Newbie Novice Intro

Hi all. After browsing ValuePickr for a few weeks, thought I’d contribute something and introduce myself in the process. Here goes:

• Started following the Indian stock market regularly in March, 2020. Found twitter investor community useful.

• Had a small portfolio with HDFC Life and SBI Life IPO allocations and a few duds with losses of around 60k.

• Started reading books and buying and selling based on twitter/telegram tips and recommendations from family that had more experience than me. Investing/trading books I read so far based on various recommendations:

1. Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
  2. Trade Like Jesse Livermore
  3. A Complete Guide To Volume Price Analysis
  4. How I Made $2,000,000 In The Stock Market
  5. You Can Still Make It In The Market
  6. The Psychology of Money
  7. The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life
  • Went through mostly everything an amateur goes through. Made the broker some money.

• Trying to learn and be better everyday but failing, I guess.

• I want to learn and be independent instead of buying on tips. But after brief interludes of inactivity, I end up buying something on a tip and sell impatiently when it doesn’t increase in value sometime later and the cycle keeps repeating.

• Thought of doing a course from the ones being offered by some people I follow on twitter. But always questioned whether it’d make any sense so never did any course.

I think this is quite lengthy already. Hoping this results in something good.

2 Likes