Need your valuable thoughts and suggestions

Friends … I’m looking for open suggestions and recommendations. I definitely not lookifor multibaggers. I recently lost my dad and wanted to invest his life savings of 23 lakhs. I have younger brother working in gulf. We don’t need this money minimum of 10 yrs and I’m ok to invest in direct equity 40% of the investment amount but it must be safe bets like HUL, Nestlé etc. Please suggest what would be best approach to handle this. My family (mom especially) trust me more than any one so I have to be responsible more than being smart.

Appreciate your inputs.

PS: I invested my own money into equities and taken little risky bets laurus labs, iex, cdsl, cams etc.

1 Like

Hi Aru,

We’ve talked before. As you said you’ve already started a portfolio of your own, and you are diversified well into debt and mutual funds. If that is the case, I am wondering why you are not considering some of the more safer and still at reasonable valuations (PE, and PEG) components of your own portfolio safe enough for parking these additional funds with a buy on dips approach. If I had been in your place that would have been my approach.

Just as an example, The more reliable ones from your portfolio should be good candidates e.g. laurus. It recently went on a downtrend to below 600 and has since recovered a bit, but growth runway still seems intact.

Just my 2c. Of course it will be your call at the end.

2 Likes

U may replicate Marcellus CCP stocks which consist of bajaj finance bajaj Finserv icici bank pidilite titan etc … these are safe bets and u will sleep peacefully

Sorry for your loss

2 Likes

Welcome to VP. As you might have read the rules of the VP, People can’t suggest stocks here. You can definitely ask for their opinion on your portfolio provided you have given them your rationale.

Since you are a beginner and don’t have much experience, You can either go to financial advisor or invest in Index funds though SIP route.

Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor. Plz consult your advisor for any kind of suggestions.

1 Like

IMHO, you should go for monthly SIP, either directly or through mutual fund route or a combination of both. To make it even safer you can add debt and gold to the mix.
Like say, 10% Gold. 20% debt, 35% (mutual funds) 35% (direct equities), or any other weightage you maybe comfortable with and do a yearly or every two year rebalance. Further among mutual funds you can make a combination of Index funds, maybe one international fund and one multi cap fund). Hope this helps.

Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor. Plz consult your advisor for any kind of suggestions.