %

8.24 %

- (0.35) %

Valuation Multiples commanded by PI v/s all comparable peers as on date :

PI Industries

Rallis

Dhanuka

Insecticides

Divis

Hikal

EV/Sales

EV/EBITDA

EV/OCF

Negative OCF

EV/Net Assets

P/E (TTM)

P/B

MCAP/Sales

Scale of Operation

(in cr.)

EBITDA (in cr.)

PAT (in cr.)

Above things are higlighted to adjudge the standing of PI v/s all peers as also when an investor looks to invest in the concerned segment, then does PI deserve a first choice status or not....

(1) As can be seen from above, PI's size of operations alongwith profitability ratios are far superior to all peers except Rallis & Divis and are at par with Rallis.

(2) If we assess last five years' operations of all the companies, PI has fared far better and emerges as the best managed company amongst all peers. CSM segment is majorly responsible for this but this doesn't take away the fact that the management has managed the operations exceptionally well.

(3) If we check the price appreciation angle, to our surprise, one of the worst managed company, Insecticides has given superior returns than all the peers and second comes PI with Rallis not far behind PI. This leaves scope for Pi to emerge as a good wealth creator over next few years provided it can continue with such exceptional management of funds and growth.

(4) Out of all companies, its only Divis which has clear growth visibility over next 3 years other than PI. All other companies are majorly dependent on monsoons to perform well whereas PI, because of its confirm minimum 600 cr. p.a. revenue visibility over next 3 years (because of USD 300 mn. + order-book) is set to outperform its peers.

(5) As the contribution from CSM increases,PI will gradually move ahead of valuations commanded by Rallis and closer to valuations commanded by Divis provided management gradually reduces gross debt position of the company to become net debt free within few years.

All said, the current stagnation of market price of PI and apprehensions market players have reminds me of 2010 when I first took exposure to this company. Even after my entry, the price went off and on into positive/negative (wrt. to my entry price) in the range of 480-600 for almost 1-1.5 years. Even two subsequent positive results were not enough to move the share and it challenged my conviction at that time too. But, when the price discovery actually happened it was sharp and in a matter of just one month it just almost doubled in value.

This is not to say that such price performance can be expected again as today this company is much better tracked and is relatively more over-owned...but, the valuations at which currently its trading at after ignoring all the positives, the situation is a mirror of 2010-2011. Scepticism is a good thing but over-scepticism makes one loose on a good opportunity. Its not that Pi is immune to shocks but it is relatively better placed to weather any shocks than all its peers.; and, such reltively better placement has to come with richer valuations and can't atall meet with inferior valuations.

On TTM basis the valuations look at par but if we factor in FY14 numbers, PI will look realtively undervalued 1-2 quarters down the line and that situation can't persist for long as in today's uncertain macros, we don't have many cos. growing at such healthy pace and offer good growth visibility with reasonable free cash flow generation.

Eagerly awaiting PI's management Q&A outcome.

Rgds.

Discl. - Have invested significantly into PI and so my views have to be taken in that regard.

Thanku Mahesh

@Rajeev Hope you went through the valuepickr portfolio thread

Regards

mallikarjun

Clarification:

No buy call has been given on PI recently. As is being made out by certain members.

PI Industries has been a long term buy-hold recommendation given in early 2011 for ValuePickr Public Portfolio. The recent suggestion is from my side to consider recommending PI for additions -pending the Management Q&A.

Public Portfolio is an Admin job -after polling Senior ValuePickrs, for a risk-adjusted balanced view. As mentioned many times before, no reccos can be given without the benefit of a recent updated Management Q&A.

@Mallikarjun - Please rein in your horses, and wait for official reccos - my suggestions have vested interests at stake. And please please read the Stock Story and the Management Q&A - in complete detail - to get uptodate on 60-70% idea on the strengths/weaknesses of a business quickly.

If you don’t do that and start jumping around:) (pardon the expression) based just on what xyz is saying,it is at your own peril. We will answer relevant questions - only after you have read the stock story and Management Q&A:)

http://www.vccircle.com/video/2013/04/01/salil-singhal-how-he-built-and-scaled-pi-industries

An excellent interview of Salil Singhal .The co & promoter seems to be v ethical shrewd businessman taking calculated risks & the future seems bright.

