My portfolio with allocation

I hold Infoedge 85 % , sbi 10 % , 63moons 5 % , as my current portfolio. Infoedge i hold for 9 years , sbi i bought at 300 , 63moons @ 107

Please suggest

You need to write your thesis for buying the stock also mention avg price.

It’s hardly a portfolio, it’s just a stock. You are lucky that it turned out great for you. But you also deserve a pat on the back that you chose a decent jockey who multiplied your wealth.

If you continue to hold stocks like in this portfolio, make sure you know as much as the CEO of Infoedge to protect your wealth. And then pray to god that no streak of bad random luck affects infoedge negatively in a big way.

11 Likes

My average buying price is 145 . Infoedge is the only Listed consumer internet company in India. You get a combo of operative companies and VC investments in several startup. Not many understand the business of clicks and global valuations & money train of Chinese, USA , Softbank & 100’s of PE’s. Infoedge growth rates for years are 18 % plus topline & cash . If you combine associates growth rates are 25 % plus. Consumer internet is highly scalable locally & globally with advertisement the main variable cost. Infoedge has the art of investing in startups and mentor their growth. They dont over spend and manage their cashflows carefully. India is 10 years behind China. Info edge is only 4 billion market cap. This is petty cash for foreign investors. With low data cost , High adoption of smart mobile devices makes Infoedge a growth stock for the next decade. In india very few listed companies come even close to Infoedge in groth rates. Last 10 year corporate presentations and financials show sustainability. Many mock Infoedge as Bubble etc, but they are all wrong as they dont understand this business and are glued only to spreadsheets. I see Infoedge at 8000 in 5 years . Many of their portals have potential to grow globally or many can be sold out at a very high premium. I find Infoedge management very smart in using their cash & managing startups with calculated risks. They also exit when things dont work out. Governnace of high level and good disclosures to make you comfortable.

1 Like

My average buying price is 145 . Infoedge is the only Listed consumer internet company in India. You get a combo of operative companies and VC investments in several startup. Not many understand the business of clicks and global valuations & money train of Chinese, USA , Softbank & 100’s of PE’s. Infoedge growth rates for years are 18 % plus topline & cash . If you combine associates growth rates are 25 % plus. Consumer internet is highly scalable locally & globally with advertisement the main variable cost. Infoedge has the art of investing in startups and mentor their growth. They dont over spend and manage their cashflows carefully. India is 10 years behind China. Info edge is only 4 billion market cap. This is petty cash for foreign investors. With low data cost , High adoption of smart mobile devices makes Infoedge a growth stock for the next decade. In india very few listed companies come even close to Infoedge in groth rates. Last 10 year corporate presentations and financials show sustainability. Many mock Infoedge as Bubble etc, but they are all wrong as they dont understand this business and are glued only to spreadsheets. I see Infoedge at 8000 in 5 years . Many of their portals have potential to grow globally or many can be sold out at a very high premium. I find Infoedge management very smart in using their cash & managing startups with calculated risks. They also exit when things dont work out. Governnace of high level and good disclosures to make you comfortable.

Its a concentrated portfolio. It is definitely a portfolio , it may not fit in your ideas.

3 Likes

When managing my portfolio I dont pray to god, I look at my risks locally as well as globally. I look at the global money trail. I have a clear defined stop loss. Its time advisors promote concentrated portfolios as a option. Heard too much about diversification and fear.

2 Likes

Infoedge Annnual reports, Quarterly statements & quarterly corporate presentations & Concalls are transparent. what the Management says does. They have nothing to hide.

1 Like

Interesting, infoedge seems to done exceptionally well and so does 85% of your portfolio!
Would be nice to know how your portfolio evolved over last 3 years and what actions you took over last year crash and thereafter… thanks

Infoedge 10 % SL got activated in March 20 fall along with all the other stocks . Then in the big fall in April re-entered the market . This time Infoedge was 65 % portfolio , Tata Comm 10 percent , micro & small caps 25 % . Still holding all the stocks . 100 % invested . Infoedge expect to double in 3 years from current prices.

1 Like

two very good stocks i missed, specially Tata Comm …sold too early…

once entered tata comm too early of its time and later on just in time but sold early…

What do you think about Tata comm journey ahead after being almost 7x in 1.5 years and with most levers playing in now? They have some pending spectrum issues …are they significant? Also, for this decade how much cagr you expect for it…will it be greater than IT services companies like Tata Elxsi/LTTS or LTI/Mphasis? Thanks

Tata Comm - from Jan 22 quarter expect growth to start . The new CEO & new CEO have tight leash on capex. Product offering teams moving better now with TCS synergy. The cable business can demerge in a year . expect large capex based to demerge and services to be demerged. In Tata Comm lot of land and building unutilized should be monetized in 3 years. Annual cash flow from 3000 cr can go up to 5000 cr in 2 years . Dividend 14 bucks can be 28 bucks in 3 years as cash will be substantial . AGR matter is in open . VSNL was always a fixed line license fee , DOT has wrongly charged like a cell phone company and also charged on services. Should be sorted in a year . Margins in services are 25 % like a I.T servics company . But market not giving that valuations yet. based on cash earnings per share its a low risk stock.

3 Likes

Hey

Would love to know more about Tata Communication.
Would you be able to give any links for further study.

There seems to be no write up in the forum as well.