Naveen Portfolio

In the case of Infoedge, I think of the company as Investing into a VC fund. So Valuations are really subjective. I wanted to enter this one back when it was around ~350.

In my opinion, I wanted to start nibbling at the stock and learn more about it at the same time.

The Profitable companies that they hold are quite good and have a large runway to grow in the future.
The real turnaround would be when the currently loss making companies turn a profit.

4 Likes

Have they given any expected time for the same ? Thanks

Hi,

I am not an expert regarding the exact dates.
The point is that, these platform companies (Zomato, Naukri etc.) can be great money minting machines when they become profitable and that is usually when the companies go for an IPO.

2 Likes

I have subscribed to the SBI Cards IPO via the Retail Channel.
Approximately 5% weightage if all my Bids gets alloted.

1 Like

what i asked was that whether they have given any timeline for turnaround as didnt find any in last few concalls

Agreed

I have not come across any dates in my research as well. I’m ready to wait for 3-5 years for that to happen if needed.

1 Like

Hi,
New joinee here and following this thread. One question here- What do you think of Bandhan Bank now? Is there anything negative other than the notorious Covid-19, as the share price hitting lows on continual basis? I hope not.
Also, what is your opinion on Indusind Bank? Its fallen too much, not sure if it only because of Covid-19. Any idea here please?
You have really a great and consistent way of looking into things. More importantly, you have built this approach within a short period of time, not being a so-called experienced investors (as I understood, reading this thread, you started investing not that long ago). Did you read/investigate a lot before starting investing in the stock market? You have a mentor? Please pardon my too many personal questions. I just wanted to understand.
Hope to hear from you soon.Thank you.

Best Regards,
Satyajit

1 Like

Hi Satyajit,

Thank you for your comments. Let me answer the questions.

What do you think of Bandhan Bank now? Is there anything negative other than the notorious Covid-19, as the share price hitting lows on a continual basis? I hope not.

I am anticipating 2-6 quarters of lower growth and a spike in NPAs starting from Q3 2020. As a long term shareholder, I plan on holding on through the pain and adding more gradually. The comforting part is the presence of large capital reserves and quality management.

Also, what is your opinion on Indusind Bank? Its fallen too much, not sure if it only because of Covid-19. Any idea here, please?

I have not studied Indusind bank and thus unable to comment on it specifically on its quality of Assets/Liabilities. All I know is that currently, the market has a severe lack of trust for corporate loans and this is getting reflected in the Indusind stock price. Looking at the MCap of Indusind bank vs Yes bank, I get a feeling that Indusind share price would recover faster than the market in case of any good news.

Did you read/investigate a lot before starting investing in the stock market? Do you have a mentor?

I was lucky to get started in 2009-2010. My father had bought home past issues of Finance magazines and I read almost 15-20 of them and also read 2 Investment books before Investing my first rupee.

When it comes to Investigation for each stock, my rule of thumb is to spend at least 30 minutes of research for each 10k of investment. So by the time I have invested INR 100k into stock, I would have spent at least 300 minutes to study that company specifically. I have lost money whenever I broke this rule and invested based on FOMO. I have written conditions that need to be fulfilled before I sell a stock, and I have lost money whenever I have sold positions based on Fear of further Loss. Eg: A2z infra, Aftek, Sun Pharma, Future Consumer, Skipper, Arihant Capital, Vodafone Idea.

My mentors are Warren Buffet, Phil Fisher, Peter Lynch, Mohnish Pabrai and Parag Parikh. And most of them follow checklists and try to avoid acting based on biases/emotions by sticking with a strong process.

7 Likes

Hi Ciri,

Thank you so much for taking time to respond in details. This is much appreciated.
Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Satyajit

Did not participate (Neither buy nor Sell) in the market for the last few months as I was busy with my full time Job. The portfolio is at lifetime high values now due to the market upswing. I think this shows the power of buying and holding good quality companies.

I had shortlisted Bajaj Finance @2000, HDFC @1000 and Nesle near 15000 back in March. But did not press the button due to a hectic situation at work.

5 Likes

Hi
I like your portfolio and stocks i like (bajaj finance,Cera,chola,syngene,page).

Have few query
Example Ambika cotton you holding for long time I believe but last 5 years sales/profit went nowhere. 2015 sales/profit 495 vs 64 and 2020 620 vs 69. This stock growth more of less stalled last many years. Like to understand What’s your conviction to hold still? Still, this have pricing power? 5 year return too 6 % only this stock gave.

Wonderla: I don’t see any where theme park pick up will happen pre-COVID-19 level next 2 year plus Chennai park capex too they yet to complete and it will commence only 2024 after based upon current situation. What’s your opinion on this stock?

Finance side your portfolio 60% and Tsunami of NPA will be hitting Banking soon (2021-2022) especially bank like bandhan will be impacted.

As people earning power increase, consumption will get favored. I could see no stock of consumer side or FMCG in your PF. Any specific reason?

4 Likes

Hi Ranjith,

I’m was holding onto Ambika because of mainly the quality of the promoter and the high dividend. I generally hold stocks for the long term as long as my trust in the promoters remain intact. There will be many ups and downs in the meantime.

Wonderla has been a disappointment.

The main reason for Finance Bias, is that I’m able to understand the business model very clearly and see why the stocks I pick had a secret sauce.

The main reason of not having consumption stocks is that they always looked “expensive” to me. I will need to do at least 3-4 hours of research for each of my picks and quarterly monitoring afterwards.

Investment Strategy update:
Equity as a % of of invest able assets = 25%
I have been busy with my current Job and so unable to do the research needed to take new single company positions. Since January 2020, I am investing my current monthly cash-flows into Equity ELSS via SIP route.

Liquid funds as a % of invest able assets = 25%
I have also moved a portion of my savings to Liquid funds for the purpose of buying a new plot of land and building a house within next 6-12 months.

Cryptocurrency as a % of invest able assets = 50%
I have become part of a Cryptocurrency project which was founded by my friend and associate. Will not be discussing more so as to keep the sanctity of this forum.

Portfolio update:
I have sold out of Wonderla, Cera and Ambika cotton.

1 Like