NMDC-Value or Cyclical?

As per the article published by Mint, NMDC Steel may be listed in December 2022.

Disc : Holding NMDC as Dividend Stock.

7 Likes

Let us discount the 21000 crore by 50%. So, the adjusted market value will be 25000 crore for average net profit per year around 6500 for the last 5 years. Considering the iron ore prices are at the lower end of the cycle, in my opinion, I agree with your observation that NMDC is very undervalued. Nice margin of safety. Also, I believe and hope that NMDC is past its mine leasing issues.

1 Like

Also, it was as if the the market wasn’t valuing the steel plant pre-merger. So when the prices corrected, post merger, the margin of safety just increased for post merger NMDC. Hope the steel plant is profitable but not sure it will be as profitable as NMDC w.r.t profit margin. Let’s be conservative and say that we will receive a dividend of Rs 5 this year, the dividend yield will still be roughly 5% which is alright. I guess NMDC might not become a multi bagger like some of the other growth companies but I think of it as better than bond investing.

5 Likes

No export duty on iron ore, steel -

"The government has withdrawn or cut export duty on steel products and iron ore effective Saturday. Duty was imposed in May this year.**

As per the Finance Ministry notification issued late on Friday, exports of iron ore lumps and fines with ‘less than 58 per cent Fe’ will attract NIL export duty. In the case of iron ore lumps and fines with more than ’58 per cent Fe’, the rate of duty will be 30 per cent. Exports of iron ore pellets will attract NIL export duty. Similarly, exports of pig iron and steel products (classified under Harmonised System or HS 7201, 7208, 7209,7210,7213, 7214, 7219, 7222 & 7227) will attract NIL export duty."

(Government cuts export duty on steel products, iron ore - The Hindu BusinessLine)

4 Likes

nagarnar: Govt invites bids for privatisation of NMDC’s Nagarnar Steel Plant - The Economic Times (indiatimes.com)

1 Like

NMDC steel shares credited in Demat today. Any idea whn the trading vl start on stock exchanges??

Who is your broker? Not credited for me.

1 Like

what is the full name, ISIN /BSE code pl

I got the credit on my cdsl acc too (zerodha)
NMDC STEEL LIMITED # EQUITY SHARES INE0NNS01018 Credit 05/12/2022 21:38:18

1 Like

Broker is Zerodha nd account with CDSL. Other queries are also cleared in subsequent replies.

Basically, shares are reflecting in ur Depository account and not in the trading interface whr the portfolio is shown. Now different brokers have different ways of showing these on their interfaces.

Best way to check is thru direct depository login

NMDC steel has been credited to Demat account not in trading account and it will be listed in Jan 23, listing date & price still not disclosed.

1 Like

From where you got the 23 Jan date

Check your Demat account in ICICI Bank app or Net banking, it has been credited there

1 Like

Is the ISIN INE0NNS01018?

I am saying Jan 2023, date not disclosed,

Jindal Steel & Power keen on RINL, NMDC’s Nagarnar iron and steel plant :slight_smile:

Have ICICI Direct users received NMDC Steel shares in their demat account?

Yes, I have received the same in my ICICI Direct account.