My Rockets

Apart from that i have FDC which is not portfolio bet.

Barring Cera most of others are different from majority of valuepickrs’ PF but nevertheless good stocks . But why 11% allocation in Banco products given that its an auto ancillary and thats out of flavour now . Do you see any moat there?

Thanks Shankar for the reply.

Banco Products was one of my earliest picks when i used to do less research work. But i bought it average price of 75. So exit at this price is not possible. But the cash flows are good which some day should make the stock to move up.

Hi Rakesh,

Why are you saying that at buying price of 75, and CMP 59, selling of the above stock not possible. Why this reluctance to book loss, and move to some other better story (if you have)? What is the need of paring the losses in Banco Products only?

Just asking these question to let you think about the issue with typical price anchoring bias, which i used to have at my early days of investing.

Hi Subash,

Thanks for replying on my portfolio.

I am holding this stock because i have belief in management and their ability to deploy money in good return investments. So i am holding this stock from fundamental point of view. Also valuation wise its trading at 6 PE which is very reasonable for a company of this size [1200 crore in sales]

The only stock which is in loss is Banco Products.

Recall what Peter Lynch has written in One Up on holding on to laggards.

Holding on to losers is okay if you genuinely perceive a turnaround or business improvement is inevitable in the near future.

But holding on to losers in the hope of them rising again is wishful thinking, not investing.

ps: Just started my 3rd reading of this amazing book and it truly is the best investment done with 300 odd bucks.

Fully agree. I am currently afflicted by fracture of leg and practically restricted to home.

Started reading Poor charlie’s almanack and could go only upto half the book. Then took the easy and pleasing option of reading One Up On Wall Street – must be twelfth to fifteenth time and still enjoying reading every word of it.

It is like watching movies like golmaal (starring amol palekar), chupke chupke, rang berangi etc. Always enjoy these no matter how many times I have watched them earlier.

I feel if one digests One up fully, he will always find parallels of his stock picks in Indian markets as well.

Rudra,

You beat me here. I have read it twice only (and the only book to read twice).

Regards,

-Subash

Thanks Shankar for the reply.

Banco Products was one of my earliest picks when i used to do less research work. But i bought it average price of 75. So exit at this price is not possible. But the cash flows are good which some day should make the stock to move up.

Hitesh,

Great job. You seems to be completely dedicated to stocks.

Thats really amazing to read so many times.