Clarification:

No recently. ** @Mallikarjun - around:)) saying,it peril.We Q&A:))

Sorry paaji…I did jump the gun…And tried for shortcuts

Prabhudas Liladhar has come out with a28 pages Report on PI Industries dated 19th August 2013…Recommends Buy with a price target of 175

Rgds.

Domestic agriâinputs business â strong distribution network and increasing share of inâlicensed molecules have been the key to success:

âinputs business â strong distribution network and increasing share of inâlicensed molecules have been the key to success:

PI has emerged as a leading player in the domestic agrochemicals industry through its wide distribution network and strenghtening product portfolio. Companyâs clear-cut strategy of steering away from manufacturing of âme-tooâ products, while increasing the share of in-licensed molecules, has paid rich dividends.

Consequently, share of in-licensing as a % of domestic agri-inputs revenues as increased to 60% in Q1FY14 from 20% in FY09. Companyâs flagship product, _Nominee Gold _(in-licensed from Kumiai, Japan) is one of those few products which contributes domestically more than Rs1bn of revenues annually. PI remains confident that _Nominee Gold _will become the largest herbicide brand in India.

**PI has emerged as a leading player in the domestic agrochemicals industry through its wide distribution network and strenghtening product portfolio. Companyâs clear-cut strategy of steering away from manufacturing of âme-tooâ products, while increasing the share of in-licensed molecules, has paid rich dividends.

Consequently, share of in-licensing as a % of domestic agri-inputs revenues as increased to 60% in Q1FY14 from 20% in FY09. Companyâs flagship product, _Nominee Gold _(in-licensed from Kumiai, Japan) is one of those few products which contributes domestically more than Rs1bn of revenues annually. PI remains confident that _Nominee Gold _will become the largest herbicide brand in India.

_Nominee Gold _(in-licensed from Kumiai, Japan) is one of those few products which contributes domestically more than Rs1bn of revenues annually. PI remains confident that _Nominee Gold _will become the largest herbicide brand in India.

ï **Robust pipeline of inâlicensed molecules to drive growth: **Through its noncompete business model, strong distribution network and a credible history of new products launches, PI has been able to partner with global giants and build a robust pipeline of novel products. PI currently has 8-10 novel products in pipeline and plans to launch two products annually over the next few years. We believe consistent launch of new molecules will enable PI to garner incremental market share and strengthen its positioning in the domestic market. Introduction of novel molecules not only boosts the growth proposition, it also provides for profitable growth as these molecules are newer chemistry and carry higher margins.

**Robust pipeline of inâlicensed molecules to drive growth: **Through its noncompete business model, strong distribution network and a credible history of new products launches, PI has been able to partner with global giants and build a robust pipeline of novel products. PI currently has 8-10 novel products in pipeline and plans to launch two products annually over the next few years. We believe consistent launch of new molecules will enable PI to garner incremental market share and strengthen its positioning in the domestic market. Introduction of novel molecules not only boosts the growth proposition, it also provides for profitable growth as these molecules are newer chemistry and carry higher margins.

Custom synthesis business â Reaping the benefits now of firstâmover advantage: Though PI entered the custom synthesis space in mid-1990s, this business gained traction only from FY08 onwards due to the high gestation period of this business model. Custom synthesis business requires building longterm relationships with innovator companies through competent process research, ability to quickly scale-up to commercial manufacturing, maintaining the confidentiality clause, demonstrating research expertise etc. Once such trust was established, PIâs investments have started paying off and the company is now comfortably sitting on a large order book. Custom synthesis revenues have grown at a CAGR of 58% to Rs5.9bn in FY13 from Rs2.3bn in FY11.

