Parth's Portfolio - Quick Review

Hi All,

This is my first post. While I have been reading ValuePickr forum from a long time this time I finally took the additional steps to seek guidance from the tremendous amount of knowledge have picked up over the years and in the bargain be able to some knowledge of my own.

Below is my current portfolio:

Across Market Caps (Though I do not invest basis Market Cap and rather prefer to look at businesses bottom-up to arrive at an investment thesis)

Will discuss the thesis of investment on a business to business to basis in the next post.

Businesses I am looking to add in the current pull back is Aarti Inds, Sanofi, Asian Paints, Pidilite, Bajaj Finserv, KEI ind.

Will appreciate comments from everyone questioning my rationale.

Regards,
Parth

3 Likes

What I really like in your portfolio is it is very simple and less cluttered! It takes years to achieve this I feel, unless you are a disciplined investor from the very beginning. May I know when you started this portfolio.

Curious, Why is HDFC Life not a long term holding?
While Asian paints is on my radar as well to add but it is not giving chance to add for obvious reasons.

The companies I like in your portfolio - HDFC Life, 3M India, Asian Paints and Pidilite.
Looks a Solid portfolio

Any specific reason of not having asset management or general insurance company in portfolio?

Thank you for your views on my efforts.

1. I have started this portfolio 3 years ago and it has served me well. Like any newbie, had a few momentum picks (flavours of the season) but with lady luck on my side, was able to get out of those picks on time.

2. All long term holdings have been in the portfolio for greater than 1 year, HDFC life only part of quantity is greater than a year, rest is less than a year although nothing in the last 3 months.

3. Asian Paints is one of those companies which you keep on SIPing, there’s no great or bad time to enter.

Regards,
Parth

Hi Nitin,

Asset Management has only two listed companies NAM and HDFCAMC.

1. HDFCAMC - Valuations are sky-high and even for a credible management I am not able to justify them
  2. NAM - They have been caught in all the googlies the market has thrown including the latest one of YES Bank, hard to invest in a company which could not do right by its unit holders in the first place.

General Insurance - Am researching but nothing concrete on my radar yet, happy to research a name that you think is a worthy portfolio candidate.

1 Like