â Reaping the benefits now of firstâmover advantage**: Though PI entered the custom synthesis space in mid-1990s, this business gained traction only from FY08 onwards due to the high gestation period of this business model. Custom synthesis business requires building longterm relationships with innovator companies through competent process research, ability to quickly scale-up to commercial manufacturing, maintaining the confidentiality clause, demonstrating research expertise etc. Once such trust was established, PIâs investments have started paying off and the company is now comfortably sitting on a large order book. Custom synthesis revenues have grown at a CAGR of 58% to Rs5.9bn in FY13 from Rs2.3bn in FY11.

ï **Strong pipeline of patented products in custom synthesis augurs well over the mediumâterm: **Under the CSM business, around 25-27 products are in the pipeline currently, while 13-14 products have been commercialized as of now. Generally, 45-50% of the products in the pipeline get commercialized and the revenue potential of a successful molecule is US$10-15m. As of June 30 2013, order book stood at US$307m which implies visibility for the next 2-2.5 years of companyâs CSM capacities (incl. the newly commissioned Jambusar facility). We would like to highlight that order book is understated, given the fact that it only includes multi-year orders, while expected annual renewals are not accounted for in the order book. In PIâs custom synthesis segment, order-book based business accounts for 60% of the revenues, while the balance 40% is through renewal of annual orders. Further, PI is the only custom synthesis player in India where patented molecules or molecules which are in the early stage of their commercialization period contribute ~80-85% of the annual business of this segment. PI benefits from commercialization of such molecules as these molecules are patented and they have a significantly long life cycle.

**Strong pipeline of patented products in custom synthesis augurs well over the mediumâterm: **Under the CSM business, around 25-27 products are in the pipeline currently, while 13-14 products have been commercialized as of now. Generally, 45-50% of the products in the pipeline get commercialized and the revenue potential of a successful molecule is US$10-15m. As of June 30 2013, order book stood at US$307m which implies visibility for the next 2-2.5 years of companyâs CSM capacities (incl. the newly commissioned Jambusar facility). We would like to highlight that order book is understated, given the fact that it only includes multi-year orders, while expected annual renewals are not accounted for in the order book. In PIâs custom synthesis segment, order-book based business accounts for 60% of the revenues, while the balance 40% is through renewal of annual orders. Further, PI is the only custom synthesis player in India where patented molecules or molecules which are in the early stage of their commercialization period contribute ~80-85% of the annual business of this segment. PI benefits from commercialization of such molecules as these molecules are patented and they have a significantly long life cycle.

ï **Expect earnings to compound at a CAGR of 39% over FY13â15E: **We expect PIâs revenues to grow at a CAGR of 23% during FY13-15E (expect PIâs domestic business to grow at a CAGR of 18.7% during FY13-15E, while custom synthesis is expected to grow at a CAGR of 26.9% over FY13-15E). Margins are likely to improve by 190bps to 17.6% by FY15E driven by improvement in domestic agriinputs business, increasing share of in-licensed business and higher proportion of custom synthesis which carries higher margins. We expect PIâs earnings to increase at a CAGR of 39% with EPS likely to increase to Rs13.9 in FY15E.

**Expect earnings to compound at a CAGR of 39% over FY13â15E: **We expect PIâs revenues to grow at a CAGR of 23% during FY13-15E (expect PIâs domestic business to grow at a CAGR of 18.7% during FY13-15E, while custom synthesis is expected to grow at a CAGR of 26.9% over FY13-15E). Margins are likely to improve by 190bps to 17.6% by FY15E driven by improvement in domestic agriinputs business, increasing share of in-licensed business and higher proportion of custom synthesis which carries higher margins. We expect PIâs earnings to increase at a CAGR of 39% with EPS likely to increase to Rs13.9 in FY15E.

ï Recommend âBUYâ with target price of Rs175: We value PI at 12.5x FY15E earnings resulting in target price of Rs175 (upside potential of 34%) and recommend âBUYâ. At CMP of Rs131, stock is trading at 12.4x FY14E earnings.

Recommend âBUYâ with target price of Rs175: We value PI at 12.5x FY15E earnings resulting in target price of Rs175 (upside potential of 34%) and recommend âBUYâ. At CMP of Rs131, stock is trading at 12.4x FY14E earnings.